NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 AM
bR!@N R0+H

Default Vintage rainbow completed!

As some of you may know, I've been working on this 1934 Batter Up color run for the past couple of years. I had been eluded by the black, blue and browntone version for some time. Greenberg, because he is #57 in the set, has 4 color variations, black, blue, magenta and browntone. To tell the difference between the browntone version, and the black version is quite difficult if you don't have the cards next to each other, the other two are quite easy to spot.

I took a chance on this card on eBay, it came yesterday, and almost to my surprise, it was the browntone version!

Here are the other three (sorry for that miniature scan)

Greenberg collection
Old 04-07-2015, 06:19 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Very cool; not sure how many people know the "rainbow" terminology on the board. For modern collectors, it's getting every colored parallel of the shiny cards they put out nowadays. Nice way to turn it to a vintage term!
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:15 PM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Very cool; not sure how many people know the "rainbow" terminology on the board. For modern collectors, it's getting every colored parallel of the shiny cards they put out nowadays. Nice way to turn it to a vintage term!
Haha, thanks for clarifying.

Greenberg collection
Old 04-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I like the Batter Up colors. But aren't there more than that? I see you answered concerning the Greenberg in the series, but other players have other cool colors too... Nice pick up on the bay to finish the run too!!

Last edited by Leon; 04-11-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 PM

Well done, I knew you were on a mission.
Congrats!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:15 AM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I like the Batter Up colors. But aren't there more than that? I see you answered concerning the Greenberg in the series, but other players have other cool colors too... Nice pick up on the bay to finish the run too!!
Yes, red and green, then the high numbers are a different shade of brown, but I'm sure you knew that already

Greenberg collection
Old 04-14-2015, 05:43 PM

The Green and Red tone cards are only found with numbers 1-40. 41-80 are found with the four colors as with Greenberg.
I think purple and brown are probably the most common, followed by black and then blue. Green and red are the least common of the low number cards. As far as the high numbers, the colors are tough to distinguish online, but blue seems to be somewhat less common than the others.

Yes, red and green, then the high numbers are a different shade of brown, but I'm sure you knew that already [/QUOTE]
Old 04-14-2015, 09:27 PM
bR!@N R0+H

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonhamlin View Post
The Green and Red tone cards are only found with numbers 1-40. 41-80 are found with the four colors as with Greenberg.
I think purple and brown are probably the most common, followed by black and then blue. Green and red are the least common of the low number cards. As far as the high numbers, the colors are tough to distinguish online, but blue seems to be somewhat less common than the others.

Yes, red and green, then the high numbers are a different shade of brown, but I'm sure you knew that already
[/QUOTE]
I've actually had trouble finding the brown, I felt that the black was much more common

Greenberg collection