NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Is this guy serious?? Clemente game used Jersey??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBERTO-CLEM...torefresh=true

Those numbers look like they were made yesterday. Anyone else have an opinion?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:29 PM
$teve O.

It could be real.

Last edited by 39special; 01-28-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

How dare you question Cashmonkey2, you better pray Cashmonkey1 doesn't find out.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
How dare you question Cashmonkey2, you better pray Cashmonkey1 doesn't find out.
Lol ^^^^^^ :-) :-) :-)

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 01-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Rick

Hey! Free shipping
Old 01-29-2014, 09:14 AM
J Stone

Back then uniforms were used and reused sometimes for many years. It is certainly possible that that particular jersey at one could have been worn by Clemente, but as with autographs, why would you want it in your collection? It's like having an autographed baseball of Babe Ruth where you can barely make out the signature because it's so faded.

To me a piece like this, even if real, is looking for the greatest fool. Whomever buys it is only hoping to sell it for a profit until the last fool gets stuck with it.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
Back then uniforms were used and reused sometimes for many years. It is certainly possible that that particular jersey at one could have been worn by Clemente, but as with autographs, why would you want it in your collection? It's like having an autographed baseball of Babe Ruth where you can barely make out the signature because it's so faded.

To me a piece like this, even if real, is looking for the greatest fool. Whomever buys it is only hoping to sell it for a profit until the last fool gets stuck with it.
I disagree. Finding an iron clad Clemente flannel with provenance would be preferable but as jerseys from this era were typically passed down for continued use in the minors after MLB use, locating a flannel with evidence of being originally worn by any player that you may collect is difficult to say the least. A star player such as Clemente would certainly command big $ and as such, more scrutiny for a buyer to feel comfortable with its history however.

The O/P raises a great question about the fabric numbering that hasn't been addressed. I would want to inspect the jersey in hand before dropping $10K on it, but possible restoration doesn't rule out this having once being on Roberto's back.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Brock

Am i the only one who thinks it's weird that his name stitching is gone completely besides the "C" and the rest looks like it could have been wrote in marker.

Last edited by yanks12025; 01-29-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Am i the only one who thinks it's weird that his name stitching is gone completely besides the "C" and the rest looks like it could have been wrote in marker.

I haven't looked at the photos on a big screen (just opened the link on my phone) but the 8th image (inside of jersey) seems to show stitch impressions of the remainder of the name, right? I am not commenting on the validity of the item and have no skin in the game, but would say the it has a shot to be a legit, possibly partially restored Clemente flannel.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Brock

Also mears shows all the jerseys they had were size 42, not 44.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:36 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

For what it's worth, I bought the 1967 Kansas City flannel he had for sale last week and while I'm not a KC collector it looks to me to be all original. It's a size 40 and the guys who wore that number (12) were very thin, so that's what I'd expect. Cost under $400 too. So based on that deal, the guy seems pretty legit.

Can anyone make out whether there was ever a #21 on the front of the jersey?