NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 10-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Scot

Default 1948-52 Exhibit W468 Black and White

I was given about 15-20 cards. Not a football card collector. All of the cards are in VG-EX to EX condition but some cards have obviously been trimmed. There are some HOF'ers in the bunch including Sammy Baugh, Y. A. Tittle and Otto Graham.

Where were these cards sold or how could you get them when issued? I can't find anything out about their history.

Are they worth grading even if trimmed?

Any advice, help or input would be appreciated.

Thanks
RM4

Successful Transactions: t206hound, LukeLyon, Sebie43, Bocabirdman, tuckr1, Jimivintage, shorttmail66, jcc6252
Old 10-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofman4 View Post
I was given about 15-20 cards. Not a football card collector. All of the cards are in VG-EX to EX condition but some cards have obviously been trimmed. There are some HOF'ers in the bunch including Sammy Baugh, Y. A. Tittle and Otto Graham.

Where were these cards sold or how could you get them when issued? I can't find anything out about their history.

Are they worth grading even if trimmed?

Any advice, help or input would be appreciated.

Thanks
RM4
These were produced by Exhibit Supply Company (ESCO) and distributed in vending machines. They are very common and now worth much with the exception of a few stars and some short prints. At least one grading company grades them but I personally don't think its worth the $$$ unless you are doing it only to protect the card from damage.

jeff
Old 10-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Scot

Default Jeff

Thanks for the information.

Successful Transactions: t206hound, LukeLyon, Sebie43, Bocabirdman, tuckr1, Jimivintage, shorttmail66, jcc6252
Old 10-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Chris Counts

There are a quite a few short prints in the set that command decent prices. There are a number of sellers on eBay asking hundreds of dollars for a single card of a relatively obscure player like Herm Wedemeyer. Also, from what I recall, Tittle is tougher than Baugh and Graham.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:38 PM

In addition to the short prints, there are also several color tone variations(yellow, blue, green, red/pink, sepia), post card back versions, thin paperstock vending machine display sample versions, and a Sports Champions version that are rarer and can carry a nice premium.

Here's 5 different versions of the Baugh:
https://www.collectredskins.com/Card...ards/i-rhMdxrh
(Charlie Justice shown is a short print.)

I've seen a postcard back version and a yellow variation of Baugh that I never owned.

If your Baugh is a variation not shown in the above, I'd be interested in it even if it's trimmed.

Here are some better yellow, blue, green, and pink/(red) variation examples in the current BST Fall auction:
https://www.bst-auctions.com/lot-3730.aspx

Last edited by obiwin; 10-12-2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: fixed some typos and added more info and links for reference.