NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-19-2016, 07:11 AM
K!ya S@bet

Default BST Auctions (and players who came out of no where)

The upcoming BST Auction is really loaded. I was surprised because they seemed to come out of nowhere. But some of the items are really incredible.

So my ignorance is kind of funny, because when I kept hearing about the BST Auctions I thought it was an extension of NET54 and the BST section.

Question 1: Who are they? I am assuming based on their upcoming auction that they seem trusted to get strong prices.

Question 2: This got me thinking of players who came completely out of nowhere and just exploded onto the scene. (I know some were steroids but lets turn a blind eye for this thread)

I quickly recalled Kevin Mitchell in 1989.
Mike Piazza based on his draft position.
Lastly, Mark Fydrich was insane for a year but I can't remember if we was highly thought of prior to his breakout season.

Last edited by ksabet; 02-19-2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-19-2016, 07:16 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
The upcoming BST Auction is really loaded. I was surprised because they seemed to come out of nowhere. But some of the items are really incredible.

So my ignorance is kind of funny, because when I kept hearing about the BST Auctions I thought it was an extension of NET54 and the BST section.

Question 1: Who are they? I am assuming based on their upcoming auction that they seem trusted to get strong prices.

Question 2: This got me thinking of players who came completely out of nowhere and just exploded onto the scene. (I know some were steroids but lets turn a blind eye for this thread)

I quickly recalled Kevin Mitchell in 1989.
Mike Piazza based on his draft position.
Lastly, Mark Fydrich was insane for a year but I can't remember if we was highly thought of prior to his breakout season.

Brady Anderson hitting 50+ homers from the leadoff position was a surprise
Old 02-19-2016, 07:21 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

BST Auctions did a lot of advertising for nearly a year prior to its first Auction. It is ran by board members.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=190709
Old 02-19-2016, 07:29 AM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
BST Auctions did a lot of advertising for nearly a year prior to its first Auction. It is ran by board members.

Shows how much I pay attention to the advertising lol
Old 02-19-2016, 07:29 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

they were also at the national two years back. Nice guys, using word of mouth to advertise. Tell ya nothing works better!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-19-2016, 07:31 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Brady Anderson hitting 50+ homers from the leadoff position was a surprise
Not to his supplier.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:54 AM

Default BST auctions

Great guys to deal with!!
Old 02-19-2016, 09:37 AM
Dan Studebaker

The BST in the name originates from the three founders names, and is not associated with the BST section of Net54. Their first auction was last year and had 600-700 lots if I recall correctly. As mentioned before they have a strong presence at the National and have a broad network of contacts from their many years of collecting.

Of particular note, they arguably have the strongest football knowledge, following, and offering of any auction house.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Pete Sycks

Lots of great items and the catalog is one of the best.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 02-19-2016, 10:36 AM
John

I also had to ask about the BST name. They used the same concept in naming MSB sports cards. Great guys to deal with - I have bought a few items - but most of my experience is just from the football board threads, pms, etc. This is the second auction - I bid on the 32 championship game program in the first auction - I am wondering why I didn't receive any notification the second auction is starting though

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 02-19-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

One of the very few AH's that I trust 100%. They get great stuff for bidders and strong prices for consignors.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Brian T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
I also had to ask about the BST name. They used the same concept in naming MSB sports cards. Great guys to deal with - I have bought a few items - but most of my experience is just from the football board threads, pms, etc. This is the second auction - I bid on the 32 championship game program in the first auction - I am wondering why I didn't receive any notification the second auction is starting though
Thank you for the kind words. You asked about why notification hadn't been sent yet. Frankly, it is because you guys beat us to the punch! We wanted to get the catalogs out in plenty of time for the auction, but they actually beat our week-long preview window.

Given that our catalogs arrived (and were being discussed), we decided to open up the preview a touch early. The scheduled preview is from Feb 20 - Feb 26. This permits our international customers to have an opportunity to peruse the catalogs as well - prior to opening.

We will open for bidding next Saturday, February 27 and will close on March 19 at 9 PM. Good luck to all who decide to bid!

Thanks again for all the kind words!

For any who have not yet registered, please do so here and feel free to use Net54 as one of the references:
https://www.bst-auctions.com/adduser.aspx

Brian Terjung

www.BST-Auctions.com
Old 02-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Luke Lyon

Take a look at their last auction, it was massive. I am kicking myself still for not having more $ available at the time.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:55 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

If my memory serves me, I remember walking by the BST booth at the Cleveland national at the exact time a gentlemen was pitching his T206 signed Cobb(s). My recollection was that he had two. I remember the guys in the booth were working very hard to win that consignment.

Of course, my memory tends to suck, so I could be off on the AH and the number of Cobbs, but I do recall it was Cleveland.

At any rate, got my catalog and really enjoying browsing the great offerings.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:06 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post

I actually thought the same thing when I first heard about them. It does look like they have some great stuff coming up in the next auction.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:21 PM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
One of the very few AH's that I trust 100%. They get great stuff for bidders and strong prices for consignors.
This sums up BST perfectly, couldn't have said it better myself! Top notch guys and great auction.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Eric
Eric

Default AH

Absolutely top notch. I bought an E98 Wagner from them last year and was extremely impressed with every aspect. Good stuff. Catalog this year is IMPRESSIVE! Nice work guys
Old 02-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post

and solid, honest guys .... I have known them for a number of years now, like many of us.

Great catalog fellas!