NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

Default Where to buy artwork?

Im looking to buy a painting or high quality artwork of lou gehrig and babe ruth. I wish I could afford graig's paintings but looking for a cheaper option. Does anyone know a good place to buy one? I found some on sportsmemorabilia.com but have never ordered from them before. Thanks for the help
Old 01-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Graig Kreindler

Joey,

I don't know what his prices are these days, but if you want a really unique and beautiful art piece (as well as an investment piece), I would highly recommend checking out Monty Sheldon and his Artballs.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Very-...20955254596509

His official website hasn't been updated in a while, but he's very active on his Facebook page.

I can honestly say that I think he's friggin' brilliant. And that's not just because he's a friend and colleague, but I REALLY think that he offers something truly special.

If you get in touch, tell him I sent ya.

Graig
Old 01-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Ben North

Not a painting but this guy on the BO forum does awesome wood burning pictures in different sizes.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/m...e-my-work.html
Old 01-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Phil Nap

Default Paintings

Word of advice . . . Just like with any other collectible buy the best that you can afford. While Graig's prices are not cheap, you do get what you pay for and its worth every penny. One thing to keep in mind is that getting one of Graig's commissions doesn't happen overnight. So if you're not in a rush it can become more affordable than what you might imagine. I commissioned a very large and expensive piece. I made multiple payments throughout the process which greatly diminished the impact on my wallet.

I have other artists in my collection. Pretty big names in the world of sports art, and I can honestly say that once I added a Kreindler, it kinda ruined the others for me. It's just a different level of appreciation. Of course everyone has their own taste in art but if you are into his work you can probably make it happen.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilNap View Post
Word of advice . . . Just like with any other collectible buy the best that you can afford. While Graig's prices are not cheap, you do get what you pay for and its worth every penny. One thing to keep in mind is that getting one of Graig's commissions doesn't happen overnight. So if you're not in a rush it can become more affordable than what you might imagine. I commissioned a very large and expensive piece. I made multiple payments throughout the process which greatly diminished the impact on my wallet.

I have other artists in my collection. Pretty big names in the world of sports art, and I can honestly say that once I added a Kreindler, it kinda ruined the others for me. It's just a different level of appreciation. Of course everyone has their own taste in art but if you are into his work you can probably make it happen.
I would be honored to own some of graig's work and hope one day Ill be able to afford one. His work is the best ive seen and itd be worth every penny
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Joey,
Let me second Phil's comments. I also paid in smaller installments to make it doable for me.
Dean, his agent, is very reasonable and easy to work with. I'm sure they could structure a deal that would work for you. Once you go Kreindler, you never go back.

Graig,
As far as your recommendation goes, I have to say that I would much rather put the $2500 minimum he wants for a painted ball toward my next Kreindler.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 01-23-2014, 03:18 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Don't know that he did a Gehrig or if you like his style, but there are Leroy Neiman serigraphs (screen prints) of many baseball players, including Babe Ruth. These can be relatively affordable.

Also, if you want a real conversation piece, Andy Warhol made a number of sports serigraphs, including, off the top of my head, Pete Rose and Wayne Gretzky. Though these are a lot more expensive than Neiman's. Both artists hand signed and limited edition numbered their prints. The Warhol Rose is the most desirable baseball fine art print in the hobby.

For the record, one of my areas of expertise is prints by famous artists, so I can advise on authenticity questions. Neiman prints were originally sold with a Knoedler COA, Knoedler Publishing being his agent. Warhol prints can come with a stamp from the Warhol Foundation, which was set up by his will to authenticate his art. It's best to get a Warhol from a reputable art dealer and with proper paper documentation, though many sports auction houses sell Neiman screen prints. REA regularly offers Neimans, as well as Lelands, Legendary and so on. Authentic signed Warhols are harder to find, but I've seen Lelands offer some over the years.

I'm just offering up a couple of ideas, not suggesting what you should like or not like. Art is in the eye of the beholder and the person writing the check, as the saying goes. And, in fact, I'm not a fan of Neiman's prints.

Beyond that, I'd say follow the big sports auction houses to see the paintings, prints and other art they offer. You'll find a wide assortment. REA, Lelands and Legendary often have specific categories for sports fine art.

Last edited by drcy; 01-23-2014 at 03:59 PM.