NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > CardTarget.com > Cardtarget.com - General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default quick update

Just want to give a quick update on GSB. We are still making progress and are rolling out a few new things very soon, including quite a bit of marketing. That being said I have sold at least 5-10 cards there in the last month and just did a BIN on a card I have been looking for, for a long time. If your cards are priced fairly they will sell. If they are overpriced for today's market they will sit, just like they do on other sites. Good luck to all!!

"You have successfully purchased 1937 O-Pee-Chee A-106 Jimmy Foxx VG." YEA!!

Last edited by Leon; 12-04-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default our newest seller....Just Collect

Just Collect has added over 5000 items at a discount to ebay....
Old 01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default ebay

Hi Leon,
I was looking at your store setup page, and it has an area for ebay authorization. Can you please explain what this is for?

Thanks,
Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default sure thing

I haven't tried it yet, but JustCollect did and it worked. Matt is the one responsible for setting it up so if I say something wrong please don't shoot the messenger. We have developed a (literally) few button process to import all BIN and Store Ebay items to GSB....It works well according to JustCollect, who imported their listings in about 10-15 minutes (well over 5000 listings)....I think that authorization is just allowing that process to happen.....I know you first set up a store on GSB and then I think it's really easy, but admittedly it is one of the things still high on my priority list to do. If you list at least 100 things on ebay I will still make the listings free if you want to try? There will still be the very small final value fee when something sells but no cost till then, unless you pick some listing upgrade options......I would love for some other folks to try it and give feedback. It's been slow going but we are making progress, baby steps at a time....regards

ps...for the immediate time being I will even waive the minimum 100 items requirement....
Old 01-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info Leon. I will be on the road for a couple of weeks, so I won't have time to try it for a while, but I still have some questions.

1. When the listings are imported from ebay, does this close the ebay items on ebay or will the items be listed on both ebay and gsb?

2. If the answer is both, then if someone buys an item on ebay will the gsb listing also close, and vice versa?

3. Most of my listings are BIN's with Best Offer. Will your software import the Best Offer items and leave the Best Offer option in place?

4. Most of my listings include large scans, using html from Photobucket, in the description area. Will these scans transfer properly?

5. Do your stores have the option to temporarily close for a week or two when someone is on vacation?

6. Can gsb listings be imported to ebay?

Sorry about all of the questions, but I have 600 items in my ebay store and I plan on adding several hundred more in the next couple of months, so I don't want to make any changes that will cause a lot of additional work for me. When I get some time I will experiment with a few items and see how it goes.

Thanks much! Rick

Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Thanks for the info Leon. I will be on the road for a couple of weeks, so I won't have time to try it for a while, but I still have some questions.

1. When the listings are imported from ebay, does this close the ebay items on ebay or will the items be listed on both ebay and gsb?

2. If the answer is both, then if someone buys an item on ebay will the gsb listing also close, and vice versa?

3. Most of my listings are BIN's with Best Offer. Will your software import the Best Offer items and leave the Best Offer option in place?

4. Most of my listings include large scans, using html from Photobucket, in the description area. Will these scans transfer properly?

5. Do your stores have the option to temporarily close for a week or two when someone is on vacation?

Sorry about all of the questions, but I have 600 items in my ebay store and I plan on adding several hundred more in the next couple of months, so I don't want to make any changes that will cause a lot of additional work for me. When I get some time I will experiment with a few items and see how it goes.

Thanks much! Rick
Hey Rick
I will try to answer a few of these questions. Sorry to be tardy too...

1) We have the program synced where when something is ported to GSB from Ebay, it stays in both places.

2) IF something sells either place, then the listing will close in both places.

3) I don't know if, when you export from ebay the best offer option, will it port that option over? I will find out.

4) The scans should, I believe, export fine...but will have to confirm. I am sure when JustCollect just did there large (5000+) export to GSB, they didn't lose their scans. I don't know what program they use for their scans though.

5) I am not sure if the stores can be closed for a week or two but I am sure the listings can be closed...I just need to find out how automatic it is.

6) I am not sure if GSB listings can be ported to ebay. I will find out.

I AM absolutely sure that Matt can answer each of these questions as he wrote the programs . He might be the smartest programmer/coder/IT guy I have ever had the pleasure to work with. He has been out of pocket for a week or more on vacation. I will direct him here for the definitive answers I didn't give. thanks a lot!!

Last edited by Leon; 01-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post

Thanks much! Rick
Just to follow up on Leon's correct answers with a bit more detail where warranted:

2) There are two parts to the GSB system - one is an import from eBay and the second is eBay Sync. eBay Sync is the tool we developed to help keep your fixed price listings current between the two and help make sure nothign is double sold. You can import your fixed price listings and not enable eBay Sync if you desire.

3. Yes - eBay listings with Best Offer enabled will come over with the ability to accept cash offers.

4. We do bring over the HTML descriptions from eBay. For security reasons, we strip out scripts, but we have tested with many different kinds of listings, including those created by BlackThorne and TurboLister and the descriptiosn come across well. You can see JustCollect's GSB listings for an example of how a very heavy HTML listing comes over with the tool.

5. We have the ability to put your store on vacation, which will add a prominent note to your listings letting folks know you are away and probably won't be able to respond to questions or ship anything.

6. No.

One other feature to note, because of the huge cost savings on GSB, we've also built in the ability to auto-discount your listings, should you chose to do so, during the import.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Info

Hi guys, thank you for answering all of my questions. This sounds like a great way to get some extra coverage for my items at very little cost.

Thanks much!

Rick

Closed Thread