NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-13-2014, 05:45 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

James,

The way I interpret Keith's post is that "screwing with" Jose is a waste of time...just go above his head...
Old 02-13-2014, 07:10 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
James,

The way I interpret Keith's post is that "screwing with" Jose is a waste of time...just go above his head...
It's not that easy. The guy isn't even with that same department. The below info was from October.

They replace Officer Mark Warrington and Officer Jose Tijero who have been assigned to specialty assignments at the Sheriff's Office.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 02-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

So???
Old 02-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Belltown Vintage

FYI - any time you feel you have been screwed, call the police department in the town where the culprit lives. My experience has been that the police ALWAYS check on it, and you always then get your item. I have done this twice, and the results were: 1) got a refund 2) got the item. Why some people jack around so long when they actually have the item, is beyond me, but...

CALL THE POLICE. Before I did this the first time, I was told that the police simply don't want their town associated with scammers, and it's easy enough for them to ferret out the ferret.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:09 PM
John T.
Joh.n Ta.ng

What address did you mail the check to?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I can't believe it would be that hard to track down a Sheriff. Jose certainly has some issues and I almost guarantee if someone gets to the person in charge of him or his precinct, they will help. The next letter could be to the mayor of the city he is in and/or the newspaper. These kinds of stories are of public interest sometimes.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

I seriously doubt it is a cop to begin with.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Chris Wood

Not sure why there is hesitation? Heck, I would email/call/Facebook his wife/mother/rabbi if I thought it would get his attention and have him conclude our transaction.

Last edited by baseball tourist; 02-26-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-26-2014, 06:55 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I have yet to receive my items from Jose and have learned that he is no longer employed with the police department. I placed a call to them and they simply gave me a "we'll look into it", but he is no longer employed here.
He did send something, but it never made it to me and seemed to be labeled wrong and is now sitting at a post office in Oakland (getting weirder and weirder).
USPS: 9114901159815812247792

According to the documents below that coincide with the address that I sent the check to, it looks like Jose filed for bankruptcy back in October...
<a href="https://www.canb.uscourts.gov/files/11-13.Uncontested.pdf" target="_blank">https://www.canb.uscourts.gov/files/...ncontested.pdf</a>

I have been reluctant to post in the forum because the police station is no help and the post office is even less help.

Just wanted to update you on the situation. If there is anyone in the post office available to help, please let me know.
James
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 PM
keith janosky

I agree with you Chris. According to the original post 2 months ago he said he paid on Dec 12th. That is almost 3 months ago. To me 3 weeks would be long enough. I hope Jim gets it resolved

Last edited by keithsky; 02-26-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
J@son.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
He did send something, but it never made it to me and seemed to be labeled wrong and is now sitting at a post office in Oakland (getting weirder and weirder).
USPS: 9114901159815812247792
It looks like whatever that package is/was, it was sent to IN and is now being re-routed to you (I'm assuming in the east bay area)? I wonder if it just took this long to get to you since it was sent to the wrong address but still may get there.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by djson1 View Post
It looks like whatever that package is/was, it was sent to IN and is now being re-routed to you (I'm assuming in the east bay area)? I wonder if it just took this long to get to you since it was sent to the wrong address but still may get there.
Hello Jason,

I am in Indiana. It was sent from "Jose" in California to me in Indiana, but it never made it to my house. It showed as "delivered" at the post office, but was never delivered to my house. I contacted the post office and was told they would research it, but then it showed as "return to sender"...so I assume it was sent back to "Jose", but has been sitting in Oakland since the 22nd.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:18 PM

Default JimStinson

I was able to find a photo of this individual Hope this helps, so at least NOW we know what he looks like and was lucky enough to get one of him actually holding the cards as evidence , we'll call this "exhibit A"

Vintage Autographs for Sale Daily
stinsonsports.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fields.jpg (9.0 KB, 829 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 PM

What ended up happening with all of this? It looks like he has posted them for sale on craigslist now.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/4487892775.html
Old 05-28-2014, 09:09 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

package never received. Post office scanned it as delivered, then changed that status. It has been sitting in a postage center in Oakland since February 22nd. My local post office has attempted to contact the post office in Oakland to inquire about the item and have it re-sent, but they have been unsuccessful. They had me fill out a "Mail Recovery Form". I have chalked it up as a lost cause, but will be sure to reach out to this poster on Craigslist and see what I can discover there.

If anyone has any pull at the PO and can help, it would be appreciated.
USPS Tracking: 9114901159815812247792

USPS Response:
James,
Your Mail Recovery form has been received by the MRC search team and they will contact you via email with any updates. This is not a fast process but usually if you are going to hear anything it would be between 6 weeks and 3 months.

Angela D Hunsucker, SCS
Greenwood Post Office
407 W Smith Valley Rd
Greenwood, In 46142

Old 05-28-2014, 01:05 PM

James

There a couple of another options ( assuming the cards are in the package)

1) Have you tried calling the Oakland Postmaster directly ?

2) I have had some success filling out a online customer request on USPS

3) You could file a request for help with the US Postal Commission

4) It is an election year, you could try a quick note to your US Rep asking for help with USPS

T
Old 05-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

So which is it: There is a box of old newspapers sitting in the Oakland Post Office, or the Paytons are in there and this craigslist person is selling cards he doesn't have?
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 AM
George Leidemer

Default I believe he is also...

Selling on eBay himself or thru a buddy under the is us_caine. It's all the same cards he used to peddle on the bst (hoak, Payton, bob moose..etc$
Old 06-04-2014, 09:23 AM
David Linardy

Default Us_caine

Yes, and note not a single feedback from the sale of a product (all purchases)
Old 06-08-2014, 11:03 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I will update everyone that after reaching out multiple times to the craigslist posting that it looks like Jose is posting to, I received a package in the mail yesterday that included 6 signed Water Payton cards, a signed Jerry Rice card, a signed Deion Sanders card, and a signed Bo Jackson card.

This is not what I originally agreed to purchase from him, but at least he sent something. I wanted to make sure I updated you guys on the situation. I will post a photo later.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:29 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Here's a photo of the cards sent...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (74.5 KB, 643 views)

Old 06-08-2014, 05:31 PM
kirk welch

Quote:
Here's a photo of the cards sent...
SO even if they are all bad it is better than getting nothing?
Old 06-08-2014, 07:46 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by khw View Post
SO even if they are all bad it is better than getting nothing?
Are you saying they are all bad? Here's a close up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (76.2 KB, 597 views)

Old 06-08-2014, 08:21 PM
kirk welch

Quote:
Are you saying they are all bad? Here's a close up.
all bad partner , i have the files he tried to sell me the same guys last week if anybody wants the scans, they are popping up on ebay now. always the same guys , the paytons were for sale at 25.00 each , they are good fakes , always has a few bo jacksons , kirby puckett , then sprinkle in a ken boyer , bob moose, mike miley , and you have to have a 1963 ken hubbs , last batch all were certed by sgc and maybe 2 jsa , psa/dna knows about him and wont cert them anymore , i think it has been pretty well established he sells fake autographs of the same guys over and over but he did have a fake jordan and campy not certed this time
Old 06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
kirk welch

1968 topps ray oyler signed/sgc
1955 topps don hoak signed/sgc
1961 topps al cocotte signed/sgc
1961 fleer joe medwick signed/sgc
1975-2 topps bob moose signed/sgc
1970 topps bob moose signed/sgc
1969 topps bob moose signed/sgc
1974 -2 topps don wilson signed/sgc
1974 topps bob moose signed jsa loa
1976 topps mike miley signed jsa loa

sgc and jsa duped

uncerted all bad

2 1968 topps ken boyer signed
1963 topps ken hubbs signed
1968 topps curt flood signed
4 walter payton signed topps cards from show signing
1948 exhibit roy campanella signed
5 1987 topps bo jackson signed
1993 skybox jordan signed
1959 topps jim gilliam signed
Old 06-08-2014, 08:29 PM
kirk welch

not sure how to get a image to upload from my hardrive i still have all of them

Last edited by khw; 06-08-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
kirk welch

http://www.ebay.com/sch/us_caine/m.h...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

all of it being parted out on ebay now with the list i posted you can keep score with whats coming up

Last edited by khw; 06-08-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by khw View Post
not sure how to get a image to upload from my hardrive i still have all of them
Yeah. His pitch is the "Walter Payton card show" his father did a while back and he has tons of inventory. I assumed the deal as lost, but when he actually sent something, I wanted to make sure to post. Just more evidence in this long and winding case.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

The fact that he sent something to you might have something to do with me contacting his department and sending his supervisor a long two page email regarding his exploits. I explained if I (and James) do not get a resolution I would be forwarding my complaint to his Sheriff, the California Attorney General's office, and the US Attorney's office in their district. I have not heard back from his supervisor so I will forward my complaint on. By him actually sending something, I assume he knows of my complaint.

Just for correct info, Jose is a deputy sheriff who works for Napa County Sheriff's Office outside of San Francisco California.

James and Kirk, please do me a favor and keep your mailings, photos, and correspondence with this thief in case someone will actually deal with the situation. Jason
Old 08-03-2014, 11:08 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Default 710 Gil Hodges

Jose tried to sell me 6 diff 75 Topps Moose as well as a 71T Gil Hodges. All bad.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this guy please let me know. As some may know I am a NJ
Attorney and former prosecutor. In the 80s and 90s I used to write for several magazines
And consulted on several Krause Annuals.
It's time to stop these forgers.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:59 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Default Comments and how to do something about this guy

Anyone who has been defrauded should contact
http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/Divi...alAffairs.aspx

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/Divi...Procedure.aspx

You can post responsive comments to this guys actions here:

http://napavalleyregister.com/eagle/...a4bcf887a.html
Old 08-04-2014, 01:01 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Default Filing a lawsuit

If anyone wants to file a lawsuit, I would suggest you do it through small claims against Mr. Tijero and against the San Bernadino County Sheriff's dept. He has represented to several people that he is a San BErnadino Sheriff (which he is) and thus they should be made a party. Obviously they have no liability but I can assure you that if they are named they will pay attention to this guys actions.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanesq View Post
If anyone wants to file a lawsuit, I would suggest you do it through small claims against Mr. Tijero and against the San Bernadino County Sheriff's dept. He has represented to several people that he is a San BErnadino Sheriff (which he is) and thus they should be made a party. Obviously they have no liability but I can assure you that if they are named they will pay attention to this guys actions.
Per the rules of this forum, if you will be commenting on actual people, you need to put in your real name.

Jeff G@rf!nke!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanesq View Post
Jose tried to sell me 6 diff 75 Topps Moose as well as a 71T Gil Hodges. All bad.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this guy please let me know. As some may know I am a NJ
Attorney and former prosecutor. In the 80s and 90s I used to write for several magazines
And consulted on several Krause Annuals.
It's time to stop these forgers.
I have spoke with some others and used there info along with mine when I reached out to San Bernadino SO. I was told there was not an Internal Affairs unit and I was referred to his direct supervisor. I sent the supervisor a long email regarding some of what has occurred and invited him to search himself. I also gave him a timeline to get back to me before I reached out to the Sheriff of San Bernardino along with the State State Attorney office as well as the US Attorney in the San Francisco area. That time came and went, but I have been so busy I have been unable to follow up in the last few weeks. It does need to stop so I am on board with any legal action. Jason
Old 05-24-2016, 08:56 AM

I wanted to make everyone aware that Jose Tijero has resurfaced on eBay under the username "us_caine," though I did not know of his illustrious reputation until I came upon this (and other) threads on the board after the fact.

I purchased a raw 1964 Topps Tony Conigliaro autographed card from him last month, and promptly sent it to PSA. PSA deemed the autograph to be of "questionable authenticity." Jose was very combative and uncooperative throughout the return/resolution process, and I ended up having to get a refund from eBay directly (as the eCheck refund he issued was declined from his bank).

Jose recently sold many scarce raw autographed gum cards from this account, including a Tim Horton and a Hank Thompson, so if you happened to be the buyer of one of these cards, you might want to send it out for authentication/take a second look at it.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Just wanted to post that us_caine is still at it; he posted a forged Howie Fox earlier today.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:45 PM
George Leidemer

Default He is selling thousands of $$ in fakes every month on Ebay

He continues to get some rare names past the big authenticators.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:49 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIDEMEG View Post
He continues to get some rare names past the big authenticators.
If he says he got the signed cards from somebodies collection that died, how do you prove he knew they are fakes..
Old 08-09-2016, 09:51 PM
George Leidemer

Default Link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282123547986
Old 08-09-2016, 09:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIDEMEG View Post
100% positive feedback
Old 08-09-2016, 10:05 PM
George Leidemer

Default Just changes his sales description

He's been doing it for years. Some are from his collection, the next month it's acquired from a large purchase. All the rare, hard to find names.. Howie Fox, Murray Wall, the list goes on and on and on.He follows current completed sales then forges the signatures. He will still get anything from 20% to 60% of value of the real ones. Now he changed his location to San Francisco. I just wish someone had the pull with eBay to stop it. I emailed eBay but nothing happens
Old 08-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

He says he is not Jose, but admitted he used to sell items for Jose. Don't know if it is him or not, but I find it interested that some of the crap is getting by SGC. Come on man. I know they sneak it in larger groups of stuff that is probably authentic, but all of the bad stuff just doesn't look right immediately. I have to admit he /they have gotten better on their forgeries. I complimented him, he did not like that. We exchanged a couple of emails.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:56 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

This is the same guy who is a cop?