NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Default Don't the "Heroes" who criminally tampered..

Posted By: Dr.Koos

with a National auction wish to come forward and take their rightful credit for their bid retractions. As I thought..GUTLESS. Unfortunately, I DO take it personally. You think THAT'S tampering? Guess again.

Old 08-08-2002, 08:51 PM
Administrator

...comic as well, or do I have your permission to auction that? This was a team effort to dictate what a seller is allowed to, or not allowed to sell, plain and simple. I hope that no one on this Board ever intends to auction one of their nickel and dime items without asking MY permission first. I, or any of the 100 or so Ebay associates I'm familiar with, might have issue with YOUR item.
Watch for the next Jackson auction. Give THIS one a try too, guys. The worst part of it was the slap in my face of actually TAMPERING with my auction. NOW, the kid gloves are off and I'm EAGER to FAR exceed all of your expectations of me. NOW, let's play some chess, since NONE of you are man enough for a good game of squash.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Go right ahead and do it, that post will be used to support the fact that you made these threats.

And you really think you are the smarter than everyone else?

Jay

Old 08-09-2002, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Retracting a bid against an unmet reserve because, "You didn't see that it was in a Pro holder"? I've already SPOKEN to Ebay about the OBVIOUS tampering. Three of you with the same eye problems! They KNOW what the intentions were and they're just about as happy as me about it. Expect revoked priviledges very soon. Don't worry Jay, there's always Amazon.

Old 08-09-2002, 01:29 AM
Administrator

So far, all you've done is talk, talk, talk and make idle threats.

I've been on eBay for 5 years and really doubt eBay really responded this soon with any sort of response other than automated. Getting real customer service from a real person from eBay is about as likely as finding teeth on a hen. About the only way it happens is if happen to live the SF Bay Area and go to their offices, and even then they stonewall you there too. I know. I've tried.

Jay

Old 08-09-2002, 05:18 AM
Administrator

...escalate your vendetta with me? By tampering with ALL of my auctions. Then by all means Jay...I'll keep putting up auctions, cards, comics, whatever...and YOU keep on tampering with them. That is the game plan, isn't it?

Old 08-09-2002, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: LargeCharles

and new to card collecting as well. I've been reading this forum as well as others that focus on cards.I have read everything that I can find concerning Dr. Koos and The Mantle Card as well as The Jackson. As a matter of interest, I have also read post from comic forums. So sad for me to think that if I'm ripped off somewhere in the future that I may become the target of people that I have no business dealings with, no personal relationship with and basically nothing more than a common interest in this wonderful hobby. In reading the hundreds of post on the few forums I frequent, I don't seem to find anyone that has actually dealt with Dr.Koos. I did find someone on a comic forum who was not satisfied and got a refund.

Again, I am new here, I have no personal interest here and,certainly with this being my first post here, I'm not likely to make many new friends here.How many folks here have had bad business dealings with Dr.Koos?
How many people here have just jumped into a smear campaign against a man that they really don't know?When I first began reading all these forums,I just wanted to learn more about this hobby. Instead, I found myself reading all of this trash and beginning to think that I must "BEWARE OF KOOS", like he was gonna do a home invasion at my house and force me to buy an alterd card or something.How much of all of this negativity is based on truth and how much is each post a facet of some kind of fecal juggarnaut? This man has private auctions. If I had all these folks chasing me around as if on a witchhunt, I would have private auctions too. How many altered cards can anyone here say that they KNOW have been sold by Dr. Koos? I'm not looking to start anything with anyone. I'm not a friend of anyone here and again ,after this post probably never will be.Because I am new to all of this,please, anyone that can enlighten me on cards, business dealings,Bad traders,I want so much to learn and do well.What I feel that I have learned most though, is that if I want to be a part of the card collecting community, I'd better watch my back.If I get ripped off, I may be deemed a crook.That there are people out there that will interefere with my business dealings on Ebay. Why, after all of that, would one want to even think of collecting and dealing online? I may be misinformed but, from everything I've read, Dr. Koos has done absolutely NOTHING outside of what is allowed on Ebay. I see daily,people who blatantly mislead for the purposes of fraud on Ebay.Why not concentrate on them? It seems to me that this man has been singled out for whatever reason, by folks that should be applauding his efforts to stop some of the fraud existing in this hobby. Since his single loss probably exceeds what most of us will spend this year on cards, why not empathize with this brother and offer support to bring those who are truly to blame, to justice? Again, maybe I'm misinformed, Doe anyone here have factual proof that Dr, Koos has sold altered cards or misrepresented cards? If so please show me and the rest of the confused newbies.
Thanks
LC

Old 08-09-2002, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Moreland

I would be angry because the comments they left in their bid retraction warn people off of the auction.

One of the advantages of being a power seller is that they give you an email address you can use to get decent support, one with an actual person who answers the emails.

If I were you, I'd send email to that alias and see if I could get eBay to delete the auction entirely, because it's spoiled because of the retraction comments, and refund the fees. Then I'd start over.

It's uncertain from reading the comments as to whether someone did this to you on purpose, or whether you just got random nonsense from the kind of people who would be confused enough to bid on a PRO card.

Regardless, the auction is wrecked.

I'd hope that the people who read this group wouldn't be so petty that they be behind this. However anyone feels about these auctions, it's not clear that Dr. Koos is doing anything wrong. Anyone who tries to wreck an auction is doing something wrong.

For whatever reason, eBay seems to take this kind of stuff pretty seriously. I had a pretty low feedback guy back out of an auction with a half-hour to go, after he had been high-bidder for most of the week, and while the high bid didn't drop much, the second bidder was suspicious of what was going on, and he backed out on the transaction. I complained to Safe Harbor that the first guy should be asked to be more careful with his bidding, and asked to realize that a bid retraction costs the seller money, time, and possibly a customer, and they NARU'd him.

bruce

Old 08-09-2002, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Sorry your introduction to this group is in the middle of the this mess. This really is a very good board with lots of friendly knowledgable people. Don't this this inceident turn you off to this board. It will go away.

As for the Doktor, here's sort of Readers Digest Condensed VErsion of what's happened:

Doktor shows up and annoys some people.

Doktor tells story about some not so intelligent purchases because he didn't do some basic research before making a significant purchase, such as the Mantle and gains some sympathy from people here and people actually start to sidde with him.

All is a good for a long time.

Doktor offers Mantle for sale with a less than accurate desccription.

Doktor asked "what's going on, why are you running an auction with a knowlingly fraudulent description?"

His answer, instead of being businesslike and professional (how does a person that owns a business, stay in business acting this way?), was a continuous tirade name calling and subject changing that dodged legit concerns that were being raised about the auction.

Mantle auction was cancelled and his explanation offered.

Doktor continues personal attacks on people in threads that have nothing to do with him or his cards.

Things are still tense but mellowing until the Jackson card is offered.

Instead of learning from his first experience, the Doktor once again falls into the same partern of name calling and threats when asked a very simple question about the auction.

People on this board do not randomly choose to attack someone. Every thing the Doktor did in the Mantle auction was a very serious red flag for eBay fraud; his description of the card was knowingly wrong, his feedback is private and the auction was private. And to top things off, instead of being forthright and open about what was going on, his posting here did nothing more than fuel the specualtion that was trying to rip off some other poor sucker becuase none of his responses did anything to alleviate anyone's concerns about the auction.

99% of this mess could have been avoided had been open about what he was doing or even just kept his mouth shut, right from the begining.

Jay

Old 08-09-2002, 08:40 AM
Administrator

you whine about unfounded accusations against you, then listen to your own words and head them.

You have just accused me of being one of the 3 people retracting their bid on the Jackson. Please provide the evidence that you have for this. I am alawys curious to know what my personalities are up to.

And I can already hear the double speak and prattle coming about you can't because of the pending lawsuit, LMAO!!! I can't wait to get served, then I will have a front and center seat on the action.

As the saying goes, those who live in glass houses...

Note to Charles: The posts in this thread are why people have learned to dislike the Doktor, becuase of threats and implied threats that he has made to me and other people. Is this the way a person that runs a business, let alone has nothing hide acts?

If he truly is an innocent and decent guy, then he is going about showing us this in a total wrong way

Jay

Old 08-09-2002, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Bruce, maybe the board enlisted it's hundreds of fellow eBay friends to do this to cover it's tracks

I would think that is someone was going to do this, it have happened on Mantle auction when things were really heated. It was one of the first ideas that came to mind as a 'out' the cards if I felt like protecting the bidders from themselves.

Jay

Old 08-09-2002, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

We need a friggin glossary for the friggin' acronyms on this friggin' board (sorry, saw the new Austin Powers movie yesterday).

Old 08-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

It's an eBay term---NARU= not a registered user

Old 08-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Administrator

...this has NOTHING to do whatsoever with the card. It's a popularity contest. The card became secondary 300 posts ago. Look at the people that are actually making these remarks. Look at their feedbacks, then look at their posts. Guys like RunScott, JayBehrens and the like have NEVER bid or won on an item of over $500 value. THESE are the tire-kickers that repeatedly bitch and moan about MULTI-THOUSAND DOLLAR CARD AUCTIONS, as if they should even stick their ugly heads out of steerage on their voyage to nowhere let alone comment and tamper with card auctions worth more than what they've spent in their entire existance on cards. The tire-kickers are the most impatient, the most angry and vengeful, the fastest to lash out at someone that IS what they DREAM to be. The source of their frustration is their continued failed attempts at life and they band together like locusts over common causes whether justified or not. OF COURSE they're going to have a problem with someone who can rocket 550+ lbs off their chest when their own attempts at building something that resembles a man produced for them, no results due to their innate weakness. Weak body, weak self-esteem, weak mind. These problems are compounded by my having $$$$$$$$$, and lots of it. Ask the Wentz brothers. Ask about the type of criticism that the lions have to listen to from the jackals. There's two ways to approach life. Either you get up off you ass and TRY. If one man can do it, another can. No excuses. Or the coward's way. Spend your life looking for auctions of items you couldn't afford in three lifetimes and tamper with them in your self-imposed, well deserved misery. Most of these guys should RUN to the library and take out, "Don't shoot yourself in the foot".

Old 08-09-2002, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Dr. Koos, you must learn to eliminate directly dishonest statements about people on this Network. It is unprofessional and slanderous.

I'll use a direct quote from your comment box above to illustrate my point:

"Look at the people that are actually making these remarks. Look at their feedbacks, then look at their posts. Guys like RunScott, JayBehrens and the like have NEVER bid or won on an item of over $500 value."

This is an absolute lie.

Go look at RunScott's feedback. He has only one negative comment in 880 positive transactions. The one that left a negative comment was ridiculous, and that person has over a dozen negative commments himself. Besides that fact, If you go back a mere two weeks, you'll see that Scott bought a card for $780, item # 1840394266. You said above that he "...NEVER bid or won on an item of over $500 value." That is simply another one of your many lies.

Now go look at YOUR feedback, Dr. Koos. Oh, OOOPS!! We can't look at it because you have it hidden/private, just like so many of your auctions. Hiding the truth from people.

Look at MY Feedback. I have 270 positives and Zero Negatives. And, yes, I am also one of the tire-kickers who HAS bought many items/cards over $500.

Dig a hole, dude. Or, be honest from now on...

Old 08-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Since it was brought into question, I want to personally vouch that RunScott has bought and sold many items over $500. I don't know definitively that Jay has, but would be very surprised if that isn't the case for him, also. Let's be honest, most large sportscards transactions do not take place on eBay, they happen mainly in other auctions. If you were to look at my bid history on eBay (which only goes back 3 months) I may not have any transactions over $500, so what does it prove?

Old 08-09-2002, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rodney King (well, actually mike mullins)

"can't we all just get along?"

Old 08-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Old 08-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Administrator

...clear all my auctions with YOU? Who the ---- are you?

Old 08-10-2002, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B C Daniels

only have one negative feedback???? How the heck did he do it?

Old 08-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...(actually, even that one is bogus and not worth mentioning) because he is an honest, fully-disclosing trader. I've done a LOT of trading with Scott, as have several others here...both in auctions and outside of auctions.

Everyone has differing opinions on this board, which I enjoy. But we all love trading cards. Like in any market or enterprise, you have the unfortunates that try to screw people over and rip them off by selling garbage and misrepresenting what they sell. They are shills and fakes, both here and in the rest of their lives.

Scott is not one of those. Simple as that. I've gotten some really cool cards from him for very fair prices, and similarly have traded with several others here on this board. Hey...maybe I'll even get a chance to buy a cool card from you someday, Brian!