NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Scanner question

Ok so I have been trying to scan baseball magazines and world series programs but my Epson V19 is simply too small 8.5X11. Are there any scanners that are affordable which you guys use that has a bigger flat surface? Thanks!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:58 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Ok so I have been trying to scan baseball magazines and world series programs but my Epson V19 is simply too small 8.5X11. Are there any scanners that are affordable which you guys use that has a bigger flat surface? Thanks!
I have a Mustek A3 1200S that does well for up to 11x17 as long as the item is flat (CIS element, so does not do well with items with "depth").

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 05-15-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:36 AM
Doug Goodman

delete

Last edited by doug.goodman; 10-31-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:18 AM
Jason Presley

If you can get them to lay flat, you might try something like this stand and just use your phone to take pictures:

Fopydo SmartStand for Mobile Phones

I got one to take photos of old newspapers when I happen to be at a library where they don't have microfilm, but only have the old, bound hard copies. Worked pretty well.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Thanks a lot guys!!! I am looking into them now.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
If you can get them to lay flat, you might try something like this stand and just use your phone to take pictures:

Fopydo SmartStand for Mobile Phones

I got one to take photos of old newspapers when I happen to be at a library where they don't have microfilm, but only have the old, bound hard copies. Worked pretty well.
That thing looks kind of cool. It's certainly cheaper than a flatbed scanner, takes up less space, and is more mobile.

Doug
Old 05-17-2017, 06:44 AM
Jason Presley

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
That thing looks kind of cool. It's certainly cheaper than a flatbed scanner, takes up less space, and is more mobile.

Doug
After using it the first time I used it, I also dropped a few bucks on a remote shutter control for my phone, as a few times tapping the screen to take a picture caused it to shake a bit too much. But overall, it worked very well.