NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Default Tobacco card lot - live auction on ebay

Posted By: Chris Bland

I came up just a little short on this! Wow - didnt think it would go that high...

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190162192368

Saw scans of the baseball cards in this lot - pretty nice. I would say most in vg-ex condition, some a little worse. I have no idea what the value is for the non-sport cards; apparently a fair amount...

Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Someone on the floor must have been able to go through the non-sports and saw some great items.

If anyone on this Board wants to unload any, please send me an email. I'm mostly interested in the Kinney military.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I'm guessing you had to ask for scans of the baseball cards? They seemed to know that the baseball were the best of the lot so they listed all the names of the players, but they don't show one picture in the auction of them....And rubberbands??? Now this must truly be an attic find.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Forgot to mention, the estimate was $400 - $600. Only $25K short.

I won't give it away, but the lot value could have been in the non-sports.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Yes I had to request scans of the baseball cards - I too found it odd that they knew to list them separately and yet still didnt post a single image of them.

I know nothing about non-sports cards - are there any visible in the pics provided that are valuable?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Hard to tell from the scans. They all look like solid PSA 4 or 5 assuming the rubber bands aren't digging in, but they look loose. That would value them at $10 minimum for some cards, $20 for most, and $50 - $100 for the Pirates and Indians.

But there are variations, errors, and scarcities within some of those sets that would be over $1,000 each. That was the advantage the floor had.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich W.

Chris:

Were you the one on the phone?

Rich W

Old 10-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Rich,

No I bid through ebay - my first time trying the live auction thing.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

Unless all the Indian errors and maybe Roumania and Corea in the flags. Even then, seems pretty high.......especially given the vig was like 22.5 I think Eric said. Is the Vig included on the $26K bid or is that added separately? If separate, we're looking at approx $32K. Thats $58 or so per card--all cards..........

Old 10-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: chris bland

As far as I can tell (based on my bid anyhow) the juice was not included in the final bid, so yes it was over 30k for the lot when it was all said and done. The only baseball cards were the N28 and N29 sets that were mentioned in the lot description...