NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 09-12-2017, 06:48 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Technical Question: Member Mailbox

Is there a way to move 'sent messages' to a titled folder such as 'Sales'?

I can move messages from the inbox, but cannot seem to find a solution for the 'sent' messages.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Raymond

-

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 09-12-2017, 08:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Is there a way to move 'sent messages' to a titled folder such as 'Sales'?

I can move messages from the inbox, but cannot seem to find a solution for the 'sent' messages.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Raymond

-
I haven't tried it but I would assume you can make another message storage folder.....

actually, I just looked again and I made 2 folders, one for tests and the other for other messages, in my private message section. And for those things I have no more privileges than any other member...so you should be able to create other folders there....

Last edited by Leon; 09-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:36 AM

With the SENT MESSAGES section up. these are the only options I see in the drop-down menu for SELECTED MESSAGES:

DELETE

MARK AS READ

MARK AS UNREAD

DOWNLOAD AS XML

DOWNLOAD AS CSV

DOWNLOAD AS TEXT

with this as my terrain, how do I create a new folder or send selected message to a particular existing folder

Thanks,
Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 09-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Brandon V.

That is normal behavior for vBulletin. Weird but normal.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSeven View Post
Well, that's certainly not any help.

Thanks

Old 09-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Brandon V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Well, that's certainly not any help.

Thanks
Just the bearer of bad news!

It's been a feature request for a while in the forum software. I know that.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:59 AM

Thanks for clarifying.

Very Frustrating.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 AM
Andy S@ld@n@

Quote:
Not too sure what you mean about this. But I did exactly what Leon stated to do and was able to create a folder.

Simply click on the Private Messages link. Then on the left side look for "edit folders" and click on that. Once you are in this area, there is an option to "add new folder".

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Last edited by slinger23; 09-14-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:25 AM
Brandon V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger23 View Post
Not too sure what you mean about this. But I did exactly what Leon stated to do and was able to create a folder.

Simply click on the Private Messages link. Then on the left side look for "edit folders" and click on that. Once you are in this area, there is an option to "add new folder".

Hope this helps. It worked for me.
Did you move a PM from your Inbox or from "Sent Items"?

"Sent Items" is considered a special folder with this limitation.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:48 AM
Andy S@ld@n@

Quote:
Did you move a PM from your Inbox or from "Sent Items"?

"Sent Items" is considered a special folder with this limitation.
Aha! Important point that I clearly missed. Now I understand. It only allows a move from the inbox and not "sent folder". Thank you for clearing that up for me!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Brandon V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger23 View Post
Aha! Important point that I clearly missed. Now I understand. It only allows a move from the inbox and not "sent folder". Thank you for clearing that up for me!
eBay seems to have similar logic. I've never understood why I can't delete messages from my "Trash".
Old 09-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Vbulletin is the best s/w for forums that we could find. It isn't perfect. I am still working on moving PMs to different folders....

Here is their blurb on it...

Private Message Folders

By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the Inbox and the Sent Items folders.

The Inbox folder contains any new messages you receive, and allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent the message to you, and the date and time the message was sent.

The Sent Items folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy of the message for future reference.

You may create additional folders for your messages by clicking the 'Edit Folders' link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them completely. You may also have a button which allows you to forward multiple messages from a folder to another member of the forum.

You will need to periodically delete old messages, as there is a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed the number of messages, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old messages.

Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply to the message, or forward that message to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your buddy list.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Brandon V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Vbulletin is the best s/w for forums that we could find.
I'll agree with you 100% on that.

Last edited by MrSeven; 09-14-2017 at 11:47 AM.