NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default Battlefield0516 Auctions

Being relatively new here, I had not seen some of the threads questioning this seller and possibly Photoshopped scans on ebay. I purchased a '64 Yastrzemski from Battlefield on July 3. On initial glance everything looked just fine. I will go back and re-check and scan the card and provide the ebay photo and mine here for comparison. Last night, I won 9 cards in Battlefield Auctions and after finding more info on here and looking more closely at their feedback on ebay, I'm a little apprehensive. I will certainly provide scans on those once I receive them. I'm hoping for the best. But in retrospect, I was a bit uncomfortable with the photos/quality and no backs. But the Yaz only cost me $8.27 + shipping so I didn't have much invested. Last night's 9 cards totaled $330 including shipping. Time will tell and I'll be back to offer updates and scans.
Chris
Old 07-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Bill

He is one of the worst, just look at past feedback.

Life Member of Disabled American Veterans Chapter 7 Little Rock, Arkansas.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:55 AM
John Hanssen

There is plenty of info on this seller - good luck but just reading eBay feedback should be enough to keep anyone away

Long thread on this sellers photoshop cards and repeat selling of same cards over and over
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ht=Battlefield
Old 07-25-2017, 12:19 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
There is plenty of info on this seller - good luck but just reading eBay feedback should be enough to keep anyone away

Long thread on this sellers photoshop cards and repeat selling of same cards over and over
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ht=Battlefield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
Being relatively new here, I had not seen some of the threads questioning this seller and possibly Photoshopped scans on ebay. I purchased a '64 Yastrzemski from Battlefield on July 3. On initial glance everything looked just fine. I will go back and re-check and scan the card and provide the ebay photo and mine here for comparison. Last night, I won 9 cards in Battlefield Auctions and after finding more info on here and looking more closely at their feedback on ebay, I'm a little apprehensive. I will certainly provide scans on those once I receive them. I'm hoping for the best. But in retrospect, I was a bit uncomfortable with the photos/quality and no backs. But the Yaz only cost me $8.27 + shipping so I didn't have much invested. Last night's 9 cards totaled $330 including shipping. Time will tell and I'll be back to offer updates and scans.
Chris
I just recently bumped up the thread nebboy posted above in hopes new to the hobby/site types see it.

I have never purchased anything from her (General consensus is it's a female) but I do watch/see occasionally, as I am searching for 52 Topps cards, some of her listings.
Her negative/neutral feedback is enough for me to stay far away!!

Like this one, I also watch to see if it comes back to her and gets relisted or if the buyer leaves negative feedback. Most times both happen!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUKE-SNIDER-...vip=true&rt=nc
Old 07-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Her name in the billing is Carolyn Battles. As I said, my first purchase of the '64 Yaz posed no problems. As I noted in my initial post, I noticed the feedback/negative threads AFTER I won the auctions last night. Since all was good with the Yaz, we'll see. If all goes well, I will report it as such and provide pics. Ditto if it does not.

Note: Photo with the blue background is the Ebay scan from Battlefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I just recently bumped up the thread nebboy posted above in hopes new to the hobby/site types see it.

I have never purchased anything from her (General consensus is it's a female) but I do watch/see occasionally, as I am searching for 52 Topps cards, some of her listings.
Her negative/neutral feedback is enough for me to stay far away!!

Like this one, I also watch to see if it comes back to her and gets relisted or if the buyer leaves negative feedback. Most times both happen!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUKE-SNIDER-...vip=true&rt=nc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1964 Yaz002.jpg (78.1 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg 1964 Yaz_back002.jpg (72.5 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg 64Yaz.jpg (48.8 KB, 496 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 07-31-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default 8 Cards from 7/24/17

Will provide scans when cards arrive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58 Mantle AS.jpg (42.1 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg 60 Mantle AS.jpg (24.3 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg 63 Bombers.jpg (29.1 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg 64 AL HR Leaders.jpg (32.0 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg 65 AL RBI Leaders.jpg (41.8 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg 75 MVPs 1957.jpg (43.2 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg 75 MVPs 1962.jpg (41.2 KB, 494 views)
Old 07-25-2017, 01:54 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Her name in the billing is Carol Battles. As I said, my first purchase of the '64 Yaz posed no problems. As I noted in my initial post, I noticed the feedback/negative threads AFTER I won the auctions last night. Since all was good with the Yaz, we'll see. If all goes well, I will report it as such and provide pics. Ditto if it does not.

Note: Photo with the blue background is the Ebay scan from Battlefield.
JenX, imo, the card you purchased does not look like the card she posted.

Her card has definitely been cleaned up some, imo. Note the corners, especially the top right and also the dot in the border on the left side (Yaz's right shoulder) Is that something that is just on your scanner or is it on the actual card?
The borders also look whiter, cleaned up in her pic compared to your's.
What was her description of the card, or do you still have the for sale/auction link?

Surprisingly, however, I thought it may be worse, but, imo, your card didn't need a lot of doctoring. Based on what I have read and heard, most of her cards have been doctored/photoshopped quite extensively.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:10 PM
Al Richter

Will look forward to the 63 Bombers Best. The one you posted has the bat neatly nestled in the nether region ( common),but there is a version where it seems airbrushed out. Pretty scarce.

Good luck

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 07-25-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

I think it is the same card. I could see where it may have been touched up a bit, but keep in mind the card in her scan is in a soft sleeve where mine is not. I'm going to try and re-scan mine in a sleeve to see what difference that makes.

The most glaring spots to me are print defects in the red banner at the bottom. If you will look at the bottom of the A in Carl there is a dot/eye and also along the top of the red banner between the "i" and "of". Those aren't as evident on the ebay scan, but you can see blemishes there. I've attached a photo and a scan in a sleeve. My guess is looking closely, there was likely some doctoring however minor. I won't hesitate to return the cards I bought last night if I see the same or worse.

I do appreciate your input and additional sets of eyes. Here is the original listing. I always assume a card is at least a grade or two lower than is described.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-YASTRZE...vip=true&rt=nc

Quote:
JenX, imo, the card you purchased does not look like the card she posted.

Her card has definitely been cleaned up some, imo. Note the corners, especially the top right and also the dot in the border on the left side (Yaz's right shoulder) Is that something that is just on your scanner or is it on the actual card?
The borders also look whiter, cleaned up in her pic compared to your's.
What was her description of the card, or do you still have the for sale/auction link?

Surprisingly, however, I thought it may be worse, but, imo, your card didn't need a lot of doctoring. Based on what I have read and heard, most of her cards have been doctored/photoshopped quite extensively.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1964 Yaz_sleeve002.jpg (77.5 KB, 461 views)
File Type: jpg 20170725_132545.jpg (70.8 KB, 464 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 07-25-2017 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-25-2017, 03:50 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I think it is the same card. I could see where it may have been touched up a bit, but keep in mind the card in her scan is in a soft sleeve where mine is not. I'm going to try and re-scan mine in a sleeve to see what difference that makes.

The most glaring spots to me are print defects in the red banner at the bottom. If you will look at the bottom of the A in Carl there is a dot/eye and also along the top of the red banner between the "i" and "of". Those aren't as evident on the ebay scan, but you can see blemishes there. I've attached a photo and a scan in a sleeve. My guess is looking closely, there was likely some doctoring however minor. I won't hesitate to return the cards I bought last night if I see the same or worse.

I do appreciate your input and additional sets of eyes.
Your scan in the sleeve did clean it up some. You can barely notice that black spot/blemish in the border, but it is completely gone in her scan.

I didn't comment about those other spots as you can see them in both scans, albeit, her's are a little less noticeable.

I also believe it is the same card, but I guess there is a chance it isn't as I'm sure lots exist and of course shouldn't be too hard to find in that condition?

If it is, there is no doubt, imo, her's was cleaned up some. Either way, you didn't receive the same "looking" card as what she had for sale, and knowing her MO, one should not be surprised, no matter how little/subtle the changes, some changes were made.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

I agree. At $8 I won't worry about it too much. But the cards coming from last night will offer good evidence as it's not just one card that can be explained away. Will update as soon as I have them. Thanks

Quote:
Your scan in the sleeve did clean it up some. You can barely notice that black spot/blemish in the border, but it is completely gone in her scan.

I didn't comment about those other spots as you can see them in both scans, albeit, her's are a little less noticeable.

I also believe it is the same card, but I guess there is a chance it isn't as I'm sure lots exist and of course shouldn't be too hard to find in that condition?

If it is, there is no doubt, imo, her's was cleaned up some. Either way, you didn't receive the same "looking" card as what she had for sale, and knowing her MO, one should not be surprised, no matter how little/subtle the changes, some changes were made.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:04 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I agree. At $8 I won't worry about it too much. But the cards coming from last night will offer good evidence as it's not just one card that can be explained away. Will update as soon as I have them. Thanks
I agree, and I am looking forward to seeing the scans of your new purchases.

Hopefully, for your sake, the changes, if any, are as subtle as they are in your Yas card.

Good luck.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default 1958 Mantle AS

Not sure the best way to do this so I am going to do one card at a time. First the '58 Mantle AS. I'm posting 4 pics... Battlefield auction scan (blue background), my scan (white background) and my photo (wood grain background) and one of the back. The photo was difficult because of lighting. The one I am posting looks brighter white than the scans, but it's not far off. I'd say there is some dulling of the white border, but it is pretty nice.

My thoughts: I can't see any issues with this card. It's a nice card and I don't see any signs of "photoshopping". The back is nice and nicely centered. I look forward to different sets of eyes looking to see if there is anything I missed.
Chris

Original auction listing description: This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic & unaltered! This card has no creases, 4 very strong corners, great centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTL...vip=true&rt=nc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1958 Mantle AS001.jpg (74.3 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg 58 Mantle AS.jpg (72.2 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg 20170730_021325.jpg (72.3 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg 1958 Mantle AS_back001.jpg (75.3 KB, 286 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 07-31-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default '63 Bombers' Best

This is a nice card, but not without issues. The two issues I see are "snow" in the background above the players and touches on the bottom 2 corners, which is common with the color border. I DO see some possible "doctoring" when comparing these images. In the Battlefield Auction scan (blue background), you see less/little snow. The bottom two corners look a little better on that scan, but not a lot. I purposefully included a sleeve on the card in my scan (white background) since hers has one. My photo (wood grain background) is whiter and actually closer to the color of the border of the card than the others.
I'm considering keeping this card. I would like opinions on the "snow" and how that might affect grade/value, and if you guys agree that the "snow" was likely photoshopped out on her scan.

Original ebay listing description: This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic & unaltered! This card has no creases, 4 very strong corners, great centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTL...72.m2749.l2649
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1963 Bombers Best001.jpg (76.1 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg 20170730_022141.jpg (73.0 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg 1963 Bombers Best_back001.jpg (76.5 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg 63 Bombers.jpg (71.3 KB, 283 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 07-31-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: photo sizing
Old 07-31-2017, 03:04 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default '60 Mantle AS

This is a card I am planning on returning. I can't say whether an honest mistake was made or if the "oversight" was what many on here have come to expect from Battlefield. The front of the card is nice with minor touches on the corners and a light surface wrinkle (through the middle of the 0) that I did not see when bidding. The auction description mentions it so that's on me. It's really minor and even difficult to see when holding the card. Looking at it even closer, it seems obvious that the "dirt" in the 0 was cleaned up in her scan as well as possibly some discoloration/spots in the bottom edge and around the M in Mantle.

The problem I have is the back. Battlefield doesn't show scans of the back of the card, but as you will see in the description there is no mention of paper loss anywhere. Check out the back and you will see it is quite obvious.

Original Ebay Auction description: This card is part of the rare Hi # series! This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic & unaltered! This card has no creases, 4 strong corners, near perfect centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, a small surface wrinkle on the front of the card, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.
Chris J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTL...vip=true&rt=nc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60 Mantle AS.jpg (67.2 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Mantle AS001.jpg (72.7 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Mantle AS_back001.jpg (73.8 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Mantle AS_back002.jpg (72.8 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 07-31-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:33 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default '65 RBI & HR Leaders

Both of these cards are really nice and I don't see any discrepancies in Battlefield's scan and my scan/photo. If there was any doctoring, I'd say there was very little. Edit: At closer glance, there is a single black dot along the right edge of the HR Leaders card that is NOT in the Battlefield scan. The dot is barely visible to my eyes, but shows up better in the scan/photos. Still plan to keep these two, but disappointed because I wanted to give Battlefield a pass here.

Original RBI Leaders description: This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic & unaltered! This card has no creases, 4 very strong corners, great centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

Original HR Leaders description: This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic and unaltered! This card has no creases, 4 very strong corners, great centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-RBI-LEADE...vip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AL-HOME-RUN-...vip=true&rt=nc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1965 RBI Leaders001.jpg (75.1 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 20170730_023003.jpg (79.1 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 65 AL RBI Leaders.jpg (72.4 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg 64 AL HR Leaders.jpg (71.7 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg 1965 HR Leaders001.jpg (75.9 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg 20170730_022751.jpg (78.0 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 07-31-2017 at 03:38 PM. Reason: black dot additional text
Old 07-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default '65 Mantle's Clutch HR - WS

This one I am truly on the fence about keeping or returning. Although the description listed light to moderate corner wear, I believe the Battlefield scan shows much less corner wear than there actually is. She may have described it accurately, but the scan can definitely fool you. I'll likely send it back, but I am curious as to everyone here's thoughts.

Original Ebay auction description: This card is in nice condition for its age! It is 100% authentic and unaltered! This card has no creases, light to moderate corner wear, great centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLD-SERIES...vip=true&rt=nc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1965 Mantle Clutch HR001.jpg (76.8 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 20170730_023610.jpg (77.8 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 65 WS Gm 3 Mantle HR.jpg (29.3 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 1965 Mantle Clutch HR_back001.jpg (72.9 KB, 272 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 03:53 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Without question, every single blue-backgrounded pic/scan you've shown gives the illusion of much sharper corners and edges. 'Rounded' areas appear to be 'sharp' areas. It is unmistakeable and it is her constant M.O.! And her pics/scans are purposely a bit fuzzy to increase this impression. Your pics and scans are sharp. Why in heck aren't hers??? Because it's another tool in her arsenal of BS. She's as dishonest as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:13 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Default '75 MVP's 1957 Mantle/Aaron

This is the last one I will post. I plan to keep this card even though I see 2 instances of photoshopping, both near the top of the card. I am going to keep it because the card is still in good shape, it will serve as a backup to the '75 set I am 1 card from completing (#660 Hank Aaron, anyone?) and because I only paid $1.72 for it.

If you look at the top of the card, you will see a print dot in the black almost to the edge of the oval. Also if you look in the pink right under the top edge, you will see a print line that looks like a surface scratch. Both are definitely missing from the Battlefield scan (blue background).

Thank you for looking at all of these and offering your opinions. It is much appreciated.

Original Ebay auction description: This card has no creases, 4 strong corners, great centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-MVPS-MI...72.m2749.l2649
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75 MVPs 1957.jpg (37.7 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg 1975 Mantle_Aaron_MVPs_sleeve_1 957.jpg (76.6 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg 20170731_170421.jpg (76.8 KB, 270 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:36 PM
Al Richter

Default 1964

I attended my first ever World Seies in 1964. Unfortunately Musial had retired in 1963. That card supposedly depicting a clutch Mantle home run actual shows him whiffing on a Giibson fastball.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:28 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Without question, every single blue-backgrounded pic/scan you've shown gives the illusion of much sharper corners and edges. 'Rounded' areas appear to be 'sharp' areas. It is unmistakeable and it is her constant M.O.! And her pics/scans are purposely a bit fuzzy to increase this impression. Your pics and scans are sharp. Why in heck aren't hers??? Because it's another tool in her arsenal of BS. She's as dishonest as it gets.
I agree 100%. Every card has had some sort of work/enhancement done to it, but if you are happy with the cards you plan on keeping, Chris, then that is your call/choice.

I'd just be sure first you couldn't get better ones for the same money you paid for hers?

I appreciate you posting up the pics/scans comparing her scans with your's. Those just reiterate that I'll never purchase anything from her, ever.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:04 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I attended my first ever World Seies in 1964. Unfortunately Musial had retired in 1963. That card supposedly depicting a clutch Mantle home run actual shows him whiffing on a Gibson fastball.
You know it's funny, I hadn't looked at the card that closely. He certainly isn't hitting shit in that picture!
Old 07-31-2017, 08:18 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
I agree 100%. Every card has had some sort of work/enhancement done to it, but if you are happy with the cards you plan on keeping, Chris, then that is your call/choice.

I'd just be sure first you couldn't get better ones for the same money you paid for hers?

I appreciate you posting up the pics/scans comparing her scans with your's. Those just reiterate that I'll never purchase anything from her, ever.
Hopefully it will serve as another warning to people not to make the same mistake I did. Obviously, she has enough cards and enough people that don't look closely enough that she makes tons of money. Kinda like Wal Mart.... sell enough stuff that it doesn't matter if 1/2 - 1% of customers ask for their money back and talk bad about you. In this case, doing so fraudulently is just shitty. I wish there was a way to stop it.

I'll check on ebay for pricing, but in general, I only bid if I thought the cards might be 1-2 grades below what she was "selling". Part of me wishes there was a way to get the law involved. But I don't know if what I have is enough to get anyone interested, and I am in the same state so there isn't an interstate angle. If anyone has any thoughts, let me know. As far as Ebay, I don't think I would get anywhere with just one of their customer service reps.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:32 AM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
This is what keeps her in business
Old 08-01-2017, 08:49 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
I know, which makes me wonder if there is a legit law enforcement angle that can be pursued....
Old 08-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I know, which makes me wonder if there is a legit law enforcement angle that can be pursued....
It makes it harder when they give almost instant refunds, or at least used to. They are sly, no doubt.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:11 AM

The thing I noticed is that with the royal blue background, that draws your attention away from everything else.

I had to really concentrate to inspect the card fully, which I am sure is done deliberately.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Huh? Why are you pondering that? You bought cards from her, recognize that they've clearly been photoshopped....and fraud has occurred. Yet you keep the cards because it was a good deal for you. Please don't complain about fraud when you recognize it, yet willingly pay into it. Nothing personal, but again...she's counting on buyers like you to keep her in business while she continues to defraud others.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I agree x10. Stay away from Battlefield for sure.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Huh? Why are you pondering that? You bought cards from her, recognize that they've clearly been photoshopped....and fraud has occurred. Yet you keep the cards because it was a good deal for you. Please don't complain about fraud when you recognize it, yet willingly pay into it. Nothing personal, but again...she's counting on buyers like you to keep her in business while she continues to defraud others.
Actually my view changed on that between the time I posted the photos and made comments about keeping the cards and asking about law enforcement. The more I inspected the cards, the more I saw small flaws covered up. So returns are in progress.

That would be why.....
Old 08-02-2017, 06:47 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Actually my view changed on that between the time I posted the photos and made comments about keeping the cards and asking about law enforcement. The more I inspected the cards, the more I saw small flaws covered up. So returns are in progress.

That would be why.....
Dave, (Stonepony) made some excellent points so I am glad to read you are returning "ALL" your cards and not just the ones where you felt she took things just a little too far.

Thanks again for this info/pics. A lot of us on here were waiting for someone to post pics of the cards they purchased from her to do a comparison with her listings.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Dave, (Stonepony) made some excellent points so I am glad to read you are returning "ALL" your cards and not just the ones where you felt she took things just a little too far.

Thanks again for this info/pics. A lot of us on here were waiting for someone to post pics of the cards they purchased from her to do a comparison with her listings.
Trust me, I wrestled with that a lot. Some of the cards were just nice, even after I inspected them several more times. So the parts of me that loves the cards, that thinks I could get them graded and make money to buy more cards and the part of me that wants to say F*ck that F#cker were fighting. The latter won out.

That said, if there were a law enforcement angle, still having the cards would likely have helped. I'm hoping to have approval on all the returns tomorrow so I don't have to wait on Ebay to fight for me.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

She's back at it. Still waiting for my refund, yet all of the cards are re-listed. Even the one with the paper loss on the back (yet no change of "no paper loss" in the description).

Sent message tonight asking if she was planning on sitting on my refund forever and she finally replied stating I left negative feedback so she is going to wait as long as Ebay allows. She insinuated if I would have gone quietly, I'd have gotten my money back sooner.

So we traded messages and I called her a fraud, criminal and a scammer. She acted as if she doesn't know how to do photoshop and doesn't have time to "fix" cards. She was suprised I was being such an ass since she usually only gets that from people up north and the northeast.

Fxxx'in criminal!

Last edited by Leon; 09-10-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: f bomb
Old 09-10-2017, 04:32 AM

Quote:
She's back at it. Still waiting for my refund, yet all of the cards are re-listed. Even the one with the paper loss on the back (yet no change of "no paper loss" in the description).

Sent message tonight asking if she was planning on sitting on my refund forever and she finally replied stating I left negative feedback so she is going to wait as long as Ebay allows. She insinuated if I would have gone quietly, I'd have gotten my money back sooner.

So we traded messages and I called her a fraud, criminal and a scammer. She acted as if she doesn't know how to do photoshop and doesn't have time to "fix" cards. She was suprised I was being such an ass since she usually only gets that from people up north and the northeast.

Fxxx'in criminal!

My experience with Battlefield was also negative - but much shorter if not sweeter. I purchased a mid 1960s star card - and noticed it was trimmed. It was returned right away and I left neutral feedback to be nice. She only refunded my money after the eBay refund period had expired and then blocked me from further auctions.

eBay letting dishonest sellers like Battlefield and Tripleplayvintage continue on their site while so many other dealers are straight up is a travesty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Leon; 09-10-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: f bomb
Old 09-10-2017, 09:43 AM
J!m Be@m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
I attended my first ever World Seies in 1964. Unfortunately Musial had retired in 1963. That card supposedly depicting a clutch Mantle home run actual shows him whiffing on a Giibson fastball.
Interesting comment but isn't the ball above Mick's left wrist about the height of the railing? Looks to me like Gibson would have better control than that and that Mick would not be swinging - unless that is not a baseball.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Horsehide View Post
Interesting comment but isn't the ball above Mick's left wrist about the height of the railing? Looks to me like Gibson would have better control than that and that Mick would not be swinging - unless that is not a baseball.
The ball is in the catchers mitt, Mantle's home run was hit off of Barney Schultz, not Gibson, even though Gibson is clearly pictured on that card.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Jeff

Quote:

Yep, you get what you are willing to put up with.
In this hobby - that is quite a bit.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 09-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Yep, you get what you are willing to put up with.
In this hobby - that is quite a bit.
and as of now that is about 340 chances to get screwed, so it seems.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/battlefield...p2047675.l2562

Old 09-10-2017, 07:20 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH1030 View Post
My experience with Battlefield was also negative - but much shorter if not sweeter. I purchased a mid 1960s star card - and noticed it was trimmed. It was returned right away and I left neutral feedback to be nice. She only refunded my money after the eBay refund period had expired and then blocked me from further auctions.

eBay letting dishonest sellers like Battlefield and Tripleplayvintage continue on their site while so many other dealers are straight up is a travesty.

Regret being nice now?
Old 09-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

I spread my negative feedbacks over about 2 weeks. Generally I'd wait until there was an auction with nice cards about to end and post one the day before and the day it ended. Doubt it really helped, but it made me feel better. Ha
Old 09-11-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Regret being nice now?

Yes, I do regret being nice to Ms. Battlefield. I should have called her out immediately.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Tony

Quote:
This is the last one I will post. I plan to keep this card even though I see 2 instances of photoshopping, both near the top of the card. I am going to keep it because the card is still in good shape, it will serve as a backup to the '75 set I am 1 card from completing (#660 Hank Aaron, anyone?) and because I only paid $1.72 for it.

If you look at the top of the card, you will see a print dot in the black almost to the edge of the oval. Also if you look in the pink right under the top edge, you will see a print line that looks like a surface scratch. Both are definitely missing from the Battlefield scan (blue background).

Thank you for looking at all of these and offering your opinions. It is much appreciated.

Original Ebay auction description: This card has no creases, 4 strong corners, great centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-MVPS-MI...72.m2749.l2649

PM me your address; I will send you one of these free. Return her's Leave her the feedback she deserves. BUYER BEWARE: PHOTOSHOPS ITEMS; I WOULD NOT BUY FROM AGAIN......

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 09-15-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:45 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
PM me your address; I will send you one of these free. Return her's Leave her the feedback she deserves. BUYER BEWARE: PHOTOSHOPS ITEMS; I WOULD NOT BUY FROM AGAIN......
Great gesture, Cardsnstuff!
Old 09-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Great gesture, Cardsnstuff!
^^+1 There are some great people on here.^^

Jenx34 For cheaper cards like that I like to use COMC to shave on shipping. You can build up as many cards as you want for as long as you want before having them shipped. This can save you a ton of cash on shipping.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:58 AM

Default She Might Be Back Under A New Account Name ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH1030 View Post
Yes, I do regret being nice to Ms. Battlefield. I should have called her out immediately.

Postwar collectors might want to visit the "pre-war" side of the forum today for a possible heads-up....