NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default Game Used? Pro Bowl Football Jerseys

Posted By: David

I know I should ask on the Game Used forums, but I'm not a member, so I figured I'd give it a shot here first. So anyway... a few years ago a local auction house bought the abandoned storage unit of Chris Warren. It had a ton of stuff inside, but I picked up a pair of nicely framed Pro Bowl jerseys. Is there any chance these were game used?

[linked image]

Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

You can join that GU Forum for free....anyways I think there is a very good chance that these could be game worn by Warren (particularly that they came from him)

Old 01-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I'm no game used expert, but know that player provenance is good. A lot of dubious stuff appears out of thin air with no history, while yours is traced to the player. Knowing it belonged to the player is half the battle. The other is researching the specifications, size, photo matches, etc.

If you search google images or gettyimages.com under "chris warren 1995 pro bowl" you will get two good images of him wearing the 1995 jersey. If yours is the real one and the specifications are good, you should be able to photo match it-- which is one of the most prized pieces of evidence in game used. In photo matching, they check to see how the stars and name letters and other details look and line up with other details. In most retails or faked jerseys, there will be obvious differences in letter or number sizes or how the NFL logo lines up on the color, etc. The number on the fake may be to big or the wrong font, the patches may be in different spots than in the photo, or there may be a patch missing. It's a luxury to have good clear pictures of the real jersey for comparison.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Administrator

I haven't had any replies over on the other forum yet, but hopefully I will. I'll check out those pictures and see how they compare. I mean, it is Chris Warren, it would probably cost more to forge a jersey than an actual game used jersey would be worth... haha.

I just wonder if it was one he actually used, or did they maybe give the players an extra jersey for their own use?

Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

That's the question. Since yours belonged to Warren, the only real question is did he have any extras for display purposes.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Administrator

I appreciate the responses. The jerseys definitely look like the ones on getty. I'm not really sure how to procede, since these really aren't worth THAT much even if they are game used.

I wish I had a picture of the other jersey. Without digging it out, I believe it's his 1996 Pro Bowl jersey and it's framed so that the front is visible. There's a plaque with it that says something to the extent that he set the Pro Bowl record for rushing yards in a game. I thought that was interesting so I Googled it. Sure enough he broke the single game Pro Bowl rushing record, but he fails to mention that Marshall Faulk, in the same game, rushed for even more yards.... lol