NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > CardTarget.com > Cardtarget.com - General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Matt Wieder

Default Grand Slam Bids Beta

We are excited to announce that GrandSlamBids.com is (finally) ready for Beta use. Mostly based on your feedback, we have made over 100 functional changes since our "alpha" phase 4 months ago, and at this point, believe we have all major functionality that we need in the software. Once started, we expect our Beta phase to be fully functional and last at least 45 days, to be followed very closely by our full open.

We plan to make a more widespread announcement about being open for bidding on Wednesday, so, at this time, we invite sellers to come and list on the site (though, of course, you can list after Wednesday as well). The fee to advance schedule a listing has been removed until Wednesday so you can set your listings to start anytime on Wednesday or the weekdays that follow. Additionally, if you have listings in eBay's system, or an eBay "bulk listing" utility, and want to move them to GrandSlamBids, please let us know and we'll let you know what we need so that we can get them into our system for you.

We urge everyone to check out our faq section for answers to some common questions, as well as use the forum for any questions not yet addressed in the faq. The fees we have in place for this Beta phase are further discounted below our regular fee schedule with the goal to attract as many listings as possible. The fees are real and live and are expected to be paid per the site rules.

Anyone who earned a free listing upgrade by either winning or selling an item during our Alpha phase, should go ahead with the upgraded listing and then let us know and we'll adjust your balance appropriately. Sellers get a free "Front Page Featured" listing and winning buyers a free "Category Featured" listing.

As always, please send us any feedback you have, either directly to admin@grandslambids.com, or through the site contact us page. Our success is dependent on your help and we're hoping that together we can make this a success for all of us.

Please understand that this being Beta, we do anticipate some technical issues may occur, but rest assured we will work with you to resolve any issues in a satisfactory manner.

Leon & Matt
http://www.GrandSlamBids.com

Last edited by Matt; 06-08-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Very excited to have a new place to search and bid. Good luck to all, esp. Matt and Leon.

Joshua
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks Joshua

Thanks Joshua...we shall see.

Also, we did have a few hundred folks register in the alpha testing phase and of course if you have registered on the site you won't need to do it again. Thanks again for the well wishes. We hope to be another venue not replace any....
Old 06-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

I hope to be able to kiss Ebay goodbye really soon......this is great news !!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Andy Garden

Default Sound great!

I enjoyed the first go round, and landed a nice card. Thrilled that things are progressing! Hope everything goes smoothly and good luck Leon and Matt!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Steve Yawitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206DK View Post
I hope to be able to kiss Ebay goodbye really soon......this is great news !!
Absolutely! I think eBay's declining appeal has had a more negative impact on the hobby than has the general state of the economy. Best of luck Leon and Matt.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Matt Wieder

Thanks for all the support guys!

We have to charge something to validate that the fee collection system is working, but we are hoping that a .03 listing fee won't deter anyone

Keep the listings coming!

Last edited by Matt; 06-08-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Rob Miller

I also thought the first go round was excellent. I picked up a couple E91Cs which launched my interest in the E91 series. Thanks guys!!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:14 AM

Great news. I've got a couple of T cards that I was going to list on the bay, but instead will list on grandslambids.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Jeff

Fantastic! I hope members don't mind selling internationally to a friendly Canadian!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Todd C

That is great news ! I was able to get a card from the first testing phase.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Matt Wieder

Default Promotion Announcement

We wanted to clarify that currently, the site is 100% open for sellers to go & create listings. This is a time where you can go create listings and get them looking as you would like before there is much bidder traffic.

Additionally, we are excited to announce a promotion in conjunction with our launch of Beta. For any listing that start from now through Sunday, all insertion fees and most listing upgrades are free*!

As always, if you have any questions, please email us at admin@grandslambids.com

*Front page and category featured upgrades excluded. Discounted "end of auction" fees are still in place.

Last edited by Matt; 06-08-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
R Dixon

Default Awesome

Great news guys
Old 06-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Paul

Default Issues with new listing

If you decide to try to see if an "Additional Category" makes sense, and then decide it doesn't. How do you remove it? I tried making the Additional Category the same, and it wouldn't work.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 06-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Matt Wieder

Good catch Paul - we'll need to add a button there for those who change their mind. For now, you can complete your listing (just pick any 2nd category) and I'll remove it for you afterward.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Paul

Nevermind. Figured it out.

@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 06-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Good catch Paul - we'll need to add a button there for those who change their mind. For now, you can complete your listing (just pick any 2nd category) and I'll remove it for you afterward.
Thanks. I just made it "Baseball - Other" ...no need to remove that.

@SignedT206
Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Matt Wieder

Did you create is as a "Home Page Featured" item?

If you've got more questions, it's probably better to either post in the GSB forum, or email us.

Last edited by Matt; 06-08-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Steve Yawitz

Just gave it a whirl - two thumbs up on the relative ease of listing items!

Last edited by yawie99; 06-08-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Pup6913

Great job guys. Glad to have another resource. Just concerned when the other people find it and start slapping up the 1000"s of 2-20x's BINs. Is there something in place to allow reasonability?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Great job guys. Glad to have another resource. Just concerned when the other people find it and start slapping up the 1000"s of 2-20x's BINs. Is there something in place to allow reasonability?
Andrew - thanks for the kind words - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it - we have spoken about it and have some ideas.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Pup6913

Thanks Matt that is good to hear that it already has been addressed. Well I can't wait for the site to be full blown. Best of Luck.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default testing and live now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Thanks Matt that is good to hear that it already has been addressed. Well I can't wait for the site to be full blown. Best of Luck.

Pup- Thanks for the well wishes. There are some nice cards up right now with no reserves and $1.00 starting prices. Someone might get some great deals on several-hundred dollar cards..... It will be a good test of the system. Many more cards will be added soon too, so please do check back.....This forum is the best place to ask any questions. One thing we will make a little more known is the fact that ALL bidders will be seen when the auctions end. Matt and I really feel that will help with preventing shill bidding. regards
Old 06-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Rich Rockwood

Been waiting for a better site to sell cards for ages. I'm going to test it to sell a card soon!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
Been waiting for a better site to sell cards for ages. I'm going to test it to sell a card soon!

Thanks again Rich...as a reminder to folks...if you fill out your "about me" page on the site, there is a place for your ebay id...and it is a direct link to your feedback there. It's a pretty nice feature to let folks know you have been around.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:05 AM
FredYoung

Very good suggestion Leon!

Any other little tidbits of info like this would be appreciated! Most often those are the kind of things one would never know--or even discover maybe for months!!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hey Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
Very good suggestion Leon!

Any other little tidbits of info like this would be appreciated! Most often those are the kind of things one would never know--or even discover maybe for months!!
A few other things would be to be sure to use the snipe function which is built into the software, if sniping is what you prefer? I won't be bidding on the site but if I were I would definitely use it. I almost always snipe on the bay....

Another one of the things I really like about the software is that you can search on the # of bids....and....

The little arrows above each column do a really good job of quick glances of what's new, highest price, # of bids etc......It is a fairly intuitive search system and I am still learning a little bit myself....

So far so good...Keep the feedback coming.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default in going through listed items....

I want to point out one other really nice benefit to the site. When going through the things you have for sale you can see how many snipes are set. You can't see the snipes themselves....but I know one of my items has 0 bids but there is 1 snipe and another has multiple bids and 5 snipes set.....It's a really neat feature I thought I would mention. Thanks again to those that have given GSB a try. I will update this section as I see and think of stuff that is neat.. ...best regards
Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 AM

Hello,

I'm intrigued by this new auction site for sports cards; it's the first I've seen of it. However, I'm having trouble searching for professionally graded cards. Somehow, someway, I managed to return only five results for graded cards (basically consisting of the ones listed in on the first page of the baseball card auctions...T206s and a Pinkerton) but I can't even recreate that search. Am I missing something? What's the best way to restrict the search to professionally graded cards?

Anyway, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the site. Would love an alternative to eBay.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIN at VCP View Post
Hello,

I'm intrigued by this new auction site for sports cards; it's the first I've seen of it. However, I'm having trouble searching for professionally graded cards. Somehow, someway, I managed to return only five results for graded cards (basically consisting of the ones listed in on the first page of the baseball card auctions...T206s and a Pinkerton) but I can't even recreate that search. Am I missing something? What's the best way to restrict the search to professionally graded cards?

Anyway, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the site. Would love an alternative to eBay.
Thanks for checking it out. Right now there is a bit of a lull with my technical partner away for another week. After that we should pick up some marketing activities and the site should become quite a bit more active. There have already been some nice sales and a few nice deals.

There seems to be a small glitch in that search function right now and a note has been made. We are in a last "beta" test right now, for the whole site. Even though some folks don't understand what developing a very robust software takes, we are moving along quite nicely, and will be in final production in a few weeks or so. The site is about 97% as it is....and we will knock the other 3% out very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience on this, for the moment, but it will be fixed in the near future. Please do keep checking back. We are cautiously optimistic. regards

Last edited by Leon; 07-15-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Daryl

Default query prob

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that some SQL threw an exception on the site; it says that the "probid_custom_fields_data" table crashed. It happened after I searched "T206" and clicked on the only search result.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Thanks

Thanks Daryl
We found that this evening also. We are working on it and thanks a ton for letting us know. If you or anyone else sees something like that please keep letting us know. In the next few weeks we have commitments for quite a few listings...so please keep checking back. We are also working some situations where, since it's so much cheaper to buy on GSB than ebay, the prices for some things will be less than on GSB AND the seller will still make more money. So, we hope you keep checking back. The auction that went off last night was pretty darned close to what the market value would have been, even if sold on the bay, I believe. Thanks again and regards...

Last edited by Leon; 09-07-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that some SQL threw an exception on the site; it says that the "probid_custom_fields_data" table crashed.
Thanks - it has been resolved.