NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Default Buy/Sell/Trade thread

Posted By: Elliot

Let's start a new thread on Sunday. Whoever starts the thread please copy and paste my disclaimer regarding transactions that may or may not be concluded as a result of the thread.

thanks,

Elliot

Old 03-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I just want to play like a lawyer on Elliot's behalf......so to EVERYONE on this board..

***..ALL transactions are done at your own peril. The Network 54 folks, nor Elliot, guarantee any transaction, in any way, for any reason. ALL TRANSACTIONS are done under the premise of caveat emptor. (if it's good for ebay it must be good here)...***

BTW, I will entertain offers on the dupes I have of a Dogshead tobacco pack in gd and a full SF Hess Creole pack in nrmt and full....otherwise, I will put them on ebay or sell them at the National.....also have some HOF T332's in pretty nice shape I might be selling.... regards all.....

Old 03-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brueso

I've got some T206 commons for sale on Ebay that may interest those writing here recently that are just getting started on collecting. There is a Cycle, an American Beauty, and a Tolstoi back amongst them, plus one of the "Florida find" T206s I picked up a year ago. Do a search under my Ebay seller name: rue27

Old 03-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I'm giving in and going with the board concensus for description integrity - hopefully this will bring me back into the flock:

"3 EX corners! Vivid colors! I can't rule out the possibility that this card may have been nailed to a trunk at some point...may not get an EX grade if submitted for grading"

Old 03-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

Scott,

I have a problem with your description. I only see 2 sharp corners.

Wanted: (Someone, anyone, LEON!)

I need two E126 American Caramel: W. Johnson and Grover C. Alexander.

Also looking for:
- E92 Nadja
- E93 Cobb in Vg/Ex or better.

Old 03-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Upgrades: T205 Joss have g-vg front; vg-ex back). Would like at least vg-ex all over.

The horizontal Matty followthrough have vg. (E92, etc)
--don't care about the back. Would like a really nice one.

T3 Speaker, at least ex. Have vg-vg-ex. perfect color and register, lots of creases, and )believe it or not) off center!

Naturally when I get upgrades, these three are on the market. Also, for anyone who would be satisfied with a lower grade example of these , and has a better one, cards and money could change hands. Cards (even the Joss) are quite presentable, with fine color.
I hope no one else, like me, spent 24 years in the hobby without knowing that the back of the Joss T205 is a memorial...

Need new cards:

37 more T202s.ex-mint or better.
T3 Walsh, in at least ex.
Fleetwood Walker team card.
19th century team cards I can't afford...
8 Homoginized Bond Bread Jackie Robinsons, 1947. ex-mint or better.

Old 03-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David B

Hello All,
I would like to sell this card. Please contact me, would consider other Bill Sweeney cards in trade.
Thanks
David B
Cabin16@hotmail.com

Old 03-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Leon--Any other packs for sale---perhaps the Gypsy Queen ?

Julie--What type of team cards are you looking for? Any team in particular, time period?

Still have a few Old Judge available and still am looking for Old Judge poses I need, Kalamazoo Bats and Willie Keeler cards(as always--thanks Scott!)

Old 03-29-2003, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff McKee

Hello,
I am looking for most of the e102 set,but in paticular the Cobb,Mathewson and Wagner batting.Also looking for a t-205 Walter Johnson.

Old 03-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Administrator

I really want photographic Radbourne team cards--especially the Beaneaters and New Yorks (together--I wonder why they were photographed together?), with R. doing his favorite thing, besides pitching. Ooooo--he looks so mean!

I didn't mean I could afford a Walker team card; I meant I'd buy it anyhow.

Old 03-29-2003, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jonathan Perry

Jeff,
I have a T205 Johnson in a PSA 6 I am looking to sell
please contact me directly at jperry@nyc.rr.com if interested and I will tell you more

Old 03-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Mark M. says get a scanner of the same make as your printer, or you'll be sorry--do you have any experience in this area?

(that's such a wondertful card--is it real, or did you do it with mirrors?)

Old 03-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Kennedy

Hello All,

I am still looking for many T206's. As usual I am looking for the following cards in the VG-EX to EX-MT range. Also, if anyone has any large lots that they are looking to sell, I would be interested in that as well. My wantlist is as follows.....

Ed Reulbach (Glove Showing) <Any Grade>
Mordecai Brown (Portrait) (Throwing W/Cubs On Shirt)
Joe Tinker (Hands On Knees)
Harry Steinfeldt (Portrait)
Wildfire Schulte (Front View)
Al Burch (Batting)
Rube Waddell (Portrait)
Fred Clarke (With Bat)
Harry Pattee (Horizontal)
Ed Walsh
Rube Marquard (Hands At Thighs)

Also I have a very nice T206 Mike Powers (Brown Hindu) PSA 4, if anyone out there is interested.

Old 03-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff S

I have recently listed a Mayo Cut Plug partial set of 25 in low grade, including lots of the HOFers from the set. Reserve is very reasonable. The auction closes Thursday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2720022723

Thanks for looking!

Old 03-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Obermeyer

I have the first three (of four) editions of the Sports Collectors Bible available. Each book is complete and in used condition. I'm asking $25 for the three books, which includes shipping.

If interested, email me at jobermeyer2@attbi.com.

Jeff
http://www.seattlehockey.net

Old 03-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

The new one is even better: Epson 1660 PHOTO - I really like this scanner! My printer is an HP. I had problem with color translations with both scanners, so it might be the printer.

Old 03-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jonathan Perry

I know this is not vintage baseball card related but it is baseball related.
My Yankee season tickets arrived today. Obviously I can not go to every game so I figured I would share them with some of the readers and dedicated baseball fans of this great board.
They are very nice seats in the MVP box section 621 row 5. That is located right between home plate and first base.
I have 4 seats but you could purchase either 2 or 4 tickets if you would like. If anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me and I will be glad to further inform you about which games are still available. My e-mail address is jperry@nyc.rr.com.
best regards
Jon

Old 03-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

I finally have some extra cards in my meager collection for trading so here they are.

e93 sgc50 Lajoie--no crease/wrinkle, just general wear
e95 psa3 Matty--one corner crease
1914 Cracker Jack Grover A.--NRMT...with a half inch tear, graded psa1 "blazer!"
e121 "Babe" Ruth psa3--holding bird pose, oversized.

As usual looking for cards to fill my e93-e98 sets. Please contact me via email. Just trading at this time, I dread assigning prices to my cards.

Old 03-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Williams

Folks,

A couple updates regarding Full Count. John will be moving to Europe in the very near future so I will be handling the day to day Full Count business on John's behalf (eBay and private sales).

All inventory listed on the web site and/or sold through eBay is the property of John, not me. I will still buy/sell for my collection under the vintagecorner eBay ID.

The web site has been updated and will stay current! Please visit it at http://www.fullcountbcc.com/inv.htm

I do plan on putting images up for many of the cards listed on the site, please bear with me.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me (or John for that matter). Take care!

Mike Williams

Old 03-31-2003, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

I have some odds & ends for sale, including an E96, a bunch of T207 commons, and 2 1890's baseball cabinets. Scans, descriptions, and prices are on my website at http://www.t207.com/sale.htm.

Bill

Old 03-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Administrator

E-145 Fead Clarke: on the back, 4 corners badly stained, probably from glue or 4 holders. Front is clean, except for one corner which has mild residue of the back stain and lower right corner, which is badly stained, and has a nearly 1/2 inch tear just above lowest level of the grass (no paper is missing; you have to wiggle the card to see the tear). Clear, brilliant colors, extremely minor stains you really have to look for on front. Nice clear picture, sharp corners. $25--I think that's what I paid for it, but it may be more; I've had it for years. Not nearly bad enough to throw away, but too bad to displasy (for me), I hide it behind the playing card Lajoie, which Mastro used as packing for a card 20 years ago. $25 includes safe shipping.

Old 04-01-2003, 03:02 PM
Administrator

It was a jumbo, and I thought I'd fix THAT. Giggle. Cut off half his name...$10? $15? Too much?

Old 04-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Hodes

This time I'll start with what I'm *Selling/Auctioning*

Right now (or in the next few days) I am auctioning several T206s in theVG-EX range most commons + one very nice card of the underrated Gavvy Cravath ("the Home Run king before Home Runs were king");

Also several SGC (under)graded T205 commons mostly 50s -- a few should be 60s;

One 1906 Fan Craze of HOFer VIC WILLIS that in around a VG-EX but a good chance to get a pre-T206 card of this obscure HOFer. Currently on Ebay at ridiculously low price.

Also I have a _T205 Bresnahan_ (Closed) I am getting back from SGC I expect an EX or better (no creasing) that I will happily sell before sentencing it to Ebay.

WANTS
T202s graded EX or better and "Too Late for Devlin" Devlin (GIANTS)/Matthewson in ANY condition to complete my set. As always I have T202s in teh whole range of conditions to trade to complete/improve my set.
Old Judge: Deacon White
1920s Cuban Oscar Charleston

Old 04-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nick

I am interested in purchasing all NM or better cards of Latin players. I will buy all types:graded or ungraded. Also, any pre-war cards featuring latin/cuban players in any condition.

BUYING:
ALMEIDA
MARSANS
VIOLAT
CEPEDA
APARACIO
ALOU...

TRADE:
CASH
HOTEL ACCOMIDATIONS IN VEGAS(SUITE)
SHOW TICKETS IN VEGAS
1950'S TOPPS CARDS(PARTIAL SETS,CLEAN CARDS)
KEN BURNS BASEBALL DOCUMENTARY(vhs)

Thanks,
Nick

ebay:NICKINVEGAS

Old 04-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott M

Always looking for T214 Victory tobacco - any condition. Thanks