NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Paul Lehr

That's pretty funny, Irv!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Steven H.

Since everyone pitched in on a nice gift for Chris I think we all deserve thank you cards. I'll take a '56 Mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pre-1950 Cuban Cards: Focus on Billiken, Macionales, & Aguilitas
Old 04-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Bill Boyd

Steven,
That's an idea.

billyb
Old 04-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Chris Wood

UNBELIEVABLE! I am blown away! Best news in a very long time. Thanks to Graig for agreeing to this and to Bill for organization - and to everyone who joined it to make it a possibility. This is my third such raffle and I too was a mere body or two away before, so I know how it feels.

I apologize for not monitoring this closely at the end. I just got home from work and put my lovely 15 month old daughter to bed and jumped into helping my wife (also very lovely) finish packing for our inter-provincial move happening on Friday. We are moving from Calgary to Vancouver and I also had my last day at work today.

What a week this is already!

I will certainly post the steps in the process all along but I need a few days to get the move out of the way.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by baseball tourist; 04-27-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:16 PM

BBT the good news is you won. The bad news is that with the exchange rate, you won a 4x6.

Can't wait to see the chosen image. Blessings to you in your move!

Last edited by Dewey; 04-27-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Paul Herbener

Congrats Chris! Jealous!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 PM
Jeremy W.

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing what you pick.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 PM
Bill Boyd

Chris,
Sounds as if you have a lot on the table right now.

Do you have any ideas, as to who you subject may be for you painting. If you are not sure, I am sure there are a few here who can give some suggestions.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Joe

Congrats Chris, and good luck with the move.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Chris,
Sounds as if you have a lot on the table right now.

Do you have any ideas, as to who you subject may be for you painting. If you are not sure, I am sure there are a few here who can give some suggestions.
Hi Bill -

I have a few ideas but nothing set in stone. Looking forward to getting some input.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:06 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagesportscollector View Post
Congrats Chris, and good luck with the move.
Thanks Joe!
Old 04-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Congrats Chris!
Thanks Scott!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:33 AM
John Mavroudis

Congrats, Chris!!

Since you asked for ideas... you could go for this... I'd LOVE to see Keindler's take on this one:

or... since you're from Canada...how about John McGraw, Christie Mathewson and Joe Thornton lifting the Stanley Cup that the Sharks will win this year?

You're welcome!

www.zenpop.com
Old 04-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default The Canadian will go with a Canadian

Either go with Joey Votto or this guy:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gr.JPG (21.2 KB, 374 views)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Mike

Congrats Chris!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Chris Wood

Thanks Mike and everyone for their kind congrats and good-natured, Canuck-themed pokes and suggestions.

Despite a crazy schedule (for both of us) Graig and I were able to have a kick-off chat and with a tad more feedback (helping me to rule out some ideas) I will be delighted to post some possible images for the board's feedback.

I look forward to sharing this experience via the threads with anyone who finds it interesting. Thanks again for the participation and kind kudos!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Bill Boyd

Chris,
Any updates? Have any subjects in mind? Are you staying with baseball related?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 PM
D@le Irv*n

If I won, I was considering one of these if, Graig hadn't painted it already?

Tons of choices out there but it would be a great feeling knowing whatever you pick is going to be put to canvas by Graig.

Last edited by irv; 04-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Pete Sycks

I think a good unibrow Wally Moon would look good
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moon-wally-image.jpg (16.5 KB, 204 views)

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 04-29-2016, 09:13 PM

Huge congrats, Chris! This is awesome for you.

If it were me, I'd keep your dialogue between Graig & you private (what painting you're selecting, size, etc), until, and only if, you wish to share your selected painting with the board. To me, it would be a very personal and private thing, once you open it up to the board for opinions, it'll be a free for all. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Bill Boyd

MVSNYC,

MVS, most who participated, feel a connection with Chris's painting. If he is having any trouble at selecting a photo for his painting, there are many here that would be willing to share their photos and ideas with Chris. Yes he can keep it personal if he wishes, especially the final decision, but it is that connection between all the members who were involved that makes these paintings from the raffle, very special.
To put icing on the cake for Chris, Graig has in the past, and I assume he will do the same again, he will post updated pictures of Chris's painting, and describe the process of how Graig creates his masterpieces. There is no other painter I know, that provides a series of these photos and description that Chris will be getting, and we get to see the process as well. Those pictures are collectible as well and something Chris can share with family and friends when they admire the painting in amazement.
MVS, we started these raffles for the purpose of thanking all the Net54 members, who are the best watch dogs in our sports collectible hobby. One gets to win this painting, the rest at least get the feeling of helping to create it. If it was not for all, the painting would not exist.

billyb

Last edited by billyb; 04-29-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:32 PM

Billy, you missed my point...I agree with most of what you said...I know Graig, as well as own an example of his work (which is fantastic). I always love seeing the progress and process of his paintings, as they unfold. I'd LOVE to see that here as well, if Chris is willing to have that shared with us.

My point was, the selection process is something very special and personal (and potentially private). It can be overwhelming to have hundreds (literally) of opinions flying in about what to have Graig paint...THAT part of it, IMO, is the special and very personal part...If he choses to open that up to the board, cool, but I was just warning him that they'll be tons of opinions, and I'm not so sure I'd want that if it were me.

ETA: The raffle was a lot of fun, and a very cool thing for Graig & you to do. Thank you for organizing.

Last edited by MVSNYC; 04-29-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Chris,
Any updates? Have any subjects in mind? Are you staying with baseball related?
Moving is exhausting! I didn't physically shift our furniture etc to Vancouver but I did fly with my 15-month old daughter and 16 year old cat while my wife drove the 11 hour, 700 mile route through the Rockies (with a childhood friend and a few precious items in our car - for the road trip experience of it all).

"Camping"' in the new place until Wednesday when the truck with our stuff arrives. I apologize to all for being less available than one might be after such a win - but I assure you that I am extremely excited about this turn of good luck and ready to dive in to process with the board coming along with me.

First I must share a shot of Vancouver taken a few blocks from my new home.

Last edited by baseball tourist; 05-27-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:51 PM
Bill Boyd

MVS,
Yea, I went a little overboard with my response. But in the first two raffles, the responses were not overwhelming, and once the subject was announced, most of the photos were of the subject that the winners chose, giving them additional choices.
Chris is free then to discuss any photos he will see, with Graig, and the final decision, will be in private, between Chris and Graig. I too recommend to Chris, to make his final decision, in private with Graig.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Billy, you missed my point...I agree with most of what you said...I know Graig, as well as own an example of his work (which is fantastic). I always love seeing the progress and process of his paintings, as they unfold. I'd LOVE to see that here as well, if Chris is willing to have that shared with us.

My point was, the selection process is something very special and personal (and potentially private). It can be overwhelming to have hundreds (literally) of opinions flying in about what to have Graig paint...THAT part of it, IMO, is the special and very personal part...If he choses to open that up to the board, cool, but I was just warning him that they'll be tons of opinions, and I'm not so sure I'd want that if it were me.

ETA: The raffle was a lot of fun, and a very cool thing for Graig & you to do. Thank you for organizing.
I appreciate what you are saying and also what Bill has illustrated about being inclusive and transparent as well.

I expect to get some thoughtful comments and great suggestions and believe that I will raise some eyebrows with at least one of my options under consideration(pls see my next post for more on that). I look forward to it all
and after having had a great conversation with Graig I am even more determined to pick a subject that resonates with me and one that I will enjoy each and every time I view it.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:55 PM
Bill Boyd

Chris,
Looking at that picture, you have no phone, all the telephone poles are still laying on the ground.....LOL

Just kidding, that looks great. Looks like you are going to like the new location.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:00 PM

"...and after having had a great conversation with Graig I am even more determined to pick a subject that resonates with me and one that I will enjoy each and every time I view it."

And that's what it's all about, Chris.

Enjoy the process. Share what you wish.

Last edited by MVSNYC; 04-29-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Bill Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
"...and after having had a great conversation with Graig I am even more determined to pick a subject that resonates with me and one that I will enjoy each and every time I view it."

And that's what it's all about, Chris.

Enjoy the process. Share what you wish.

I couldn't agree more
Old 04-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
If I won, I was considering one of these if, Graig hadn't painted it already?

Tons of choices out there but it would be a great feeling knowing whatever you pick is going to be put to canvas by Graig.
I like your style Irv!

Perhaps not a surprise to some, I am looking to ask Graig to paint a Toronto Blue Jays image. I grew up in Toronto and have been a Jays fan for 40 years (my Dad took me the team's first ever game in 1977 - i will post pics of my ticket stub and program when my belongings arrive); and worked at the SkyDome/Rogers Centre for over 15 years.

I love baseball. If it's Miami at Milwaukee - and I'm in town - I'm there! Slugfests, pitchers duels, extra innings, Spring Training....love it! I love the sights and sounds, the smells, the cadence of the game and the history.

While there are dozens of paintings of Graig's that I would be humbled to own and each portraying a subject from the pantheon of baseball - Ruth, Aaron, Gerhig, Robinson, Mays - amazing, but when I ask myself these questions - "Can I have a Yankee/Red Sox on my wall and enjoy it?" or "What connection do I have to Mathewson or Cobb?" - I answer "no" and "very little". I know that it may not be a popular choice - but it has to be a Blue Jay. Best part? Graig is into it too!

I have a short list and would love to hear the board's feedback. If you know of any other angles of these images pls share. Likewise if you think Dave Stieb's no-hitter should be considered - I'm all ears. If you hate the idea, that's OK too. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Joe Carter ends the 1993 WS with one swing. I was there!

Devo's Catch in Game 3 of 1992 WS (it was a triple play and I don't care what the umps said!). To note: I own the jersey Devon was wearing

Bell clinched the first AL East Pennant in '85 (missed this game but was at Game 7 of the ALCS - damn you Jim Sundberg)

Bautista's Flip - 2015 ALDS. I know, a lot of people think he disrespected everyone including the Pope, but I and many of my fellow Jays fans see it clearly as a cathartic wiping away of 22 years of playoff drought. Also, I collect Jose specifically and have a jersey, bat, and 75% of his career HR game tix)

Let me hear ya!

Last edited by baseball tourist; 05-27-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
I like your style Irv!

Perhaps not a surprise to some, I am looking to ask Graig to paint a Toronto Blue Jays image. I grew up in Toronto and have been a Jays fan for 40 years (my Dad took me the team's first ever game in 1977 - i will post pics of my ticket stub and program when my belongings arrive); and worked at the SkyDome/Rogers Cente for over 15 years.

I love baseball. If it's Miami at Milwaukee - and I'm in town - I'm there! Slugfests, pitchers duels, extra innings, Spring Training....love it! I love the sights and sounds, the smells, the cadence of the game and the history.

While there are dozens of paintings of Graigs that I would be humbled to own and each portraying a subject from the pantheon of baseball - Ruth, Aaron, Gerhig, Robinson, Mays - amazing, but when I ask myself these questions - "Can I have a Yankee, Red Sox on my wall and enjoy it?" or "What connection do I have to Mathewson or Cobb?" - I answer "no" and "very little". I know that it may not be a popular choice - but it has to be a Blue Jay. Best part? Graig is into it too!

I have a short list and would love to hear the board's feedback. If you know of any other angles of these images pls share. Likewise if you think Dave Stieb's no-hitter should be considered - I'm all ears. If you hate the idea, that's OK too. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Devo's Catch in Game 3 of 1992 WS (it was a triple play and I don't care what the umps said!). To note: I own the jersey Devon was wearing

Bell clinched the first AL East Pennant in '85 (missed this game but wa at Game 7 of the ALCS - damn you Jim Sundberg)

Bautista's Flip - 2015 ALDS. I know, a lot of people think he disrespected everyone including the Pope, but I and many of my fellow Jays fans see it clearly as a cathartic wiping away of 22 years of playoff drought. Also, I collect Jose specifically and have a jersey, bat, and 75% of his career HR game tix)

Let me hear ya!
I really like that top picture of Joe Carter. It would be an amazing paining.

With owning the jersey Devo was wearing in the picture of his catch it would also be nice. It would be a great combo displayed next to each other.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Bill Boyd

Chris,
You are one avid Blue Jay fan, or I should say passionate fan. I think you are making a great choice. When a fan is as dedicated as you are, how can it be another team. This is all about making a dream come true, this is yours, enjoy.
How many Blue Jays photos are out there?
Old 04-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Chris - Congratulations and I hope you really enjoy the resulting masterpiece Graig will create for you!

IMHO, a Joe Carter reaction shot HAS to be the selection.

As a Braves' fan, I would deem it a great favor if you would call as little attention as possible to the 1992 series...the 1993 World Series is the one you want!

We're all looking forward to seeing the results...thanks for sharing the process with us.

-Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

With owning the jersey Devo was wearing in the picture of his catch it would also be nice. It would be a great combo displayed next to each other.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Thanks Ben. I like this version a lot as well

Old 04-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Chris,
You are one avid Blue Jay fan, or I should say passionate fan. I think you are making a great choice. When a fan is as dedicated as you are, how can it be another team. This is all about making a dream come true, this is yours, enjoy.
How many Blue Jays photos are out there?
Thanks Bill. There are some nice images/events - Alomar with his arms up from the 1993 ALCS; Singer's first pitch in 1977; 1992 WS clinch mob; Winfield kills a seagull
Old 04-30-2016, 11:04 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post

As a Braves' fan, I would deem it a great favor if you would call as little attention as possible to the 1992 series...the 1993 World Series is the one you want!

-Raymond
Thanks Raymond! I don't know if the world is ready for "Wild Thing's" mullet to be captured on canvas for posterity
Old 04-30-2016, 11:39 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

While I like that first picture of Carter, I would probably go for this one. I just love the motion within the stillness of the photo. Plus the ball being there is pretty cool as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joe-CARTER.jpg (53.6 KB, 339 views)

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
While I like that first picture of Carter, I would probably go for this one. I just love the motion within the stillness of the photo. Plus the ball being there is pretty cool as well.
Thanks Mark. Strangely, I have never really pondered the batting images from Joe's HR at bat. I think that it is that I am so drawn to the joy he exudes when he leaves the box.

Last edited by baseball tourist; 05-01-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Jim Murphy

Being from Philly, that is a sad picture
Old 05-01-2016, 06:44 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball tourist View Post
I like your style Irv!

Perhaps not a surprise to some, I am looking to ask Graig to paint a Toronto Blue Jays image. I grew up in Toronto and have been a Jays fan for 40 years (my Dad took me the team's first ever game in 1977 - i will post pics of my ticket stub and program when my belongings arrive); and worked at the SkyDome/Rogers Centre for over 15 years.

While there are dozens of paintings of Graigs that I would be humbled to own and each portraying a subject from the pantheon of baseball - Ruth, Aaron, Gerhig, Robinson, Mays - amazing, but when I ask myself these questions - "Can I have a Yankee, Red Sox on my wall and enjoy it?" or "What connection do I have to Mathewson or Cobb?" - I answer "no" and "very little". I know that it may not be a popular choice - but it has to be a Blue Jay. Best part? Graig is into it too!

Let me hear ya!
Lots of great choices out there, Chris, and you and others have shown many great options/pieces, but my personal choice would be the one I posted that you commented on.

I wrote some time ago, that if I won, I would choose the 1958 Topps Mantle/Aaron Batting foes pic, but then it got me thinking, has Graig painted any Jay's players or Jay's moments?

Picking any pic from their world series wins would be awesome, but picking one from their first would be best imo.

Not an easy task, but good luck.

(Just some more to look at https://www.google.ca/search?q=toron...sAQIGg&dpr=1.5)
Old 05-01-2016, 08:08 PM

A screenshot from a cool angle. But the joy of Joe Carter running the bases is infectious indeed. You'd smile walking past it every day.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Dewey - that's WAY COOL!!!

outta be a finalist at least.

- but I still think a reaction shot is best. IMHO

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 05-02-2016, 08:10 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I like the one that shows Carter from the back with his arms raised and with Morandini (?) leaving the field. That is an awesome shot.

Tom C
Old 05-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Peter Spaeth

Whatever you choose has to have a good shot of his face or what's the point?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Whatever you choose has to have a good shot of his face or what's the point?
I tend to agree, but do like all the images posted.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:57 PM

Congratulations Chris!!!! I agree with Tom C's choice with Carter's back and Mickey Morindini walking off. That shot really captures the emotion of the moment. As a lifelong Phillies fan (since 1963) it really conjures up some bad memories. Thanks a lot......

Seriously, which ever shot you choose you won't be disappointed in the result. I'm fortunate to own several of Graig's paintings and the pictures don't do them justice. Graig' the best and you'll cherish and enjoy your painting for many years to come.

All the best.

Mike G
Old 05-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPG View Post
Congratulations Chris!!!! I agree with Tom C's choice with Carter's back and Mickey Morindini walking off. That shot really captures the emotion of the moment. As a lifelong Phillies fan (since 1963) it really conjures up some bad memories. Thanks a lot......

Seriously, which ever shot you choose you won't be disappointed in the result. I'm fortunate to own several of Graig's paintings and the pictures don't do them justice. Graig' the best and you'll cherish and enjoy your painting for many years to come.

All the best.

Mike G
Thanks Mike! I appreciate it. In honour of the Jays playing Texas at home for the first time since Game 5 of the ALDS...

https://vine.co/v/eEPAEV7FgFi

Last edited by baseball tourist; 05-02-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Chris Wood

Default Picked my image....

Thanks for responses, ideas and comments everyone!

I have had some great chats/emails with Graig and really thought long and hard about my choices. In the end, I think that I will surprise a few of you - but pls understand that this image means a lot to me (I'll explain below).

It was down to Joe Carter, '93 WS HR "trot" OR Jose Bautista's emphatic bat flip, 2015 ALDS.

I've decided to go with Joey instead of Joe

I would be ecstatic with a Joe Carter image but when I look back at last season and how I had something to cheer about after over two decades of zero playoff baseball. I didn't miss a game (live or PVR) and despite a 4 hour flight, attended two regular season and two ALDS games and I was able to get into the fun with my daughter (she has a Bautista doll and at 8 months, could search for it by name - pls see photo below). Also included is a photo of my wife Katie with Millie and "friends" during the 2016 season opener (it was an early Sat in Calgary - pls excuse the PJs).

Even though it looks like Jose won't be re-signed at the end of this year (which I realize is a business decision, but like Carter, Alomar, Bell, Delgado etc, he deserves to have a place with the Jays greats) what he did while a Jay has been very special. Two HR titles, 54 bombs in 2010. Really the only star for a long while. I also have a modest Bautista player collection that this will go great with.

Carter's HR now, when looking back, seems like a cherry on top of a sundae that I couldn't finish. An embarrassment of riches from 1985-1993. All those great moments from that run blend into one pleasant memory. Bautista gave me a fresh one to hang on to and pass along to my daughter.

Last edited by baseball tourist; 05-08-2016 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:47 AM

The selection over Joe and the bat flip itself-- a bit unorthodox. I love it! There's no need for you to explain your decision, but I'm glad for the insight. I totally get it. I was harboring the idea, if I won, to pic an image from the Dodgers victory over the Cardinals in the 2004 NLDS. It was their first playoff win since 1988 World Series and I watched it in the labor and delivery suite with my wife and our child born an hour before the game. A good day! It just goes to show that so many factors play into these wonderfully personal choices. You're gonna enjoy that bat flip for a long, long time.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
The selection over Joe and the bat flip itself-- a bit unorthodox. I love it! There's no need for you to explain your decision, but I'm glad for the insight. I totally get it. I was harboring the idea, if I won, to pic an image from the Dodgers victory over the Cardinals in the 2004 NLDS. It was their first playoff win since 1988 World Series and I watched it in the labor and delivery suite with my wife and our child born an hour before the game. A good day! It just goes to show that so many factors play into these wonderfully personal choices. You're gonna enjoy that bat flip for a long, long time.
Thanks Dewey! I appreciate it!
Old 05-06-2016, 12:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

That pic, celebration will go down in infamy.

Great choice!

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Congrats again, fellow Canuck.