NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2017, 05:20 PM
Tony

Default Here is an intresting concept

Rather than wasting our time and efforts on Battlefield; (should rephrase the negative got me thinking)

I would like to hear some positive things that you like about certain ebay sellers and if you repeat buy from them. I am trying to boost my business and I figured I'd learn from the best. You don't have to disclose their name {if you think they are an undiscovered gem} but I am curious what some sellers do that sets them apart from others. Doesn't matter graded or raw, vintage or modern or memorabilia or stamps for all that matter. This is not intended to be a criticism of anyone, {but if you had a bad experience you can share that too} but rather what the better sellers do to earn your business and why if you repeat buy from them. Curious minds want to know.

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 05-22-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I don't think discussing Battlefield is a waste of time. If you do, no problem. The fact she is still getting so many negatives means things aren't quite hunky dory over there so I see no reason not to continue to point bad ebay stuff out. That said, if anyone lists a seller then they will need their name by their post per the rules. If it is a generic thing that is being talked about, such as "I always go with sellers with free shipping", then no name needed of course. As a trait I like, I like big, clear scans of front and back of the items I am bidding on. A return policy is fine but not necessary with big scans.... Happy collecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Rather than wasting our time and efforts on Battlefield; (should rephrase the negative got me thinking)

I would like to hear some positive things that you like about certain ebay sellers and if you repeat buy from them. I am trying to boost my business and I figured I'd learn from the best. You don't have to disclose their name {if you think they are an undiscovered gem} but I am curious what some sellers do that sets them apart from others. Doesn't matter graded or raw, vintage or modern or memorabilia or stamps for all that matter. This is not intended to be a criticism of anyone, {but if you had a bad experience you can share that too} but rather what the better sellers do to earn your business and why if you repeat buy from them. Curious minds want to know.

Last edited by Leon; 05-23-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:39 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I purchase from many different people but 90% of the time, it's from one of ten different sellers. Many that are members here. What keeps me going to them is they usually have a pretty good amount of new items weekly. Most are in auction format so I usually bid but can't win them all. Others list cards I need but in a Buy It Now format. I usually just add it to my watch list and that's where it stays unless there is a price drop or I'm just in the need to buy something. The only other advice I can add is, large crisp clear front and back scans. Me being a T206 collector, the back details are more important than the front.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 05-22-2017, 05:52 PM
Ben North

Not pre war but I have bought/sold/traded 100's of cards with this guy over several years. If you are looking for 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken variations, 61 Topps, or some mid 90's Mickey Mantle special edition cards and he has them I can guarantee you will not find a better guy to work with. I see he does't have much listed now but it is worth checking out his stuff on occasion.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Fleer-B...cAAOSwtGlZBmxT

I don't collect much memorabilia/autographs but almost everything I have came from fellow member quinnsryche. Have had nothing but great experiences buying from Tony.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:19 PM

Back scans are a must, and preferably with zoom enabled. This is especially important for cards that come with different factory numbers. Free shipping helps, but at the very least I like to see discounts on multiple lots. I prefer auctions, but will go for a BIN as long at it is reasonable.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 05-22-2017, 08:49 PM

As others have said, clear front and back scans. I also appreciate a description that, even in a small way, specifically reflects what's being sold.

Nothing more comical than a pricey listing with 1 grainy picture and a "I'm selling the card in the picture" description.

I think mentioning that you ship quickly after payment, and what the buyer can expect for packaging, probably doesn't hurt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Sean Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Not pre war but I have bought/sold/traded 100's of cards with this guy over several years. If you are looking for 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken variations, 61 Topps, or some mid 90's Mickey Mantle special edition cards and he has them I can guarantee you will not find a better guy to work with. I see he does't have much listed now but it is worth checking out his stuff on occasion.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Fleer-B...cAAOSwtGlZBmxT
+1