NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-04-2018, 12:39 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
While everyone is beating up the post office, I have to share: I bought something off ebay Friday night and paid immediately. It was shipped Saturday morning from CA and arrived Monday in Cleveland, and it was shipped first class! Have no idea how that happened, it was amazing.
I have had that happen as well. Super fast shipping, even from the states, and other times, weeks overdue as they get held up at customs/the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Don't travelers checks get faked too? What's the difference?
That is what snapolit is saying, they should have disappeared just like traveler's checks did.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

2 times I have had not the greatest BST experience. With both of them, I specifically asked, "I do not want creases are there any creases on the cards not visible in the scans." The answers they gave was no, but both times, the cards had OBVIOUS creases. Perhaps, I should have sent the cards back but the first time, It was about a $50 T206, I was a new member here, and felt funny about complaining. The most recent time it happened it was a couple autographed 1972 Topps cards. I think I bought about 7 or 8 of them and 2 had creases. Low dollar amount didn't seem worth the effort. I just don't deal with either of them anymore. Other than that, many positive transactions with great folks here.

Long ago,I had a prominent T206 "expert" and occasional Net54 poster sell me an EX T206 on ebay that had a crease. I expect that on ebay, but here, I expect better.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:46 PM
$teve O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysell View Post
Again, guys I'd point out, this WAS MY BANKS mo, not one form other places ! Also it WAS one of the payment asked for , so that"s WHAT I sent ! Back to why I posted this in the 1st place , I was wounder if OTHER problems have & do pop up time to time ? As I see it , there was a communication problem & waiting 2 days to put it in the bank & another 2 days after it clears the bank to send it off ? sorry but that wasted 4 days , no other way to look at it guys ?Again asked about problems, not pointing the finger at me or him? WE all have rights do we not ?Robert D. Hysell
I received the payment on the 23rd after 5pm and deposited it on the 25th at
9:30am.Got an email from my bank after 6 pm on the 1st and sent cards on the 3rd at 9:50 am. Is that to long on my part?
I have done ALOT of deals on this site,buying and selling.There were times I waited over a week after I sent payment.I just would message the seller and ask if they received payment.Sometimes they forgot,or had stuff come up.
No big deal.My communication sucked,but I don't think the timetable of my
depositing the check and shipping after conformation the MO was good was bad.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Al Richter

Frank---had not thought of 54 as smelling like a rose bed before, but have noticed thorns here and there at times
Old 03-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Tim Newcomb

[QUOTE=39special;1753936]I received the payment on the 23rd after 5pm and deposited it on the 25th at
9:30am.Got an email from my bank after 6 pm on the 1st and sent cards on the 3rd at 9:50 am. Is that to long on my part?"

No, it isn't too long. OP seems quite impatient, especially to go public in the way he did.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:04 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default Bad dealings on this forum ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan View Post
My bank is coming out with a new electronic payment program this year. If you are signed up with online banking you will be able to send and receive payments to and from other people's bank accounts. No fees other than if they charge you for online banking, which my bank doesn't. There's a name for this new program which escapes me now. Essentially an ACH payment between banks. Might make this MO business ( and some other forms of payment) obsolete. Obviously there must be an element of trust between sender and recipient because you have to exchange account information.

Shameless plug so here goes. What you are describing is Zelle and it is a new Person to Person (P2P) payment solution. I work for the company that came up with it...Early Warning Services. It is a fantastic solution and super quick...available through over 80 financial institutions via their Online/Mobile banking capabilities. There is even a standalone app if your Bank or credit union isn’t signed up. The caveat though is only use it to transact with folks you know or trust. You send money via Zelle to someone you don’t know, it’s as good as dropping cash in an envelope...bye bye cash. Hope you folks try it out...good luck and check out www.zellepay.com if you want more information. M@tt McC@rthy

Ps...you don’t exchange account information...it relies on email or mobile phone number to connect folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.

Last edited by Big Six; 03-04-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Brendan Mullen

shameless plug so here goes. What you are describing is Zelle and it is a new Person to Person (P2P) payment solution. I work for the company that came up with it...

I work for a bank, PNC Bank, and we use Zelle. Works perfectly! Kudos....