NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-17-2016, 07:40 AM

Default Questions about the NBA

1. Is the NBA comish a space alien?

2. If Harrison Barnes threw a dirty mouthpiece, would he play game 7?

3. Is there still an on-going debate over best team: Warriors this year or the 70 win Bulls team? (Think it has been settled)
Old 06-17-2016, 01:10 PM
H Murphy

Default Nba

The best team, I`d take my chances with the "86" Celtics in a 7 game series against any team in NBA history. Just my 2 cents. As far as a suspension for Curry, don`t think it reached that level and besides this series and the league has already raised a few eye brows.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:38 PM
pariah1107

This NBA Finals has been a total sham. The suspension of Draymond Green in Game 5, and the blatantly one-sided officiating in Game 6 that got Curry in early foul trouble and an inevitable ejection. Defamed NBA referee Tim Donahue would be proud of the way Commissioner Adam Silver and his cronies are handling the action to force a Game 7. Series should have been over in 5, but they obviously want the $$$ a Game 7 will generate. Six pathetic, non-competitive games because the outcome has been pre-determined, might as well play the Globe Trotters.

As for best team in NBA history, the Warriors will never be in the class of the 1980's Lakers or Celtics, and certainly not the 1995-96 Bulls. I'd compare them to the early 1980's 76ers franchise, or the Bad Boys. They have been entertaining to watch this season, and are far better 2 thru 12 than the Cavs (with the exception of Lebron).

Last edited by pariah1107; 06-17-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:21 PM
qu@n nguy3n

c'mon ty you're better than this...don't be the tin-foil hat guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah1107 View Post
This NBA Finals has been a total sham. The suspension of Draymond Green in Game 5, and the blatantly one-sided officiating in Game 6 that got Curry in early foul trouble and an inevitable ejection. Defamed NBA referee Tim Donahue would be proud of the way Commissioner Adam Silver and his cronies are handling the action to force a Game 7. Series should have been over in 5, but they obviously want the $$$ a Game 7 will generate. Six pathetic, non-competitive games because the outcome has been pre-determined, might as well play the Globe Trotters.

As for best team in NBA history, the Warriors will never be in the class of the 1980's Lakers or Celtics, and certainly not the 1995-96 Bulls. I'd compare them to the early 1980's 76ers franchise, or the Bad Boys. They have been entertaining to watch this season, and are far better 2 thru 12 than the Cavs (with the exception of Lebron).
Old 06-17-2016, 02:43 PM
pariah1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
c'mon ty you're better than this...don't be the tin-foil hat guy.
LOL. You're right Quan, I've been looking for rabbit ears to attach to my tin foil hat. "I call them like I see them", and am only advocating to let the players decide it on the floor. The NBA is certainly not the only professional sport to manipulate outcomes, but IMO this has been shameful.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:10 PM

Default Jeez already

I love NBA basketball. More constant action than other sports, the incredible all around athleticism of arguably the greatest all around athletes, great TV sport, colorful commentary, it's FAN-tastic. I grew up near LA and had luck to follow Kareem, Magic and Showtime (my folks Jerry West/Chamberlain etc.). Now out of Portland I take my kid to Blazers Fan Fest and games - it's in my blood. But I have to say the league uppers and officiating leave me frustrated this Finals. Come on, enough with the favoritism, rules are rules- for all...all the time. The holding of Warriors players by Cleveland and the Ticky tack fouls for some and not others is getting out of hand. I just want to see fairness - both to Golden State and to Cleveland both. Too bad, mild bummer.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

I can't go so far as to call a fix, but the Warriors have sure looked lackluster in the last two losses.

Greatest team ever, maybe it's nostalgia but I don't think so. Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls, Jabbar/Magic/Worthy Lakers, Bird/Parish/McHale/Walton/DJ Celtics all were better in my book.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-17-2016 at 05:24 PM.