NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Hey John Rogers I have a great deal for you. I’ll sell you all of Peter Nash’s memorabilia that I have as collateral. You can call your buddy up Peter Nash and I’m sure he will give you the provenance of the memorabilia, after all you did loan him unsecured loans of $166,200, so it make no sense that he wouldn’t give you provenance on this material. It would be a great deal for you and just think you would be helping your buddy out by paying down some of his debt. Remember my Judgment against Nash gets paid off first before you can get any of your money back from Nash.

Taking off a few items I have sold theirs approximately 60 items of Nash’s collateral I have for sale. Peter Nash puts a value of approximately $125,000 on this stuff. This deal would not include the Ed Delahanty bat that would have to be a separate deal. Make me an offer!
Robert I'll take the Delehanty bat can I get an LOA from John Rogers?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Scott no offense I wonder how laid back you would be with having been physically threatened, ripped off for huge amounts of money, given questionable or fake items for collateral on debts owed. All from a guy who pretends to be a hobby sleuth and savior, while yanking his pud in cyberspace and pointing out the whims and legal troubles of others while taking the 5th on his own.

I don’t think Nash “owns” Robert, more like he “owes” Robert money…if anything.

I think poking Rogers is fair if he’s so keen on Nash, and so quick to consign “memorabilia” to Coaches Corner…LOL.

Just my two cents there needs to be 1000 more posts on Nash the hobby needs to know what this guy is.
Poking Rogers is definitely fair - the Rogers issues are news to many of us.

I see your point about Robert, but just so he understands - he is known to most (if not all) of us simply as "the guy who hates Peter Nash". That is a positive thing, but most of us who dislike Nash (myself included) aren't known here on a vintage baseball card discussion forum, simply for our hatred of someone. The only person who came close was Travis and his hatred of PSA and JSA, but at least we also knew him as the boxing autograph guy.

But it is Robert's right to inadvertently (or purposely?) label himself here based completely on his relationship to Nash. It is only tiresome to me because I have read most of his 15 posts, and I'm not seeing anything new. But again, that's his right.

Having said all that - sorry, Robert, if I vented unfairly. Please continue, and I sincerely hope you get justice. And if there is something related to the forum that you can contribute, I would love to read it - you sound like a guy who could turn some of that passion toward positive stuff that would be interesting.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
15 posts and every last one of them relates to Peter Nash.

Seems like he owns you.
John Roger is the person that bought $550,000 of Peter Nash's stuff in an "AS IS" one lot auction. I’ve been told Roger's got all his money back by selling a few items. I see that a few of those items that Rogers sold ended up in "The National Pastime Museum" for example the Hugh Duffy bat, the Mike King Kelly bat and the Ed Delahanty pocket watch. Many of the item Roger's bought in this "AS IS" auction came from the same place my collateral came from. I know that many of the items that Nash had comes from the John Dooley Collection in MA. John Dooley was friends with Nuf Ced McGreevy and ended up with McGreevy's personal collection. But Peter Nash pleaded the fifth when asked where he got this stuff from. If the stuff was real, why did Nash plead the fifth? I've talked to the Dooley's family attorney and they told me that they considered going after Nash. You have to ask yourself, why did Nash plead the fifth? if he knew the stuff was real. I remember when Peter Nash told me about the treasure trove of stuff he found in Katherine Dooley's basement telling me it was worth millions of dollars. Peter Nash I know you will read this so why don't you give me the provenance of all the collateral I have so it can be sold for top dollar and be applied to your Judgment.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:44 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Poking Rogers is definitely fair - the Rogers issues are news to many of us.

I see your point about Robert, but just so he understands - he is known to most (if not all) of us simply as "the guy who hates Peter Nash". That is a positive thing, but most of us who dislike Nash (myself included) aren't known here on a vintage baseball card discussion forum, simply for our hatred of someone. The only person who came close was Travis and his hatred of PSA and JSA, but at least we also knew him as the boxing autograph guy.

But it is Robert's right to inadvertently (or purposely?) label himself here based completely on his relationship to Nash. It is only tiresome to me because I have read most of his 15 posts, and I'm not seeing anything new. But again, that's his right.

Having said all that - sorry, Robert, if I vented unfairly. Please continue, and I sincerely hope you get justice. And if there is something related to the forum that you can contribute, I would love to read it - you sound like a guy who could turn some of that passion toward positive stuff that would be interesting.
Travis posted 10 posts per day all pertaining to his hatred of PSA/JSA, and would NEVER satisfactorily answer a direct question...I don't think we need to run off a guy who has 15 total posts.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Travis posted 10 posts per day all pertaining to his hatred of PSA/JSA, and would NEVER satisfactorily answer a direct question...I don't think we need to run off a guy who has 15 total posts.
Do you really think that by suggesting he post about something other than Peter Nash, I'm trying to run him off?

And if that was my intent, do you think there's any chance at all that it would succeed?

(Both rhetorical questions, wrist-slap noted)
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Robert I'll take the Delehanty bat can I get an LOA from John Rogers?
Last year I spoke with Jerrold Casway, he wrote a book on Ed Delahanty and I emailed pictures of the bat to him. He told me the bat is 100% real and has no doubt about it. Mr. Casway said he was friendly with Peter Nash and would put a call into him and find out where he got it from. He spoke to Peter Nash and Peter Nash told him I refuse to answer any questions about Robert Fraser or the Ed Delahanty bat. Jerry Casway probably has the largest collection of Ed Delahanty memorabilia and he wrote the book, "Ed Delahanty in the Emerald Age of Baseball".
Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Last year I spoke with Jerrold Casway, he wrote a book on Ed Delahanty and I emailed pictures of the bat to him. He told me the bat is 100% real and has no doubt about it. Mr. Casway said he was friendly with Peter Nash and would put a call into him and find out where he got it from. He spoke to Peter Nash and Peter Nash told him I refuse to answer any questions about Robert Fraser or the Ed Delahanty bat. Jerry Casway probably has the largest collection of Ed Delahanty memorabilia and he wrote the book, "Ed Delahanty in the Emerald Age of Baseball".
This kind of stuff is truly the sad and disgusting part about Peter Nash. Very few people know as much about baseball as Nash the guy really is a wealth of knowledge. He also obtained thru research many real and amazing items that are part of our national pastime and our shared history.

However it’s clear Peter used his knowledge to create and sell/market questionable to downright fake items this is what disgusts me and should have everyone upset. Because of this we have an amazing item a Delahanty trophy bat which should be cherished and kept for the ages…that now is questionable due to the proximity of Nash and his known shenanigans. Peter instead of going down as an ex rap star and hobby icon will forever be the “Typhoid Mary” of baseball memorabilia.

One thing to fake some Ruth signatures and take some folks for cash, but to destroy and taint real hobby grails thru the games Peter has played for greed…is a tragedy and a betrayal of the game and the hobby.

To rub salt in the wound he’s made no attempt to fix, clear up or take responsibility for the mess. Instead he hides in cyberspace dragging anyone and everyone thru the mud guilty of anything that he himself has done or most likely done it’s truly shameful.

John
Old 01-31-2014, 01:54 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Do you really think that by suggesting he post about something other than Peter Nash, I'm trying to run him off?

And if that was my intent, do you think there's any chance at all that it would succeed?

(Both rhetorical questions, wrist-slap noted)
No, but I did think your first post claiming that Peter Nash "Owns" him was out of line. Not trying to slap your wrist or do any moderating at all, I find all of this fascinating and I don't want Robert to feel like he can't post about what has happened to him.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Jay that is a good question.

What a mess. Is there no limit to the sleaze in collecting? At long last have they no decency?
Sadly, apparently not.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 01-31-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Peter Spaeth

That question from the Army-McCarthy hearings -- have you no sense of deceny, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency? -- is a moment any lawyer would live for. I am very fortunate to have worked with (well, for would be more accurate) people who worked with Joseph Welch.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
No, but I did think your first post claiming that Peter Nash "Owns" him was out of line. Not trying to slap your wrist or do any moderating at all, I find all of this fascinating and I don't want Robert to feel like he can't post about what has happened to him.
Edited - TOTAL POST RE-WRITE

Okay, I get it. Just to be clear - I have read ALL of Robert's posts about Peter Nash. They indicated that Robert knows a lot about vintage baseball and has a lot of passion. I completely get the Nash thing - he screwed Robert, Robert hasn't gotten justice and some people are defending Nash as being some sort of hobby watchdog who writes great stories, which is of course bullshit. Robert's comments about the Delehanty bat made it clear that he knows stuff the rest of us don't know, and that we'd probably like to hear more about.

It would be more interesting to me personally, to hear the non-Nash stuff, but I understand that the train-wreckage is still on the track.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-31-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I didn't say not to post about Peter Nash - I suggested that he post about other things as well. You seem to be encouraging him to only post about Nash, and I think he's got more to add to this forum than to simply use it as a space to vent against Nash - that habit of his makes it look like Nash 'owns' him, and if he posted about other things I wouldn't have made the comment.
It would be great if all of our thousands of members with less than 15 posts would contribute more, but I just felt like your post was unnecessarily hostile, and I'd rather not chase off someone who has a lot to tell us about a situation that I'd like to learn more about.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide
Quote:
It would be great if all of our thousands of members with less than 15 posts would contribute more, but I just felt like your post was unnecessarily hostile, and I'd rather not chase off someone who has a lot to tell us about a situation that I'd like to learn more about.
"out of line", "unnecessarily hostile" - why Dan, those are the nicest things you've said to me in years. I'm moving away from the train-wreck before I get my wrists "not slapped" for a third time.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
"out of line", "unnecessarily hostile" - why Dan, those are the nicest things you've said to me in years. I'm moving away from the train-wreck before I get my wrists "not slapped" for a third time.
Eh, okay. But don't try to pass off your first post as really wanting to crack Robert's knowledge of the hobby. You weren't fooling anyone.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

On the Delehanty bat: If it is good, why not get the opinions of several of the authenticators out there and sell it with all of their certs? Seems simple enough...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
That question from the Army-McCarthy hearings -- have you no sense of deceny, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency? -- is a moment any lawyer would live for. I am very fortunate to have worked with (well, for would be more accurate) people who worked with Joseph Welch.
So that makes you the man who met the man who met Joseph Welch? Sort of like Al Bundy, the man who met the man who met Andy Griffith...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
So that makes you the man who met the man who met Joseph Welch? Sort of like Al Bundy, the man who met the man who met Andy Griffith...

Yeah I was only 4 when he died so no oppotunity to work with him directly.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
On the Delehanty bat: If it is good, why not get the opinions of several of the authenticators out there and sell it with all of their certs? Seems simple enough...
The problem is once they hear that it came from Peter Nash they want nothing to do with it. Let me give you an example, last year I consigned some items to Lelands Auctions. When they found out the stuff came from Peter Nash, Josh Evans called me cursing me out and threatening to report me to the FBI. I told him the FBI has already questioned me about this stuff and that I told the FBI that many of the items I have originally came from the Dooley family in Mass. Peter Nash acquired many items from Elizabeth Dooley and after she died Nash befriend old lady Katherine Dooley and acquired a huge amount of items from Katherine Dooley. Josh Evans went off on me telling me I’m a liar and that Nash never knew the Dooley family. When I told him I meet Katherine Dooley back in 2007 with Nash at her house he told me I was full of shit. But I was there when Nash and his crew was shooting the film “The Birth of Red Sox Nation”. I watched the old lady give Nash some stuff that came from McGreevy’s bar. I was so pissed off I called the Dooley’s attorney to help me get provenance on some of the collateral items I have. The law firm was very helpful and sent me some documents. The funny thing is Josh Evans lied to me saying he knew nothing about the Dooley family. The truth is this same law firm consigned Hugh Duffy’s gold pocket watch to Lelands Auctions which came from Katherine Dooley's Estate. I saw this same Hugh Duffy gold pocket watch in Katherine "Kitty" Dooley's living room in a glass case back in August of 2007. John Dooley, Kitty's father was best friends with Hugh Duffy and ended up with most of Hugh Duffy's personal items. Josh Evans knew full well that Hugh Duffy's pocket watch was from Katherine Dooley's estate. I have a copies of Lelands Auction's consignment papers and Lelands was clearly informed that the pocket watch came from Katherine Dooley's estate.

Last edited by Sunny; 02-01-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Josh Evans called me cursing me out and threatening to report me to the FBI. Josh Evans went off on me telling me I’m a liar and that Nash never knew the Dooley family. When I told him I meet Katherine Dooley back in 2007 with Nash at her house he told me I was full of shit. The funny thing is Josh Evans lied to me saying he knew nothing about the Dooley family.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! You got off easy!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:36 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Josh Evans called me cursing me out...
LOL, I'm with Jeff welcome to the club you must have caught him on a good day.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Banned

The quote feature rocks.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Eh, okay. But don't try to pass off your first post as really wanting to crack Robert's knowledge of the hobby. You weren't fooling anyone.
...and either are you, Dan, so roll those virtual eyes all you want.

You da boss, so knock yourself out.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
The quote feature rocks.
I agree.

BTW. .... .- -.. / -. --- / .. -.. . .- / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / .-- . .-. . / -.-. .-.. --- ... .

Last edited by wonkaticket; 01-31-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
I agree.

BTW. .... .- -.. / -. --- / .. -.. . .- / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / .-- . .-. . / -.-. .-.. --- ... .
I'm surprised as well.

-.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / -... . - - . .-. / -.-. ..- - / .. - / --- ..- - / --- .-. / .-- . / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- .-.. .-.. / --. . - / -... .- -. -. . -.. .-.-.-
Old 01-31-2014, 07:19 PM
Banned

Well, that ends that fun, too.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Well, that ends that fun, too.
Show some self respect and have an avatar.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Show some self respect and have an avatar.
Searching for a portrait of HughJass right now.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:45 PM
Dan Bretta

Hugh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hugh.jpg (17.7 KB, 727 views)
Old 02-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Peter- here is something I don't understand, and maybe you can explain it: if I rendered an opinion on an autograph, and I got it wrong (I called a bogus autograph genuine) I agree that I could have simply given an erroneous opinion.

But if you gave me a thousand bogus autographs to authenticate, and I said all thousand were genuine, isn't there a tipping point where nobody would believe me? Wouldn't it at some point become obvious that I was committing fraud?
Quote:
Barry, if nobody believed you then is it fraud? At that point your opinion wouldn't be material.

But where I think you meant to go is where I was going with this originally: that at some point there can be enough circumstantial evidence that a seller knows his opinion is false; and if a seller knows his opinion is false that's just as fraudulent as affirmatively stating the item is genuine.
The key element of fraud is proving that the person knew that the material representation he made was false. The big problem is that someone can designate themselves as an "expert" and rubberstamp everything as authentic and as long as that stuff sells, its a win-win situation for both the expert and the seller of the bogus items and why even try to do a competent job by rejecting items? That would be leaving good money on the table. All the expert has to do is be vigilant in believing and communicating what he is authenticating is real.

For something like that to be shut down it would take either an FBI sting like what happened in Operation Bullpen or have a network TV news magazine like 20/20, Dateline or 60 Minutes give them knowingly bad items expose the gross incompetence or fraud and essentially force them out of business.

I recall around 2004, PSA had a World Series of Grading contest at the National. An independent group should do the same with the grading companies of cards, autographs and memorabilia. If done properly it could bring a lot of them problems to light.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Question: when Rogers bought the PSA5 MC Wagner, if I am not mistaken, Doug was handling his phone bid at the live auction. Was that one Legendary owner dealing with another?
I was wondering this too, but if I remember correctly, that was Mastro Auction's last stand.
JimB
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
This is not a repeat I've added to my original post and I'm hoping Josh Evans the owner of Lelands Auctions reads this.

The problem is once they hear that it came from Peter Nash they want nothing to do with it. Let me give you an example, last year I consigned some items to Lelands Auctions. When they found out the stuff came from Peter Nash, Josh Evans called me cursing me out and threatening to report me to the FBI. I told him the FBI has already questioned me about this stuff and that I told the FBI that many of the items I have originally came from the Dooley family in Massachusetts. Peter Nash acquired many items from Elizabeth Dooley and after she died Nash befriended old lady Katherine "Kitty" Dooley and acquired a huge amount of items from Kitty Dooley. Josh Evans went off on me telling me I’m a liar and that Nash never knew anybody from the Dooley family. When I told him I meet Katherine Dooley back in 2007 with Nash at her house in Milton, MA he told me I was full of shit. But I was there when Nash and his crew was shooting the film “The Birth of Red Sox Nation”. I watched the old lady give Nash some stuff that came from McGreevy’s bar. I was so pissed off I called the Dooley’s attorney to help me get provenance on some of the collateral items I have. The law firm Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP was very helpful and sent me some documents. The funny thing is Josh Evans lied to me saying he knew nothing about the Dooley family. The truth is this same law firm consigned Hugh Duffy’s gold pocket watch to Lelands Auctions which came from Katherine Dooley's Estate. I saw this same Hugh Duffy gold pocket watch in Kitty Dooley's living room in a glass case back in August of 2007. John Dooley, Kitty's father was best friends with Hugh Duffy and ended up with most of Hugh Duffy's personal items. Josh Evans knew full well that Hugh Duffy's pocket watch was from Katherine Dooley's estate. I have a copy of Lelands Auction's consignment paper and Lelands was clearly informed that Duffy's pocket watch came from Katherine Dooley's estate. The Red Sox once a year gives out an award called the Elizabeth "Lib" Dooley Award, saluting the team's most loyal fan. See articles below about Elizabeth & Katherine Dooley.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/22/sp...gewanted=print

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...ine_m_doo.html

Last edited by Sunny; 02-02-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Dave

Perhaps Josh was pissed because he was afraid Nash would write several hit pieces on his auctions if he attempted to sell his collateral, in essence sabotaging several of his auctions in the process.

It may not always be a case of whether it's real or not, but whether or not you might get stuck in a legal entanglement, similar to what Robert Edward Auctions has gone through with Nash.

I could also picture Nash getting some sort of an injunction against the sale of his "collateral".
Old 02-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Alex

I am relatively new to collecting. What did Nash do? I know there has to be a great story behind all of this.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I am relatively new to collecting. What did Nash do? I know there has to be a great story behind all of this.
Here’s something to get you started an article from sports Illustrated about Peter Nash.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...us/12/09/nash/
Old 02-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Here’s something to get you started an article from sports Illustrated about Peter Nash.

That article has been discussed a while ago. This statement has become a hobby truism:

For all its many upstanding, passionate collectors, the baseball-memorabilia subculture is also a notoriously seedy shadowland of Mametesque schemers and dreamers, thick with forgeries and thefts, conflicts of interest, dubious "authenticators," shill bidding, card doctoring and any number of other dubious practices. "The hobby is mostly filled with low-life hucksters, some of whom grow up to own important auction houses," says a longtime collector of early baseball material. "You can count the number of people who are smart and educated and honest on one hand."
Old 02-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItWasAHobby View Post
That article has been discussed a while ago. This statement has become a hobby truism:

For all its many upstanding, passionate collectors, the baseball-memorabilia subculture is also a notoriously seedy shadowland of Mametesque schemers and dreamers, thick with forgeries and thefts, conflicts of interest, dubious "authenticators," shill bidding, card doctoring and any number of other dubious practices. "The hobby is mostly filled with low-life hucksters, some of whom grow up to own important auction houses," says a longtime collector of early baseball material. "You can count the number of people who are smart and educated and honest on one hand."
Dan those last two sentences might be a slight exaggeration but unfortunately it's closer to the truth than it should be.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 02-02-2014, 04:54 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Dan those last two sentences might be a slight exaggeration but unfortunately it's closer to the truth than it should be.
Sadly, I agree. So what we've got is a bunch of slime balls calling each other slimeballs, and us arguing about who is the biggest slimeball.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Alex

Quote:

Thanks for the link. Sounds like a dirtbag.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
Thanks for the link. Sounds like a dirtbag.
Sounds like a bunch of dirtbags.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Sounds like a bunch of dirtbags.
Who are the other members of the "bunch?"
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 02-02-2014, 07:31 PM
David Pierson
Banned

The thieves, liars, cheats, etc, mentioned in the previous 140 posts.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Plus, the odds of getting a jury that knows anything at all about autographs is not good...Mr Morales taking the stand with his "FBI background in forensics" would probably make the average jury member star struck.
A thread I did on Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...pears-in-court
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
A thread I did on Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...pears-in-court
Wow. Interesting article. Also, great name. I have the X-files poster up in my office.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 02-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

WTF...Jeff & the fine lawyers on Net54, do I have any "rights" to have this clown remove my photo from his site?

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=26290#more-26290
Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
WTF...Jeff & the fine lawyers on Net54, do I have any "rights" to have this clown remove my photo from his site?

Did you ask him to remove it and he's refusing?
Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

I'm checking here before I send a note.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Holy Cow, Chris, you got any more quaaludes? (jes teasin)
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post

How do you believe he obtained your photo?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Likely found it on my gmail or wife's Facebook account. I have asked him to remove it....no word yet.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
I know, right? I'm biting my nails waiting for that hard hitting piece of journalism to come forth.

PS where did Travis Roste go? Anyone seen him around?
yeah, Hero of the Stupid has been busy "pushing carts at a big box store" according to his website...figures... right where the hard headed ape belongs.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-03-2014 at 04:07 PM.