NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Default Mickey mantle uda autographed baseball

I recently purchased a Mickey Mantle autographed baseball from cabcollectibles. It came with a jsa letter of authentication and certified by upper deck. I contacted jsa and they have the ball on file. I also contacted upper deck authentication and they let me register the ball in my name. My question is does that mean anything in today's age with jsa under investigation? I have posted the picture if the ball with hopes people will be able to tell if the ball is real or fake. Hope to hear some expert opinions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (63.3 KB, 353 views)
Old 05-13-2016, 04:09 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I think it's OK, but you posted this in the wrong section. There is a separate autograph section on the board. Perhaps Leon can move it for you. You'd probably get more opinions that way.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 05-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Ruben

Not sure what the name registering does, but the autograph looks good to me.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:14 PM
qu@n nguy3n

if you still have doubt about a mantle ball with jsa, and UDA authentication...and are here asking for opinions, then you shouldn't be collecting autographs.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:28 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I'm no Mantle signature expert, but UDA autographs are (were, in the case of Mantle) done in person-- so if UDA says it is an authentic UDA signature, that's as good as it gets. UDA Mantles are always in high demand and get due premium. If it's a genuine UDA ball, a LOA from someone else would almost be redundant.

Last edited by drcy; 05-13-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Christopher Williams

It's a beautifully autographed Mickey Mantle baseball with an awesome inscription.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
if you still have doubt about a mantle ball with jsa, and UDA authentication...and are here asking for opinions, then you shouldn't be collecting autographs.
Mickey mantle is one of the most forged signatures in baseball. Jsa has authenticated items that were not even close to being real. So has psa. If you do research on the people in the company most have not the best of backgrounds. I posted on here hoping for a mickey mantle expert to see, not someone who believes a piece of paper with an authentication sticker that any Tom dick or Harry could print at home is real. Thanks again for your unhelpful comment
Old 05-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I think it's OK, but you posted this in the wrong section. There is a separate autograph section on the board. Perhaps Leon can move it for you. You'd probably get more opinions that way.
full time job moving threads lately......
Old 05-13-2016, 04:50 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
full time job moving threads lately......
Is there a way for us to do it ourselves?

Old 05-13-2016, 05:20 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

I believe that the forum rules require the poster to
identify himself now that he has been critical of JSA
and PSA and the "backgrounds" of their employees.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
I believe that the forum rules require the poster to
identify himself now that he has been critical of JSA
and PSA and the "backgrounds" of their employees.
+1
Old 05-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

My name is posted on here and I am critical of the both psa and jsa.
The autograph as Chris said is perfect.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:04 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladge34 View Post
Mickey mantle is one of the most forged signatures in baseball. Jsa has authenticated items that were not even close to being real. So has psa. If you do research on the people in the company most have not the best of backgrounds. I posted on here hoping for a mickey mantle expert to see, not someone who believes a piece of paper with an authentication sticker that any Tom dick or Harry could print at home is real. Thanks again for your unhelpful comment
calm down there chief. psa/jsa would not be in business if they can't get mantle, dimaggio, and williams right. admittedly alot of people (myself included) are unsure of mantle, but as david said UDA is/was an in-person sitdown witness autograph setting so their COA is pretty airtight.

to come here and asking for re-affirmation of a mantle ball with JSA and UDA just shows that 1. you don't know the sig and 2. you're ignorant of the authentication process...dangerous combo if you're in this hobby.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Thumbs down

I was not being critical of them. I just stated facts that are available online. I'm not looking for controversy or trying to give them a bad name. I believe there work is to help collectors. I am actually going to have psa authenticate it and grade it. What I was looking for was help with this mickey mantle ball. I hope someone with some expertise in this area will response to my thread. Thanks
Old 05-13-2016, 06:49 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Sladge,
As you are new to Net54, you may not realize many, who I would consider experts, have already responded to your thread. They have not only given you their opinion that it's real, they have also explained to you that being that UDA is an in person certification, the provenance of your item is impeccable. I am not sure what else you expect.
I am also not sure why you would spend more money to have a third third party give you an authentication, especially in light of UDA being one of them. Lastly grading balls, IMHO, is worthless as balls can degrade even in a sealed cube, so a grade 10 ball now might be a 7 or 8 in 20yrs regardless. Perhaps, if you plan to sell it right away, then the grade might get you a higher sale price from a buyer who cares about the status symbol of the grade number. I assure you that most educated collectors can tell the grade of your ball without needing PSA to tell them.

Lastly, one of the few rules on this board is that if you voice a negative opinion about an individual or business, you must have your name either under your id or in your post. Referring to JSA's failings, even if reported on the internet is still a negative opinion. This rule is in place to make sure people think before the write something and feel they can hide behind the internet. I am equally critical of the TPAs and have posted my name to such posts many times of the years. It's good to be skeptical. Nothing wrong with asking questions.
Good luck collecting,
Mark

Last edited by Lordstan; 05-13-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Thank you lordstan. That was an extremely helpful post. I am in no means an expert on autographs and most of my collection comes from me actually getting there autographs. I bought this ball after doing hours of research that is available to the public about mickey mantle autographs. By the end I felt comfortable enough judging his tendencies such as one fluid pressure, and stop and starting points of his letters in his name. The ball came certified by jsa and was confirmed by uda before I bought it, one of the reasons I picked this ball, because I trusted their opinion. I spent 900 on this and wanted some opinions about the ball. Maybe someone knows more than me, Who knows... and what I said was not an opinion, the federal court made this clear to the public, it's not like I made this up myself. It's a fact, not opinion!
Old 05-13-2016, 07:29 PM
D@vid L@dd

Quote:
Thank you lordstan. That was an extremely helpful post. I am in no means an expert on autographs and most of my collection comes from me actually getting there autographs. I bought this ball after doing hours of research that is available to the public about mickey mantle autographs. By the end I felt comfortable enough judging his tendencies such as one fluid pressure, and stop and starting points of his letters in his name. The ball came certified by jsa and was confirmed by uda before I bought it, one of the reasons I picked this ball, because I trusted their opinion. I spent 900 on this and wanted some opinions about the ball. Maybe someone knows more than me, Who knows... and what I said was not an opinion, the federal court made this clear to the public, it's not like I made this up myself. It's a fact, not opinion!
Why would you spend $900 and THEN ask opinions??? Why on earth would you pay to certify it AGAIN when UDA is probably the most legit certification on the market???

Last edited by EldoEsq; 05-13-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
If you come on the board, you may want to consider opening your ears and closing you mouth on matters you clearly know very little about. You obviously are looking for and bought a very nice item, but you could learn quite a bit by reading through some of the hundreds of previous threads involving Mickey Mantle or Upper Deck authenticated. You are correct that you should always judge the item and not the paperwork. You said you came here looking for expert opinions, you have received many. Now would be a good time to just say thanks and move on. You will find many opinions on JSA and PSA/DNA, but they generally always get it right on guys like Mantle. Lastly, paying for PSA/DNA at this point is ridiculous as most people are willing to spend significantly more on Upper Deck authentication. Keep the paperwork with it and keep it out of direct light. Good luck in your collecting. Jason
Old 05-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

What a bunch of crap. Most of you came on here the same way not knowing anything. Now you are experts. Eskimo you have authenticated more stuff that was bad than anyone on this site.
Take a deep breath. He is new but you do not have to jump down his throat.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Thank you for everyone's reply, I was not expecting this much feedback so quick. Some of you were very helpful and some were quite rude. Yes,this is my first big autograph purchase and I did not just click and buy the first baseball I saw and that was nice looking. I did alot of research and actually used some of the threads on here to determine real vs. fake autographs. I am very new and have alot of questions about the industry. It seems people on this site mostly know one another and are here to protect the industry, so why is everyone so upset when someone brings up this subject. I had a 99% assurance the ball was real before I came on here, I posted the picture for more feedback and want to thank everyone for there positive feedback. Thanks Marc S.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Michael I.

Welcome to the world of autograph collecting!!!!! It is a great hobby and there are alot of people here who are very knowledgeable. I have been collecting for 40 years and am still nowhere close to being an expert. I still have Shelly look at every Mantle I think about buying. And while 900 is alot for a real Mantle I find spending a little extra on an auto to have it authenticated in front of a in person authenticator (UDA or Stiener) helps me feel a little better about my purchase.....Nice ball display it proudly (in a UV rated cube) you did great!!! and for future reference if Shelly says you can take it to the bank its golden!!!

Quote:
Thank you for everyone's reply, I was not expecting this much feedback so quick. Some of you were very helpful and some were quite rude. Yes,this is my first big autograph purchase and I did not just click and buy the first baseball I saw and that was nice looking. I did alot of research and actually used some of the threads on here to determine real vs. fake autographs. I am very new and have alot of questions about the industry. It seems people on this site mostly know one another and are here to protect the industry, so why is everyone so upset when someone brings up this subject. I had a 99% assurance the ball was real before I came on here, I posted the picture for more feedback and want to thank everyone for there positive feedback. Thanks Marc S.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
What a bunch of crap. Most of you came on here the same way not knowing anything. Now you are experts. Eskimo you have authenticated more stuff that was bad than anyone on this site.
Take a deep breath. He is new but you do not have to jump down his throat.
I don't "authenticate" stuff Shelly. I give an opinion. I don't get paid. I didn't get my "education" on here or from you. I have my own opinions and I am not afraid to give it. I have been buying and selling memorabilia for over 30 years. If you disagree that's one thing, but I am not a forger or a thief at this time or anytime in my past. I have a loud mouth sometimes, but I am not either of those. You may be riding the high horse right now, but you may want to STFU.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Amen.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
calm down there chief. psa/jsa would not be in business if they can't get mantle, dimaggio, and williams right. admittedly alot of people (myself included) are unsure of mantle, but as david said UDA is/was an in-person sitdown witness autograph setting so their COA is pretty airtight.

to come here and asking for re-affirmation of a mantle ball with JSA and UDA just shows that 1. you don't know the sig and 2. you're ignorant of the authentication process...dangerous combo if you're in this hobby.
Well said Chad, you'll always have a couple in every crowd if you know what I mean......and I know you do know what I mean!

Peace, Mike
Old 05-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Marc....

Quote:
Let me put you totally at ease. If you EVER are interested in selling this item, PM me. I will always have interest in it. No issues. Thanks and welcome to the site.

Peace, Mike
Old 05-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

So I bought this ball a little over a month ago. I started looking for this type of ball about 2 months ago. At first I knew nothing about mickey mantle autographs. Every night I was doing a little more research than the past night. Now I'm fully submerged and overwhelmed with what has been going on in the industry for the past 20 some years. I find it unbelievable that these greedy guys flooded there own market with fakes. And when i say flooded, they made it pour for 25+ years counting. Finding out some key players are on this site from operation bullpen does not suprise me. Honest people like myself who had nothing to do with this scam are paying the price today. They basically dismantled any trust people had in autographs. Good job guys! All trying to make a quick buck, didn't one stop to realize that collecting is a long term money maker. I guess not, I hope that short supply of money and jail time was worth it. Values of autographs would have skyrocketed by today without all these fakes. It's a shame people can't wait to cash in, instead it's easier to get a fake coa and fake sig and try to sell it to a sucker
Old 05-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Well said Chad, you'll always have a couple in every crowd if you know what I mean......and I know you do know what I mean!

Peace, Mike
Lol it's funny because you guys are probably the ones with the fake coas tryna make a buck or two... Like I said, I'm new but learning quick.... Why do you think I put this ball on this site, not for any Tom dick or Harry, mostly because I did alot of research on shelly. And found him here.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I don't "authenticate" stuff Shelly. I give an opinion. I don't get paid. I didn't get my "education" on here or from you. I have my own opinions and I am not afraid to give it. I have been buying and selling memorabilia for over 30 years. If you disagree that's one thing, but I am not a forger or a thief at this time or anytime in my past. I have a loud mouth sometimes, but I am not either of those. You may be riding the high horse right now, but you may want to STFU.
Take a poll your opinion vs mine. Want to bet how wins.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

By the way Eskimo, I wish you had a new come backthat has not been used over the last fifteen years.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

So let me ask this question to anyone who is following. Obviously some guys are under contract with different companies who offer autographs, but who are some of the best collectors to buy from? I actually bought my ball from cab Collectibles. I know he had the Walter Johnson issue but that was more a jsa issue. He was really helpful and sounded more like a fan than a buyer. Any comments?
Old 05-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Chris

Deleted. Not wasting my time.

Last edited by Bestdj777; 05-15-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:43 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Huh?

Quote:
Lol it's funny because you guys are probably the ones with the fake coas tryna make a buck or two... Like I said, I'm new but learning quick.... Why do you think I put this ball on this site, not for any Tom dick or Harry, mostly because I did alot of research on shelly. And found him here.
That is laughable. When I responded to Chad, I was thinking he was talking about another poster on this thread, not you. I apologize if I offended you but I totally understood your post and thought it was fine to ask opinions on here. I was not impressed with some of the other board member responses but yours were fine to a point.

When you start accusing people on here of pretty serious and despicable offenses, you really need to have your facts in order and in this case, you really have no idea what you are accusing me, or Chad or anyone else on here of. The straight accusation is not true and I am deeply offended by it.

If you look at post #24, I actually sided with you and told you that I would be interested in your baseball anytime. I typically overpay for things I like (its a bad trait) and I really liked your baseball.

I retract my offer in light of your comments, but hey welcome to this great site again!

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 05-15-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Hey I in no means was referring to you in this post. I accidentally just posted under your comment. Most people on here do not even post there names. The you guys refers to the illegitimate items being sold by knowing dealers. Which happens and will happen. I have no idea who you are or what business you run therefore I couldn't accuse you of anything. I don't even know you.. Sorry for any unconvience or if I offended you.

Quote:
That is laughable. When I responded to Chad, I was thinking he was talking about another poster on this thread, not you. I apologize if I offended you but I totally understood your post and thought it was fine to ask opinions on here. I was not impressed with some of the other board member responses but yours were fine to a point.

When you start accusing people on here of pretty serious and despicable offenses, you really need to have your facts in order and in this case, you really have no idea what you are accusing me, or Chad or anyone else on here of. The straight accusation is not true and I am deeply offended by it.

If you look at post #24, I actually sided with you and told you that I would be interested in your baseball anytime. I typically overpay for things I like (its a bad trait) and I really liked your baseball.

I retract my offer in light of your comments, but hey welcome to this great site again!

Peace, Mike
Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Accepted....

Quote:
Hey I in no means was referring to you in this post. I accidentally just posted under your comment. Most people on here do not even post there names. The you guys refers to the illegitimate items being sold by knowing dealers. Which happens and will happen. I have no idea who you are or what business you run therefore I couldn't accuse you of anything. I don't even know you.. Sorry for any unconvience or if I offended you.
Apology accepted, I still really do like the Mantle ball. Its very nice!

Peace, Mike
Old 05-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Thanks, yea I couldn't find a nicer one with the no.7 inscribed that uda could actually authenticate... Seems they lost some files or something along those lines. Sorry to say this ball won't be for sale anytime soon, it's going next to the ford and joe d ball I have... Onwards and upwards to Gehrig Ruth Munson and Maris... Hopefully the industry cleans up and unites as one. I'm new but it doesn't make since to have all sorts of people authenticating stuff... There needs to be a board of legite autograph gurus band and finally stand up for buyers like me.

Quote:
Apology accepted, I still really do like the Mantle ball. Its very nice!

Peace, Mike
Old 05-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Brendan Mullen

Most people on here don't even post their names??

I would respectfully 100% agree. That very thing (posting of the names) is what makes this site so great.

Last edited by Bpm0014; 05-16-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Take a poll your opinion vs mine. Want to bet how wins.
Shelly,
I think it's funny that you feel the need to blast me when in my reply, I gave you a compliment. I told the OP that he was given "expert opinions" one of which was yours. At least one more was Chris. At no time did I say my opinion was an expert opinion. I do know quite a bit about autographs and buy quite a bit. I could care less what anyone on this site thinks of my opinion. They are asking for free advice generally. I do know one thing, I don't sell forgeries, steal from people, or have first hand knowledge and experience in dismantling the entire autograph hobby at this time or in the past. You may have turned a new leaf and have the respect of many people on this board who I respect, but to me you are nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing. Once again, STFU
Old 05-16-2016, 03:39 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

I am in no means defending what shelly did in the past. But we all know some sort of crooks, whether it's taking an extra mint at a restaurant or stealing millions of dollars from the unknowing public. I'm not condoning what was done, but he's just the one that got caught. I'd put a poll that most dealers, prob 8-10, would not throw away a fake auto they paid more than $200 on. The problem is once these fakes are identified, there not destroyed by psa or jsa or the FBI... I'm only a beginner but can spot at least 20 fake mantles on eBay. Wtf where is someone policing this! From what I can dig up it sounds like the FBI is going to be making another round or two at this problem. I'm actually reallly glad I started looking for a mantle ball because I see a golden opportunity to unite all collectors and destroy all the fakes and make this business boom again with legite autographs of the publics favorite sports figures... There's no more room for crooked people in this business
Old 05-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Thoughts on this ball? The a looks like the classic u shape and the m's look like bananas?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-...885?nav=SEARCH
Old 05-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Or this ball?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-...254?nav=SEARCH
Old 05-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Christopher Williams

Both of those Mantle autographed baseballs are authentic.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Def a fake no?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-...235?nav=SEARCH
Old 05-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Christopher Williams

Obvious forgery.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

[QUOTE=Duluth Eskimo;1539969]Shelly,
I think it's funny that you feel the need to blast me when in my reply, I gave you a compliment. I told the OP that he was given "expert opinions" one of which was yours. At least one more was Chris. At no time did I say my opinion was an expert opinion. I do know quite a bit about autographs and buy quite a bit. I could care less what anyone on this site thinks of my opinion. They are asking for free advice generally. I do know one thing, I don't sell forgeries, steal from people, or have first hand knowledge and experience in dismantling the entire autograph hobby at this time or in the past. You may have turned a new leaf and have the respect of many people on this board who I respect, but to me you are nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing. Once again, STFU[/QUOTE

In the last fifteen years have taken down thousands of pieces off of ebay. I have saved people on this site thousands of dollars. .
Show me anywhere in the past fifteen years that I have done anything but try and protect this hobby unlike yourself.
So give it a rest.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:26 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
I agree with Chris. The top two links look good to me. This one above is absolutely fake. A classic banana Mantle.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:49 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Shelly,
You're one hell of a guy. Maybe all the thousands of people you swindled money from in the past by pushing out forged items that are probably still being sold numerous times over would want to chime in. They probably won't because the items pushed out were sold to unsuspecting collectors who probably still don't know what was stolen from them. I would like you to find one person that could provide one instance where I did not attempt to protect the hobby.

Obviously your time in federal prison did nothing for your ego and know it all attitude. This seems to be the common sentiment amongst "senior" people in this hobby. I know more than you, go lay by your dish. I bet you didn't have such a smart attitude when you had to sit in that chair and profer about all the thousands of forgeries you and your cohorts were pushing out in to the hobby. Or maybe in that same interview where you threw all your partners under the bus to save yourself more prison time. I bet your fine did not go to any of the victims in your case. Just more innocent people suffering from all the good deeds you have done since you saw the light. It's always funny to see how people see the light once the door get slammed on their dick.

What I do know is that all these underhanded dealers and auction houses are starting to get a little dose of their own medicine. Maybe some day we can actually get back to a hobby instead of a fleecing of sheep.

Keep on talking, the facts speak louder than words.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Michael I.

Last edited by w7imel; 05-19-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Geez, I take a year off and I'd swear I never left. LOL