NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro- Lionel Carter Video .....next please

Posted By: leonl

The person I sent the Lionel Carter dvd video to is done and would like to know if anyone else is interested in seeing it? He can send it to you and then we can go from there.....regards

Old 06-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leonl

We have the next person in line.......after that we can go from there....thanks much
leon

Old 06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Turner Engle

I also have a copy that I am done with if anybody needs it. Feel free to email me and I will get it out in the mail.

Turner

Old 06-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I have mine sitting on my desk still in unused mint condition...is it worth looking at?

Old 06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

It's Doug, Bill M., and Lionel talking about the hobby. Do you like the hobby? If so then you will probably like the film.....It might not get an Oscar but I personally enjoy listening to the grandfathers of our hobby. Lionel is definitley one of them and Bill is not chopped liver either......also there's a guest appearance by Dave Forman.....I enjoyed it but I am sure, just like anything else, some won't.....Give it a look and let us know....regards

Old 06-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator

I'll look at it over the weekend...I was hoping to get it slabbed a 10, that's why I haven't taken it out of the sleeve yet.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mr. moses

whom I hope is still alive and well. His name was Bill Nielson. Mostly cards of any kind and marbles. Top notch guy with a top notch collection. What made his approach interesting is that he liked to have at least two of everything so he could show the front and back. Barry you could get an extra copy from someone on the board - encapsulate both - now you have the ever impressive 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 known - you get to show both sides in a display for when friends come over to see your "stuff". SGC may even make private labels designating from the "Sloate" collection.
I must confess that I actually do have a box in the closet with all the pens, mouse pads, CD's and whatever from the big auction houses. There's an autographed Halper catalog that Barry signed, the Leland's Babe Ruth baseball, and all sorts of other junk. Today we collect all the crap that was saved by whomever for whatever reason long ago. 100 years or so later some of it is actually worth something. I don't kid myself into thinking this crap will ever be worth much if anything. I anticipate that it will be interesting to me in 10 years to look at and wonder why I never threw it out. I'll think it worth maybe a dollar or two in a box lot and decide I can't throw it away and it's not enough money to sell. So I'll put it back in the closet for another 10 years. Yesh. Grounhog day all over again. Truth is that I just can't help myself.....

Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

My favorite part of the Carter DVD is when Irma Carter rolls her eyes the first time Lionel mentions Bill Mastro's name. It is classic! Watch it again and pay particular attention to her eye roll and expression

Old 06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

wow tbob...is that a "heaven help us" look or what?
pete in mn

Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Leslie Westbrook

I know I'm quite new to this board, but I'm very interested in watching this dvd. If anyone is willing to trust me to send it back (which I will certainly do), then please drop me an email and I'll give you my address.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

barry- send the DVD to GAI, i hear they slab anything!

p.s. i'm in L.A. this weekend, going to have dinner with anthony nex (griffins) tonight in hollywood...

when are we having our steak dinner?

my boss says morton's is horrible, i really want to try Luger's...

Old 06-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Luger's we have to plan well in advance...and we can't have everybody dropping out at the last minute. Logistically, it's difficult.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

right. Morton's indeed does suck. Luger's (as long as it's the Brooklyn one) is great. There are a couple better in NYC proper but the steak for two just great. I think if you go on a Thursday - they make fried onions for LUNCH - that you can order that night for dinner with your steak. Start with a Kaluha and cream, the onion rolls with AAA butter, beefsteak tomato salad, steak for two rare with the homefries (and onions , and finish it with chocolate cake with a double order of schlag (heavy whipped cream). Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.......

Old 06-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

We are totally different in how we collect, but you sir....gastronomically speaking, if I may be so bold as to say, are my identical TWIN!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: David Davis

If you want good steak and scotch in New York, as well as some memorabilia to view, go to Keen's on 36th St off of 6th Avenue. Great steak (I recommend ordering the prime rib hash if you sit at the bar), 150 different single malt scotches, and the world's largest collection of clay pipes. In addition, they have pipes signed by Babe Ruth, Teddy Roosevelt, and many other famous dignitaries, celebrities, and sports icons, going back almost 100 years. In addition, it's generally an older crowd so it is not very noisy.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Henry- as you pointed out, Luger's is not stingy with the schlag- they bring about a gallon of it to your table. It goes great on that hot pecan pie!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Administrator

I think mine will be on the way to another board member,Zach R, in the next day or two. Shoot me an email with your shipping address and in a week or so you will have it....I think it's just being sent to Zach now....regards

Old 06-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator

man do I miss NY sometimes..... In any event, I happen to have two copies Happy to send one to anyone what needs one. Just email me. Oh yeah - you can keep it.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Turner Engle

Edited to say- My DVD has been mailed out to Rob.

thanks

Turner

Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

i need zach's adress!

pete ullman

Old 06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Check your email...I copied you on it yesterday. LMK if you don't see it....you might check your spam folder....take care