NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Default Where can I find this kind of box for my graded cards?

I got the new Memory Lane catalog and saw the following 1955 Bowman set, all housed in this nice box.

http://www.memorylaneinc.com/site/bi...p?itemid=16787

Where does one go to obtain one? I have completed various sets from the 1950's and this seems ideal. Thank you.

Larry
Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Anthøny N. ex

PT Freund makes them, from my experience the cardboard ones (that roop sold and Freund makes) don't hold up nearly as well as the wooden ones -covered in black linen cloth, Roop sold these as well, and are also made by Freund.

http://www.ptfreund.com/
Old 04-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Bill

These are nice and not too expensive. I have 10 of them and they do a really good job.

http://aboxfactory.com/products.php?...20Chip%20Board

Life Member of Disabled American Veterans Chapter 7 Little Rock, Arkansas.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Anthøny N. ex

wow, box factory is way less expensive- thanks for posting.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Thanks for all your help! What is a "Roop" and where can I find this item or person? :-) Site? What do you suppose this person's 1955 Bowman set is housed in (wood?) and which company will supply the neat checklist that adorns the inside cover.

Thanks again guys.

Larry
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Anthøny N. ex

MJ Roop was a company that sold these boxes and slipcased binders to collectors. They went out of business a few years ago. Basically they took the same products offered by aboxcompany and archivalmethods (binders) and added a few bells and whistles- the checklist and screenprinting.
IMO you're better off creating the checklist yourself and having it laminated. The couple I have from Roop were full of errors and typos.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Seth

These aboxfactory boxes look fantastic, but can you order them off the website? I just tried and kept getting a error webpage after putting in my address, and it says they are "wholesale" only. Is there somewhere else that sells them? I just outgrew my current lockbox and would love to get ahold of one of these...
Old 04-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbernard View Post
These aboxfactory boxes look fantastic, but can you order them off the website? I just tried and kept getting a error webpage after putting in my address, and it says they are "wholesale" only. Is there somewhere else that sells them? I just outgrew my current lockbox and would love to get ahold of one of these...
Seth, I saw the same "wholesale only" message, but then scan down just below that, and there's a link where you can go to PayPal to pay for it. I just did that and it appears to have gone through; with postage it came to just under 35 bucks for me. Nice price that you can't beat (except when Anthony N. hooked me up with one - thanks again for that!).
Old 04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Bill

You should be able to order from the website I always have. I have always received fast service and my orders have been shipped the next day after ordering. Rick, who is the owner of A Box Factory posts sometimes on the SGC boards which is how I discovered them. The V-Notch trays are awesome too and they hold the slabs (PSA or SGC) with a sleeve nicely and are $5.35.

I have emailed Rick about the Net54 forum and maybe he will stop in and say hello and answer any questions.

Life Member of Disabled American Veterans Chapter 7 Little Rock, Arkansas.

Last edited by Cowboy Fan; 04-02-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Seth

Thanks guys, I see the paypal link now and will order. These really look perfect. After this thread, maybe they'll be buying some banner time on Net54, too!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Thanks so much guys for all your help!

Larry
Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
wow, box factory is way less expensive- thanks for posting.
I agree and nice looking. Just sent in an order.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Guys, just keep in mind that the cheaper boxes you are looking at above are not made of wood.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Seth

Hey guys, I just received my box today from aboxfactory, and I freakin love it. I bought the nicer wooden one, in black, it is super sleak looking, has a lock on the handle, and fits my cards really snug. One small complaint: if it is completely filled with SGC cards, then it is a bit small even though it still closes (there's a 1mm gap between lid and bottom), as I think the tolerances are cut to a slightly smaller PSA holder. But this is if you're putting like 120 SGC cards in it. Take a few out, and it fits beautifully and snugly (is that a word). I also had some problems (my fault) with shipping, and the customer service was just fantastic. I couldn't recommend this company more, a perfect box for my collection.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Scott S

I received mine last week as well (shipping was very quick). I got the $27 box, and though not as solid as the Roop boxes, it was worth it for the price.