NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default ebay dispute question

Posted By: Cashews

how long do you usually wait to open an item not received dispute? i bought something from a seller and paid for it that night, march 23rd. i have sent him a ton of messages asking him if it has been shipped and when but the seller only says it was shipped and is not telling me when or how. i sent him one final message today and plan to wait 48 hours. if there is no response should i go ahead and open the dispute and make the paypal claim? guy has almost 2000 feedback so i did not anticipate this happening.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark T

if you paid right away there is NO reason for to wait that long to ship. He says he shipped it but when, i would file a claim now.

by the way, was it a high $ item? Was there insurance bought or a delivery confirmation added.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Administrator

not a high dollar item, just a hank aaron autographed baseball. i was charged 8 dollars for shipping so it had to be for insurance, otherwise i don't know where the 8 dollars went. besides i paid with paypal so i am protected.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

$8 in NO way means there was insurance added unless its stated in description ... but YES you are protected.

does he have decent feedback, has anyone stated in feedback that they did not receive any items?

Old 04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Administrator

99.6 percent feedback rating and over 1900 transactions. it took him about 4-5 days to respond to my question of whether the ball was shipped but he did not say when and it has been another few days since i asked him when and no response. sent him another message today.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Administrator

like he is avoiding you. File claim....he will have to respond to the claim. If he does not respond to claim its all that much better for you.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff

I'd file a claim with paypal - they will require a delivery confirmation number.....

Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

I'm having a similar problem to the orginal post.

I won an Ebay auction on 4/8 and paid right away. I hadn't heard anything from the shipper or seen the card as of yesterday so I sent him an email asking for any update. He sent me a reply within a few hours stating he had sent the card on 4/10 via USPS and provided me with a tracking number. He said it was tax season and that the mail had been slow. I tried tracking the number he gave me with www.usps.com but it doesn't show any information. The seller is a "Power Seller" with over 4000 feedbacks @ 99.6%.

How much longer would you wait? What would be your next move?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Personally I don't even worry about it until two weeks after the date I make payment (if it's Paypal - if it's a check I'll wait 3 weeks). Winning an item April 8 and emailing the seller about it when it's just barely a week after the transaction, to me, seems a bit premature. March 23, however, is a bit longer and it's acceptable to ask the seller what's going on.

In general, I'll send the seller a friendly note after two weeks, which usually does the trick. If I don't hear back, I'll send another note a few days later, perhaps a little more firm. When it starts getting close to 30 days, I'll file a dispute - but it almost never gets to that point.

On a similar note, though, I sold an item on eBay on MARCH 13. Yesterday, I discovered that I never shipped it - it was sitting in my briefcase. Thankfully the buyer is a friend, but it just proves that even with 100% feedback on 1200 transactions (or whatever I have), a seller will occasionally flake out.

-Al

Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

Thanks Al,

I don't want to come across like I'm impatient. Just wondering how long before you do get concerned.

So far I have had nothing but great success dealing with sellers on Ebay and the B/S/T. So I am much more inclined to give the benifit of the doubt rather than be skeptical.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

eBay's not fraud-proof by any means, and we've all got valid reasons to complain about it, but at the end of the day, it's a very efficient market with a very, very low percentage of problems.

At least in cards.

-Al

Old 04-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Tim,

I'm not the expert on this, so maybe Rick McQuillan will weigh in, but...

when using USPS, the number we all refer to as a "tracking number" is usually a "delivery confirmation number".

The difference being that USPS does NOT scan it into their system every step of the way. They scan it at receipt and at delivery. It's not designed to show you where the package is while it's intransit. It's designed to show the shipper that it has been delivered. It can also function to show the buyer that it has been shipped.

I'd wait another week before panic sets in.