NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 09-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Jeff P

Default Vintage Football Community - New Board

Hi all,

First, thanks for Leon for allowing me to post this message on Net54!

------

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to fellow football collectors to make you aware of a new collectors community I'm starting. For a long time I've been thinking about starting a football only forum where hard core football collectors can congregate and share. I feel now is the time to create one.

Vintage Football Community (VFC) is a community of football card and memorabilia collectors who enjoy each others company and want to talk about the hobby in a relaxed, stress free environment. It is an invitation only community so we can talk privately about issues and challenges in our hobby while also sharing our collections. Because I want this to be a COMMUNITY in more than name only, there is a posting requirement - but I've taken a different twist on it. Each member will be required to START a thread each month in which they share knowledge about a particular set, memorabilia item, player, team, etc from their personal collection. Videos, re-purposed blogs, podcast posts / discussions, etc. will count as long as knowledge and images are shared. Other than this, you can post as often or infrequently as you wish. Attaboys, welcome messages, social discussions, current football talk, etc. are all encouraged but don't count toward the goal of sharing knowledge.

Beyond posting, I expect members to have the utmost respect for one another and will not tolerate disrespectful discussions or comments toward members. We are not children.

If you're interested in learning more, email me directly and I can answer your questions. I know some of you may not want to commit to starting a thread each month and I can respect that. But I will be sticking to my plan to require new monthly threads as each member needs to actively participate for VFC to truly be a community! No lurking is allowed, as a thriving community is one in which everyone helps make it successful. As the Amish say "many hands make light work".

Contact me at jefferyepayne@gmail.com if interested and willing to abide by our posting rule.

Best regards,

Jeff Payne
Old 09-03-2018, 11:11 AM
ThreadKiller

Default Vintage Football Community - New Board

PM sent...thanks.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Jeff P

Have gotten a few emails from Net54 members but not many. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

jeff
Old 09-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Jeff P

Last bump for VFC. If you love football cards and memorabilia, you'll love this community!

jeff
Old 09-09-2018, 06:00 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Very much in agreement, Jeff. It is a fun place. Football collectors would love it! A ton of knowledge there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Very much in agreement, Jeff. It is a fun place. Football collectors would love it! A ton of knowledge there.
Thanks Robert! It is great to have you involved.

A few members here have expressed concern about the posting requirement so thought I'd address it for everyone.

There are a couple of reason why there is a posting requirement.

1. The football community is fairly small as compared to baseball and I feel a football board can survive and thrive only if everybody helps create content. Otherwise the board will be a ghost town and won't make it.

2. Every collector has knowledge to share ... whether they even realize it or not! My vision is a community where sharing is the norm and everybody gives as well as gets. Of course some members with lots and lots of knowledge will share more and that is perfectly fine! Come and learn as you post.

If you are interested but are concerned about the posting requirement, PM me and we can discuss what you collect and how we can make it work. I'm confident that most anyone who collects football avidly and is willing to share, won't have a problem meeting this requirements. I can help if you have difficulty posting images too!

jeff
Old 09-09-2018, 12:30 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I want to echo this. Compared to others involved at VFC, I am somewhat of a small fish. I collect mainly 1960s, though I do have my eyes on 1950s and 1970s. There are other like minded collectors there. There is also a substantial pre-war presence that I am learning from. The same can be said for modern collectors as well. There may not be as many modern collectors there yet, but there have been discussions about modern issues. I have learned from them also. There is room for all types of collectors. Get with Jeff and come check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Thanks Robert! It is great to have you involved.

A few members here have expressed concern about the posting requirement so thought I'd address it for everyone.

There are a couple of reason why there is a posting requirement.

1. The football community is fairly small as compared to baseball and I feel a football board can survive and thrive only if everybody helps create content. Otherwise the board will be a ghost town and won't make it.

2. Every collector has knowledge to share ... whether they even realize it or not! My vision is a community where sharing is the norm and everybody gives as well as gets. Of course some members with lots and lots of knowledge will share more and that is perfectly fine! Come and learn as you post.

If you are interested but are concerned about the posting requirement, PM me and we can discuss what you collect and how we can make it work. I'm confident that most anyone who collects football avidly and is willing to share, won't have a problem meeting this requirements. I can help if you have difficulty posting images too!

jeff
Old 09-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Brian "Tony" Levinson

Hey can you guys recommend site for new football collector? --(No collecting from 1975-2017 --just started up again recently --so I'm about as ignorant as can be . . .

Buying or trading for lesser condition Butterfingers

Always looking for raw lesser condition vintage baseball and football --small or large lots.

Member of Old Baseball Cards
Old 09-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Jeff P

Check out The Hobby Cave and Vintage Football Cards on facebook. They are both great sites with the Cave focusing on showing off cards while Vintage Football Cards is mostly a Buy/Sell/Trade site with lots of eye candy for sale.

Good luck and glad you are going after football now!

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 09-14-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:24 AM
Brian "Tony" Levinson

Thanks for the response! Will check out

Buying or trading for lesser condition Butterfingers

Always looking for raw lesser condition vintage baseball and football --small or large lots.

Member of Old Baseball Cards
Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Jeff P

Just bumping this thread to give everybody an update.

Vintage Football Community has grown to nearly 80 members in the past 9 months but we are looking for more! The amount of football knowledge and content is incredible and if you are totally into football card / memorabilia collecting and/or research into the early days of american football, you will absolutely love this site.

Recently I reduced the posting requirement from having to start a brand new thread each month to sharing something in your collection or something that is going on in the hobby to encourage more participation for the community.

If anybody is interested in learning more and becoming a member, PM me and I can fill you in.

jeff
Old 06-29-2019, 10:03 AM
Ken Marks

Default VFC is awesome

I joined as a member of VFC a few weeks after its inception. And I was invited as I was unaware of its existence. It was a great move. My focus on football is pretty narrow these days in terms of what I collect. Principally stuff that I collected as a kid back in the 60s. But I have found the expertise and material viewed on the site is simply outstanding. So many things I did not know even existed. Amazing. And it is just not cards. There is just tons of all sorts of memorabilia that is shared. A must to consider for any football collector.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmarks View Post
I joined as a member of VFC a few weeks after its inception. And I was invited as I was unaware of its existence. It was a great move. My focus on football is pretty narrow these days in terms of what I collect. Principally stuff that I collected as a kid back in the 60s. But I have found the expertise and material viewed on the site is simply outstanding. So many things I did not know even existed. Amazing. And it is just not cards. There is just tons of all sorts of memorabilia that is shared. A must to consider for any football collector.
Thanks Ken! I appreciate the feedback and so happy your are a VFC member. It IS the mecca of football cards, memorabilia, research, community, etc. and I'm so excited to see where it goes.

Most definitely looking for others who just love to talk football and discuss the hobby so PM me if interested in learning more about VFC.

jeff
Old 07-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Jeff

Default Vfc

Great community, incredible knowledge base and no drama.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 07-23-2019, 11:08 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Great community, incredible knowledge base and no drama.
+1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 02:36 PM
Jeff P

Thanks Jeff and Robert! Glad you are enjoying VFC. And yes, no drama. Just a community of collectors enjoying the hobby and helping each other find stuff for their collections.

jeff
Old 09-03-2019, 06:45 PM
psu

email sent
Old 09-05-2019, 12:23 PM

I'm not going to lie, I like to lurk.
I also have a very narrow focus of what I collect. SD/LA Chargers player cards. ALL players. So I have been doing a lot of research into EVERY player ever signed by the team. Not sure I have enough knowledge to share BUT, as I said, I like to lurk.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:43 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy View Post
I'm not going to lie, I like to lurk.
I also have a very narrow focus of what I collect. SD/LA Chargers player cards. ALL players. So I have been doing a lot of research into EVERY player ever signed by the team. Not sure I have enough knowledge to share BUT, as I said, I like to lurk.
Narrow focus isn't a problem on VFC. We have plenty of collectors who are very focused. But lurking is. I call it a 'community' for a reason. Everybody pitches in and helps in a true community. For a hobby board that means everybody posts, everybody encourages others, everybody shares, everybody participates.

You don't need to do that every day but most definitely every month.

But I think the information and knowledge on VFC is worth every second you spend sharing so its all good!

More than happy to discuss more!

jeff
Old 09-06-2019, 01:21 PM

How about a trial basis? You can boot me if I don't hold up my end.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Hi all,

------

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to fellow football collectors to make you aware of a new collectors community I'm starting. For a long time I've been thinking about starting a football only forum where hard core football collectors can congregate and share. I feel now is the time to create one.

Vintage Football Community (VFC) is a community of football card and memorabilia collectors who enjoy each others company and want to talk about the hobby in a relaxed, stress free environment. It is an invitation only community so we can talk privately about issues and challenges in our hobby while also sharing our collections. Because I want this to be a COMMUNITY in more than name only, there is a posting requirement - but I've taken a different twist on it. Each member will be required to START a thread each month in which they share knowledge about a particular set, memorabilia item, player, team, etc from their personal collection. Videos, re-purposed blogs, podcast posts / discussions, etc. will count as long as knowledge and images are shared. Other than this, you can post as often or infrequently as you wish. Attaboys, welcome messages, social discussions, current football talk, etc. are all encouraged but don't count toward the goal of sharing knowledge.

Beyond posting, I expect members to have the utmost respect for one another and will not tolerate disrespectful discussions or comments toward members. We are not children.

If you're interested in learning more, email me directly and I can answer your questions. I know some of you may not want to commit to starting a thread each month and I can respect that. But I will be sticking to my plan to require new monthly threads as each member needs to actively participate for VFC to truly be a community! No lurking is allowed, as a thriving community is one in which everyone helps make it successful. As the Amish say "many hands make light work".

Contact me at jefferyepayne@gmail.com if interested and willing to abide by our posting rule.

Best regards,

Jeff Payne

If anybody is remotely even thinking about joining VFC...I urge you to give it a try. It is unbelievable in the things you get to see, learn and share! No drama to boot! Give Jeff a shout if you want to get involved in the greatest football forum going!
Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Jeff P

Thanks Mike! It is a labor of love and am really happy with the quality of discussion AND willingness of everybody to share their hobby items frequently.

jeff
Old 09-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Abe Kulynych

I've got to agree with Mike, if you collect football VFC has quickly become the best place on the internet for interaction, research and networking.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid4hof03 View Post
I've got to agree with Mike, if you collect football VFC has quickly become the best place on the internet for interaction, research and networking.
Thanks for the shout out, too, Abe! Love your stuff and am glad you are a member there.

jeff
Old 12-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Marc

I'm just bumping this because I've encouraged a few others to look into joining and was hoping to get this topic it to the top. Lots of good stuff on the VFC.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:17 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
I'm just bumping this because I've encouraged a few others to look into joining and was hoping to get this topic it to the top. Lots of good stuff on the VFC.
Thanks Marc! VFC is really rolling after 15 months and I couldn't be happier with the amount of interaction and content on the site. We are averaging around 60 new threads started each month so lots of interesting topics and information is showing up every day.

Just a great bunch of football collectors focused on the hobby while being respectful of each other.

jeff
Old 12-15-2019, 06:35 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Thanks Marc! VFC is really rolling after 15 months and I couldn't be happier with the amount of interaction and content on the site. We are averaging around 60 new threads started each month so lots of interesting topics and information is showing up every day.

Just a great bunch of football collectors focused on the hobby while being respectful of each other.

jeff
Added a B/S/T section to the site this past month too. Our second annual Secret Football Santa is underway and our first Fantasy Football Season is in playoff model right now.

Lots of great stuff going on on VFC.

jeff
Old 08-27-2020, 04:46 AM
Jeff P

Vintage Football Community (VFC) just had its second birthday and we are going strong with 100+ members who talk football cards and memorabilia all day long.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone new to Net54 is a hard core football hobbyist that would like more info on joining VFC as it is a private board. If so, PM me and I can give you the specifics.

jeff
Old 08-27-2020, 09:51 AM
Andrew Mc.Gann

As a VFC member, I can attest to the fact that Jeff has helped to assemble a wonderful community of knowledgable, passionate and respectful football card enthusiasts! No drama - just fun sports card and sport talk. Imagine that! If you're a football card guy (or gal), I highly recommend VFC.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:55 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrotn77 View Post
As a VFC member, I can attest to the fact that Jeff has helped to assemble a wonderful community of knowledgable, passionate and respectful football card enthusiasts! No drama - just fun sports card and sport talk. Imagine that! If you're a football card guy (or gal), I highly recommend VFC.
Thanks Andy! It is a great group of collectors.

jeff
Old 03-27-2021, 06:12 AM
Jeff P

Vintage Football Community (VFC) just passed its 2 1/2 year anniversary and we are going strong with close to 125 members who talk football cards and memorabilia all day long. Do lots of fun stuff as well like secret santa, fantasy football, super bowl pools, playoff predictions, football quizzes, member get togethers (when COVID allows!), etc.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone new to Net54 is a hard core football hobbyist that would like more info on joining VFC as it is a private board. If so, PM me and I can give you the specifics or look at earlier posts in this thread for our general rules.

jeff
Old 05-22-2021, 04:30 AM
Ne@l K

If you are a true football collector, or beginner wanting to learn more, this board is fantastic. Jeff is great, as are the members

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 05-22-2021, 09:56 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
If you are a true football collector, or beginner wanting to learn more, this board is fantastic. Jeff is great, as are the members
Thanks for the bump Neal! Always looking for those who enjoy the football aspects of our hobby to come on board as new members. We cover all era of football and collecting from 1869 to the present day. Cards, memorabilia, photos, programs, tickets, awards, advertisements, art, etc. If it has something to do with football, someone on VFC is into it!

jeff
Old 05-31-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the bump Neal! Always looking for those who enjoy the football aspects of our hobby to come on board as new members. We cover all era of football and collecting from 1869 to the present day. Cards, memorabilia, photos, programs, tickets, awards, advertisements, art, etc. If it has something to do with football, someone on VFC is into it!

jeff
Hi Jeff:
Great idea. I would like to join but I have a problem scanning - don't have the capability to do so. If that is a requsite I guess I am left out. I have a lot of FB that me and my son could contribute but... What do you think ?
Thanks and take care.
sealmark
Old 05-31-2021, 06:08 PM
Curt

I collected a little bit of everything growing up, when I was first introduced to cards. Eventually, I settled on baseball predominately, like many. Not ever sure why. My interest in the games were mostly through the cards anyway. I would catch games here and there in baseball, football and basketball. Can't say I have ever watched a hockey game from start to finish.

Ebay made collecting easier in many regards, but harder in some. Budget minded collectors have so much to choose from, but in the end, only so much to spend. Unlike a shop, where I might look through all the cases, I don't find my self actively seeking out most non-baseball items, but I do have a deeper interest in the oddball, especially local team stuff from when I was a kid (Seahawks, Sonics, Mariners). Things like 7up cards, Team issued fan mail postcards, Nalley boxes, Fred Meyer photos, B&W 5x7 and 8x10 early team issued player photos). Sometimes something will just catch my eye and I will want it. Some of the stuff off the top of my head outside of the Seahawks that i really enjoy with football are vintage cards signed (70s -80s are where I know the most about the players), Hi-C posters, vintage Raiders & Vikings, Slim Jim Discs, Sugar Daddy cards.

I would probably enjoy seeing threads and images, but not sure I would have much to share. Most of my football pick-ups these days are fairly few and far between. I should focus more on the signatures though, to catch up with baseball!
Old 05-31-2021, 07:40 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmark View Post
Hi Jeff:
Great idea. I would like to join but I have a problem scanning - don't have the capability to do so. If that is a requsite I guess I am left out. I have a lot of FB that me and my son could contribute but... What do you think ?
Thanks and take care.
sealmark
Hi Sealmark,

Do you have a cellphone with a camera? VFC supports taking photos and uploading them onto the site right from your phone if that helps. I tried to find some forum software to use for VFC that would make posting pictures as easy as possible.

jeff
Old 05-31-2021, 07:44 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I collected a little bit of everything growing up, when I was first introduced to cards. Eventually, I settled on baseball predominately, like many. Not ever sure why. My interest in the games were mostly through the cards anyway. I would catch games here and there in baseball, football and basketball. Can't say I have ever watched a hockey game from start to finish.

Ebay made collecting easier in many regards, but harder in some. Budget minded collectors have so much to choose from, but in the end, only so much to spend. Unlike a shop, where I might look through all the cases, I don't find my self actively seeking out most non-baseball items, but I do have a deeper interest in the oddball, especially local team stuff from when I was a kid (Seahawks, Sonics, Mariners). Things like 7up cards, Team issued fan mail postcards, Nalley boxes, Fred Meyer photos, B&W 5x7 and 8x10 early team issued player photos). Sometimes something will just catch my eye and I will want it. Some of the stuff off the top of my head outside of the Seahawks that i really enjoy with football are vintage cards signed (70s -80s are where I know the most about the players), Hi-C posters, vintage Raiders & Vikings, Slim Jim Discs, Sugar Daddy cards.

I would probably enjoy seeing threads and images, but not sure I would have much to share. Most of my football pick-ups these days are fairly few and far between. I should focus more on the signatures though, to catch up with baseball!
Great info, Curt, and sounds like you have some great stuff and would have plenty to share. We don't just share new pickups but talk about lots of sets, players, teams, leagues, etc from all eras so your current items would fit right in.

jeff
Old 06-08-2021, 12:41 PM
Joe

For any collectors that are think of joining you’d be joining a great bunch of guys with a wealth of knowledge. I highly recommend it if you’re into vintage or just a football collector.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:08 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
For any collectors that are think of joining you’d be joining a great bunch of guys with a wealth of knowledge. I highly recommend it if you’re into vintage or just a football collector.
Thanks Joe! Yes, looking for more hobbyists who enjoy the football aspects of the hobby. Whether its cards, memorabilia, etc. its all good and welcome. Also all eras. Interesting in including those who do research into football history or blog on football or do anything interesting in the football hobby.

We are building a great group of hobbyists who love to talk all things football and hope some more from Net54 will join.

jeff
Old 12-12-2023, 06:27 PM
James

Quote:
Hi all,

------

Hi all,

Best regards,

Jeff Payne
I dont know if my emails are going to spam but I've tried reaching out to you for the VFC password twice and have yet to get a reply. I would like to join

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collec...wnscollector78
Old 12-17-2023, 01:41 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownscollector78 View Post
I dont know if my emails are going to spam but I've tried reaching out to you for the VFC password twice and have yet to get a reply. I would like to join
Have heard from a few members here letting me know brownscollector78 reached out here. Don't worry all! I was talking to him through email and he's back on VFC.

jeff
Old 02-18-2024, 11:36 AM
Nathan Marleau

Would love the password for this, but my account on here was signed up on from an email I no longer have. I will have to be reached here however possible. Thanks
Old 02-18-2024, 04:53 PM
Jeff P

Hi Nathan.

I sent you a PM about this.

jeff