NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Eric S.

Bobby-
Overall a nice upgrade, but honestly, the login and search field should be front and center of the home page, not an extra click away. My ancient hand hurt enough from clicking that I don’t need more clicks!

Thanks, Eric

Successful transactions with ecRich, HTBB, MPeich, Pencil1974, JLoewke, Darkhorse9, Therajah, eb548, Cards 2121, etc.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:59 PM
Marty Pritchard

I just searched 1958 Mays and the only result that I got was 1958 Yoo-Hoo matchbook Mantle. What do I need to do different?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:46 AM
Bobby Binder

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563205405

In the search you choose Baseball and Keywords if you typed 1958 Mays then this would be your results. I see 9 different cards for Willie and no Mantle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 5.42.27 AM.jpg (10.1 KB, 407 views)
Old 07-15-2019, 09:48 AM

It looks like VCP has a live chat feature to speak with a customer agent. I love this feature! I identify mis-sales or small errors all the time and to know someone corrects them in real time gives me more confidence in the data I am reviewing.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
There is a group of d bags that try to sell cards before the buy price hits your site. They quote the last reported sale as their data point.

Would Leon be open to creating a list of hobby deplorables that use this tactic?
You don't even like putting your name out here now. And I am not into managing it.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
It looks like VCP has a live chat feature to speak with a customer agent. I love this feature! I identify mis-sales or small errors all the time and to know someone corrects them in real time gives me more confidence in the data I am reviewing.
Also on the bottom right of every page is "Report a problem" this is the better way. We fix the errors usually within minutes.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:33 AM
Mike Reid

Bobby: thank you.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
Bobby, even as a gold member images are small in size. I realize you've implemented a circular zoom feature by touching the image with the cursor which is great, but do you also plan on having larger images available such as what the old site offered?
In regards to the images we really have no control of the sizes because it is what the sellers post. The larger images posted by sellers will have a stronger magnification on VCP than the smaller images. I hope that this makes sense.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:54 PM
Bobby Binder

The T206 search has been fixed and wanted to show you.http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563231280
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 12.52.01 PM.jpg (8.0 KB, 368 views)
Old 07-15-2019, 08:23 PM
Marty Pritchard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563205405

In the search you choose Baseball and Keywords if you typed 1958 Mays then this would be your results. I see 9 different cards for Willie and no Mantle.
I am now getting what you posted. Thanks for the fix
Old 07-16-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
The T206 search has been fixed and wanted to show you.http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1563231280
Bobby, great fix!! this is huge for me and T206 guys. Thank You!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:40 AM
Jay

Quote:
I agree with Ryan, this is great. Thank you so much for implementing this.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:34 PM
Jason S!m@nds

The search feature at the set level no longer works. If you type in a number, it pulls too many results (every card with that number in the price).

If you type in multiple numbers, nothing is pulled.

Is this something on the list of getting fixed? I use the multiple search function most days. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.32.02 PM.jpg (11.9 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 9.32.24 PM.jpg (13.2 KB, 309 views)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:21 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

How about addressing the recent posts on Blowout and CU?
Old 07-17-2019, 01:37 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan1883 View Post
Hi Bobby,

I hope all is well. Congrats on the new look site..
Something I have noticed being a M101-5 and m101-4 collector is #186 Zach Wheat in the -5 section is not listed correctly- Bobby Wallace cards are in the wheat sold comps section. And no 186 Bobby Wallace listed. I have noticed others players missing also.. referencing all the card numbers and variations may be helpful. The best source to see the true master set list is old cardboard .com combined master set list of m101-4s and m101-5s.. I would like to see wheat comps also who is the same number..

I noticed this on the old site also.

Thank you,
Connor

I just fixed the set, still can not move sales data around yet. As soon as I get the green light for that then that can be adjusted. Still working on fixing a lot of things that really could not be tested until we moved servers and into the new software.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:47 AM
Bobby Binder

To the person the asked for the Oh card to be moved. We had to move it back temporarily because the image did not go with it. Need to fix that first
and then we will move it to the correct listing.

Last edited by BobbyVCP; 07-17-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
How about addressing the recent posts on Blowout and CU?
Like the one suggesting Bobby under another ID is threatening to once again pull the buyer ID data? Or the one criticizing him for the mega PWCC banner ad?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Like the one suggesting Bobby under another ID is threatening to once again pull the buyer ID data? Or the one criticizing him for the mega PWCC banner ad?
Personally I would not answer anonymous trolls if I were him. People who are not hiding behind a keyboard I would answer.

Last edited by Leon; 07-17-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
The search feature at the set level no longer works. If you type in a number, it pulls too many results (every card with that number in the price).

If you type in multiple numbers, nothing is pulled.

Is this something on the list of getting fixed? I use the multiple search function most days. Thanks!
Hi Bobby!

To prevent this from getting sidetracked, I wanted to highlight this question again.

Thanks,
Old 07-17-2019, 11:11 AM
Bobby Binder

I am only a member on this board and only post on this board. Here is where VCP started 12 years ago. Here is a place that I respect their opinion and ideas and value the feedback given.

I hope this answers your question Peter_Spaeth
Old 07-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Arthur R!ch

Bobby, you got caught redhanded posting under an alt on CU. I mean, come on... you literally identified yourself in the older posts. I know it's embarrassing but have a sense of humor about it.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 07-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Quote:
I am only a member on this board and only post on this board. Here is where VCP started 12 years ago. Here is a place that I respect their opinion and ideas and value the feedback given.

Total and utter garbage, and anyone that reads those threads will see that. If you’d just own up to it, you might regain some credibility. The fact that you aren’t has made me rethink giving you the benefit of the doubt about protecting PWCC.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:

OK I am asking you the same question under my name, not in an accusatory way, just curious why there seems to be difficultly saving images that were not difficult to save before.

On a frankly more confrontational note, obviously you are not responding to the question I myself asked, which is why you are still promoting PWCC, since you don't by your own statements need their revenue.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-17-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
OK I am asking you the same question under my name, not in an accusatory way, just curious why there seems to be difficultly saving images that were not difficult to save before.

On a frankly more confrontational note, obviously you are not responding to the question I myself asked, which is why you are still promoting PWCC, since you don't by your own statements need their revenue.
Saving images? Not sure what you mean by this and did not know you could even do this on the old site. If you could it is new to me. Viewing images of past sales I can see we now have an image viewer so that you do not have to keep going back to the page and clicking.

In regards to PWCC and advertising. At the beginning of each year they purchase X amount of days for our side panel blitz program and pay for the whole year in advance in order to get a better rate. They have been doing this with us for the past 6 or 7 years now.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

If I had a website I would not want an ad from a fraudster to be the first thing people saw when they opened it. Take down the ad and refund the balance of his payment, how hard would that be? Is he going to sue you?

Old 07-17-2019, 01:12 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:

So to be clear, do you deny you are ConcernedCollec on Blowout? People might have ways of finding out, keep in mind.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:14 PM
Arthur R!ch

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 07-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Personally I would not answer anonymous trolls if I were him. People who are not hiding behind a keyboard I would answer.
I would not characterize the guys who have found all these altered cards as trolls, with due respect.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:18 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
If I had a website I would not want an ad from a fraudster to be the first thing people saw when they opened it. Take down the ad and refund the balance of his payment, how hard would that be? Is he going to sue you?
And thus Peter Spaeth has so commanded. Sorry Bobby, I guess you're going to need to refund PWCC.

On a side note, could you let me know whether the search feature is getting fixed?

Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:18 PM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
So to be clear, do you deny you are ConcernedCollec on Blowout? People might have ways of finding out, keep in mind.
This is a good one but the KauaBB on CU is much better and what caused the Blowout outing. "Who is Bobby?" has a non-zero chance of getting made into a t-shirt.

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...new-vcp#latest

Arthur

ETA: But don't worry, I totally believe your entire Memorial Day BS story now after all of this. Get busted posting under an alt? Double-down and do it again! That's how honest folk work.

Last edited by HasselhoffsCheeseburger; 07-17-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

[QUOTE=jhs5120;1899791]And thus Peter Spaeth has so commanded. Sorry Bobby, I guess you're going to need to refund PWCC.

On a side note, could you let me know whether the search feature is getting fixed?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE

Better to continue having people open up the website and see a huge ad from a fraudster. Cool.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Better to continue having people open up the website and see a huge ad from a fraudster. Cool.
Personally I'd rather see the money in Bobby's hands to continue improving the site.

If you're going to police what ad revenue companies accept, you're going to be a very busy man. Let Bobby run his company.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:59 PM
Arthur R!ch

Quote:
Personally I'd rather see the money in Bobby's hands to continue improving the site.

If you're going to police what ad revenue companies accept, you're going to be a very busy man. Let Bobby run his company.
Seriously guys. Johnson & Johnson, Pablo Escobar: you say toe-may-toe I say toe-mah-toe.

Arthur

Old 07-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:

Thanks again.
Can you elaborate on this? If it is in regards to the T206 Cobb search under Key Words...that has already been fixed and now showing back combinations as well.

If not than you need to tell me again, sorry if I missed it the first time.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Quote:
*crickets chirping*
Old 07-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Can you elaborate on this? If it is in regards to the T206 Cobb search under Key Words...that has already been fixed and now showing back combinations as well.

If not than you need to tell me again, sorry if I missed it the first time.
Hi Bobby,

See post # 63. When you go to any set page, the "Filter by Card # or Name" no longer works properly. The search function can no longer register multiple entries ("4, 76, 112, 156" for example) and when you search for a number, it will pull up too many incorrect results (mistakenly pulling the sales prices along with the set numbers). Please see the attached screen grabs.

Thanks!
Jason

I am primarily concerned with the multiple entries function, but the second issue can be somewhat annoying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VCP1.jpg (76.3 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg VCP2.jpg (71.6 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by jhs5120; 07-17-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Jason, you couldn’t have cropped PWCC out of those illustrations on the top left? Are you looking to cause a riot here??

Quote:
Hi Bobby,

See post # 63. When you go to any set page, the "Filter by Card # or Name" no longer works properly. The search function can no longer register multiple entries ("4, 76, 112, 156" for example) and when you search for a number, it will pull up too many incorrect results (mistakenly pulling the sales prices along with the set numbers). Please see the attached screen grabs.

Thanks!
Jason

I am primarily concerned with the multiple entries function, but the second issue can be somewhat annoying.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Jeremy W.

Quote:
Or kauaBB on PSA's site?
Old 07-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
Jason, you couldn’t have cropped PWCC out of those illustrations on the top left? Are you looking to cause a riot here??
Hopefully Peter doesn't make me write lines at the chalkboard.

Last edited by jhs5120; 07-17-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:32 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Hi Bobby,

Thanks!
Jason

Right now the filter is set up for single entry and not multiple. We are looking into making it a multiple point. So you will be able to enter 1,8,296 with the key part being the "comma".

In your second image we did not catch this because we never tried the filter will the Grade/Grader was on, it appears it is picking up all the 88 in the values as well. We need to adjust this to only read the name column.

Putting in a fix ticket now.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Right now the filter is set up for single entry and not multiple. We are looking into making it a multiple point. So you will be able to enter 1,8,296 with the key part being the "comma".

In your second image we did not catch this because we never tried the filter will the Grade/Grader was on, it appears it is picking up all the 88 in the values as well. We need to adjust this to only read the name column.

Putting in a fix ticket now.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Happy to help and I appreciate the response. Going forward, when do you believe multiple entries will be available again?

Also, if you do make multiple entries available, you might need to reconfigure the current search mechanism. If I search "5, 65, 118" it will pull cards 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, etc.

I like the new set up. My only gripe is the multiple fields search. Other than that, I think there are a ton of improvements.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:
I’m hoping you don’t get smacked in the butt with a ruler.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
LOL Jason.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Happy to help and I appreciate the response. Going forward, when do you believe multiple entries will be available again?

Also, if you do make multiple entries available, you might need to reconfigure the current search mechanism. If I search "5, 65, 118" it will pull cards 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, etc.

I like the new set up. My only gripe is the multiple fields search. Other than that, I think there are a ton of improvements.
By putting in the 5 you are getting the 5,15,25,35,etc...

Plan is to make the "Comma" the stop point for that request.

Getting it into action hope it wont be that long maybe a few days.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:59 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
By putting in the 5 you are getting the 5,15,25,35,etc...

Plan is to make the "Comma" the stop point for that request.

Getting it into action hope it wont be that long maybe a few days.
That would be huge. Thank you again!
Old 07-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I would not characterize the guys who have found all these altered cards as trolls, with due respect.
Please don't put words in my mouth . There are a few good guys over there but there are a ton of trolls too.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Please don't put words in my mouth . There are a few good guys over there but there are a ton of trolls too.
The guy asking Bobby the question was one of the guys outing the altered cards. You said to Bobby you would not reply to an anonymous troll. So it seemed a fair comment.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-17-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
The guy asking Bobby the question was one of the guys outing the altered cards. You said to Bobby you would not reply to an anonymous troll. So it seemed a fair comment.
So the mods over there will out Bobby (if he was there) but not one of the trolls saying i sell drugs to kids? Great place. And those guys doing all of the outing could be Peter Nash or worse. How do you know they aren't? I imagine some of the guys are decent guys but without knowing who they are how do you know? I could almost guarantee some are low life criminals, but again, since the mods protect them there is no way to know. Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks. Btw, Did the guy(s) over there accusing Bobby have names next to their ids?

Last edited by Leon; 07-17-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
So the mods over there will out Bobby (if he was there) but not one of the trolls saying i sell drugs to kids? Great place. And those guys doing all of the outing could be Peter Nash or worse. How do you know they aren't? I imagine some of the guys are decent guys but without knowing who they are how do you know? I could almost guarantee some are low life criminals, but again, since the mods protect them there is no way to know. Cesspool with a few good guys if you ask me. No thanks. Btw, Did the guy(s) over there accusing Bobby have names next to their ids?
I am not defending the whole concept of that board, I was only responding to a specific comment you made about one question asked there by one guy. I took your comment to imply that guy was a troll and I disagree.

That said, I fully support your policy of requiring names, as you know. But I've had lots of communications with the people on Blowout doing the outing and I either know who they are or am satisfied that they are acting with integrity. And their work really doesn't depend on who they are, pictures are pictures.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-17-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

So acting with integrity even if you are a criminal is ok, got it.

Quote:
I am not defending the whole concept of that board, I was only responding to a specific comment you made about one question asked there by one guy. I took your comment to imply that guy was a troll and I disagree.

That said, I fully support your policy of requiring names, as you know. But I've had lots of communications with the people on Blowout doing the outing and I either know who they are or am satisfied that they are acting with integrity. And their work really doesn't depend on who they are, pictures are pictures.

Last edited by Leon; 07-17-2019 at 06:33 PM.