NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-25-2018, 10:37 PM
Dave

Default Program Guys Question - 1965 World Series Program

Hey Guys,

Fairly cheap item here, but I want to make sure I get it right. Sold a 1965 Twins/Dodgers World Series program in an Ebay auction recently with several other programs.

Buyer just sent me the following message:

Hi there. I received the 3 programs that I purchased today. However this one doesn't appear to be original. I own a lower grade copy of this and the front and back cover on yours is much heavier stock paper and the pages are glossy on yours whereas my other one has thin matte finish paper, similar to other old magazines. Do you know the origin of the one you sold me?

Here is the link to the original auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332619292052?ul_noapp=true

I included dimensions in the description if that helps.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary to me. I've looked up a bunch of them on Ebay and it's hard to tell from scans, but some seem to have a glossier magazine type covers and others seem to have the slightly heavier matte stock covers that I believe are on this program.

As far as the glossy inside pages he mentioned, I don't even recall what they felt like. Just seemed like a standard vintage program to me when I listed it. Nothing screamed reprint to me as I was listing it.

Could this simply be a case of two separate printers working on the same set of programs, or a changeover in stock partway through for the printers.

Maybe it's an obvious reprint and I just missed it. Hoping one of the experts here can chime in.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 04-25-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:17 AM
Todd Schultz

I'm no expert on programs per se, but I do own at least two of these programs, and the cover is on heavier stock than regular magazines, with some gloss. Mine are genuine, as one was brought home from the game by my father and the other by a neighbor, also from the game and with a dozen or so autographs.

If there is any problem have him return it and I'll take it at that price. I'll then compare it to my others and let you know of any differences.

EDITED TO ADD: I just looked at my 1965 All Star game program, also played in Minnesota, and it definitely is printed with a more matte cover and on thinner "magazine-like" pages. Maybe there were two different printers in the area. Now I too await the experts on this one.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 04-26-2018 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Dave

Thanks for the response Todd. Appreciate it.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:29 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

It’s good. There are different variations in color, etc. it’s not a difficult program and I do not know of reproductions. I have been buying and selling memorabilia in Minnesota for 30 years.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
It’s good. There are different variations in color, etc. it’s not a difficult program and I do not know of reproductions. I have been buying and selling memorabilia in Minnesota for 30 years.
Thanks Jason