NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 09-07-2023, 10:29 AM

Default 1902 C96 Views Of The World

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on this set. It has the first cards of some very important building such as The Vatican, The Taj Mahal and The Leaning Tower of Piza to name a few. There are only about 4-5 of each graded by PSA and I couldn't find a SGC pop report. The cards are beautiful for the time period. They seem to go for pretty cheap if you can find them. Is this a case of where they are too rare for their own good or people don't really care about buildings?
Old 09-07-2023, 10:32 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Exclamation Answer

Option #2. Very few graded because the grading costs way more than the card is worth.
Old 09-07-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
Option #2. Very few graded because the grading costs way more than the card is worth.
OK so you think there are a decent amount of raw out there?

It's just hard for me to wrap my mind around such significant buildings in 1902 cards not having any collectability but I guess that's the hobby
Old 09-07-2023, 11:53 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Answer

They are very collectible just not very valuable. Most non sports of that era of birds, animals, flags, cars, buildings, scenery etc don’t sell for more than a few dollars a card if in decent condition. They are usually purchased as sets or in large miscellaneous lots. Check eBay and auction house reports…..
Old 09-07-2023, 01:30 PM

I have searched on ebay and there is only 1 card available for sale from what I can find. That is why I thought they were rare. Finding info on the set is so scarce that this thread now shows as the top result in Google.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:47 AM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Link

Here is a link to where a complete set sold for "best offer" which means less than the asking price of $215 United States dollars..... 50 card set for $200 or less. They are not highly sought after and fall into the non sports abyss of "should be worth more but arent" . I agree they are cool looking and if you like them go after them. Cards like this I usually buy in piles at about $1 per card. A set usually would command a better premium just to have it complete. Non sports is an area where you can pick up old and fairly rare cards at bargain prices. Theres a few exceptions to this but these aint it. However, if you promote the Taj Mahal rookie card enough, who knows? https://www.ebay.com/itm/40411582784...Bk9SR7jC67jOYg

Last edited by NiceDocter; 09-08-2023 at 12:50 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-08-2023, 10:03 PM

Oh I know what that one sold for. Once I discovered the set after a late night PSA registry search and realized that I couldn't find others I made a goal to buy all the ones in decent shape I cand find. I've wasted way more on way less rare and cool stuff. I didn't really factor how cheap they were once I realized I couldn't find any. Many people have found gems at yard sales for pennies.

This is definitely not my wheelhouse so this could just be cards I enjoy for myself. The people I have shown at shows think they are really cool and I could've sold for more than I paid. I've only found one other person that was familiar with the set albeit a somewhat small sample size in the big scheme of things.. As I said earlier its hard for me to wrap my head around such significant places loved by many being so cheap. While the idea of a "rookie card" for a building seems dumb, as you said it just takes one idiot tell a lot of people and who knows.

I appreciate the responses.