NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-29-2004, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default A love story about a seller and his shiller

Posted By: john/z28jd

Is this great this guy has an e90 Jackson card?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=86841&item=5152775582&rd=1

and isnt it great he has a friend who also lives in Indiana and uses the same type of descriptions when he sells and accepts same payment methods and only bids on his stuff eventho it includes football programs,and baseball stuff from 60s-90's?

his buddy

I think its wonderful they found each other,and im glad he stays loyal to his one seller,eventho a couple people suspect that they are both actually him and hes really making love to himself

[edited to shorten link]

Old 12-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe P.

The angelic musical theme from "Love Story" being played behind each auction.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I guess "davidr" got tired of selling cards for a nickel (check out his past auctions) and figured that he had finally gotten his Feedback high enough to go for the BIG RIPOFF.

I'm surprised he isn't trying to sell a BUNCH of rare cards all at once real quick like.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Hal,maybe he cant afford to buy them from himself right now,so hes just listing them one at a time.Someone should email him and say if you want to make sure you win your own auctions and keep the price down(so he isnt ripping himself off) make it a pre-approved bidders auction,and only allow dbabseballfan to bid

I love the name of the high bidder now tho

Old 12-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

Who changes his name around but bids only on replicas to try and keep others from getting the shaft. At least that is my understanding....

Old 12-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Administrator

"SYBIL".

Old 12-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan

She taught at the University of Rio Grande where I graduated from. Of course, she was gone while I was there, but there's your history lesson for the day

Old 12-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Administrator

We're talking about Bevo Francis.

In the 1950’s, Bevo Francis, a legendary basketball player, put Rio Grande on the map when he scored 113 points in a single game against Hillsdale College. The media attention given to Bevo and his equally legendary teammates helped to save a college that, at the time, was in some financial difficulty.

Thanks for the memory.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

in 1959. They quit publishing about 10 years ago.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

Step One: I won some boxing cards from a seller on Dec. 26. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5149333366&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT)

Step Two: On Dec. 27, Seller sends me an email about how he really needs the money fast and he'll waive the shipping fee if I pay right away.

Step Three: Two hours later, Seller relists the cards (same PSA numbers). (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=55985&item=5152374459&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) Luckily, I notice before paying.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

Mark,

The item description is quite interesting, here's an excerpt:

I PICKED UP THESE EXTREMELY RARE BOXING CARDS FROM SOME SELLER THAT WAS SELLING THESE A WHILE AGO ON EBAY. I'M NOT INTO BOXING BUT I PAID HIM $434.00 FOR ALL THREE OF THESE BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL PSA 9 MINT'S, WHICH IS A PRETTY IMPOSSIBLE GRADE FOR ANY SPORTS CARD MADE IN THE 1950'S ALTOGETHER!

It appears that your bid was well below the price he claims to have paid for them. Perhaps he's trying to sell it twice so he can get his money back on the items.

Who needs shill bidders when you can relist the same item over and over again. What's worse, a seller that shill bids or a seller that doesn't ship the item? Or, a shilling seller which ships nothing?

I sent the seller an email and I asked him about the sale of the same items a few days ago, I'll let you know the reply (if he sends a reply).

Old 12-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ray

He's from Indiana too!

Old 12-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Old 12-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

Here's the seller's email to me shortly before he relisted the cards:

"I NEED THIS MONEY OF $282 QUICK - I REALLY NEED IT FAST. I WILL SEND THESE CARDS ASAP SAME DAY/NEXT DAY FOR FREE BY USPS PRIORITY MAIL WITH FULL INSURANCE. FREE SHIPPING WITH FULL INSURANCE 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS (PRIORITY)!!! PLEASE HELP!!! "

It was his double use of the three consecutive exclamation points that made me wary. I bet even the seller of Hal's Reccius Wagner did not use triple exclamation marks when discussing payment terms. I emailed the seller yesterday telling him I wasn't going to pay, but he has not responded.

Old 12-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I read recently somewhere that one of the telltale signs of an internet scam is a demand for money ASAP.

Seller also is a moron if he paid $484 for the three cards: Top Flight cigs are common ca. 1960 tobacco cards from the UK. You can pick up nice ones for under $20 each regularly.

Old 12-31-2004, 04:22 AM
Administrator

But send it.

Sybil

PS
BTW, who's this Bevo Francis, and does he have a card?