NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-03-2002, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Default The auction's over, what's the story?

Posted By: David 

I had been told repeatedly to just wait until the PRO9 Mantle was auction then we'd all hear the story. The auction's over, and we're listening.

Old 08-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Still waiting

Old 08-03-2002, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BCDaniels

E-cards rule however!

good luck boys!

Old 08-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

The ending is - drum roll please:

"...And one more un-informed collector got ripped off. The End."

Old 08-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Williams

now can I have some back....please

Old 08-03-2002, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john(z28jd)

my favorite vintage card is e90 rebel oakes(same pose as other set(s) i think,but i have the e90 only) but lets not change the subject guys,i have a feeling this could be the most popular thread yet(first 100+ posts maybe?)

Old 08-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Williams

the auction was cancelled due to "Overwhelming requests for more scans and info. Will reauction during week off."

Old 08-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Administrator

The next auction must be a double checking of the original test result. Or maybe he's going for a bell curve.

Boy, I'm glad Brian and Leon convinced me to give him the benifit of the doubt. I'll never doubt an eBay seller of PRO or AAA cards again.

Old 08-03-2002, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Koos

...before everyone had weighed in with wild speculations and accusations about ripping people off. The card DIDN'T auction, I have established that I paid at least $12.5K for it, as far as the party is concerned that requested I appraise the card in THIS manner ($15,308..reserve STILL unmet to allow for a 20% margin of error), since I did NOT have a $12,500 CASH receipt, and STILL, I'm the Devil himself before any explanations are forthcoming.

Old 08-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Administrator

It should have been Oh no, Pete.

Old 08-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott (runscott)

You are beginning to sound like an insane man on a witch hunt, with a narcissistic complex, and just an overall MEAN person - and your new name is "RumpDavidian".

I used to like you, but after feeding the data into my "Koos Computer", that's the analysis that was spit out - sorry.

--------------------------------------------
no disclaimer - temporarily taking responsibility for my actions

Old 08-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Administrator

...but I'll let others call you on it. I've wasted too much time in this pissing contest.

Old 08-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

Leon and i were just jawing about you bro!
Are you in reaccumulation mode??? I paid strong money for your collection but it was worth it....I wish i could have got the high SGC grade Fatima card YOU WOULD NOT SELL ME!!! but that's cool. I gambled on a raw one from a NJ lawyer named Ted Oshman that came back SGC 70. They are hyper tough on fatima team cards!

Old 08-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Administrator

...it IS insane to disagree with what I am thinking, because you really have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER. You only THINK you know what I'm thinking, all of the possibilities of which are nefarious and deceitful in your way of thinking, because that is the way YOU are. You are projecting YOUR motives behind your own daily actions and schemes on ME and drawing illogical, insane conclusions based on your whimsy.

Old 08-03-2002, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcDaniels

can you send me your phone number

Cardknowledge@earthlink.net

Old 08-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Administrator

...your profile goes WAY beyond what I've thusfar stated. My only regret is that I can't tell you and the ***** what I REALLY think in complete privacy, face to face.
Very soon, in the near future, as soon as I am no longer required to retain the card for as of now, undisclosable reasons, the PRO Mantle will be consigned to a MAJOR Dealer to be sold as he sees fit to market. And, as his credentials are impeccable, full disclosure will be made about the "story" behind the card, which will either be offered as is, in its Pro Holder, or devoid of it for closer scrutiny. If I were to SELL the card to one of the bidders in the value verification auction I ran, I would NOT be able to consign it elsewhere ASAP. But I WILL be consigning it. The offer was graciously extended to me and I accept it! In that event, effectively rendering EVERY POST that You and Brueso offered...completely meaningless (equivalent to both of your lives).

Old 08-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Administrator

...and THAT really is one of my fantasies

Old 08-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: vorthian

<< ...the party is concerned that requested I appraise the card in THIS manner ($15,308..reserve STILL unmet to allow for a 20% margin of error), since I did NOT have a $12,500 CASH receipt, and STILL... >>

One would think a more accurate "appraisal" would be to let the auction run it's course, instead of ending it pre-maturely.

Lastly, who needs a receipt when you stated that you had a person accompany you? Surely they are credible and can prove the facts surrounding this purchase.

Old 08-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

no hitting on other board members brian,and if anyone gets davids number it should be me!

Old 08-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Moreland

Maybe all he wanted was proof that it could attract legitimate bids for more than he paid for it.

I don't know what he's getting at, but apparently he has a plan. If his plan had been to stick someone with a bad card, I think he could have chosen a better way, like just auctioning the card and letting everyone here scream.

It is hard to imagine that causing more anger here.

bruce

Old 08-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Why don't you guys get on the phone and scream at each other for about five minutes? Would that result in less of this in here?

I think that both of you would probably enjoy it.

bruce

Old 08-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

...but what makes you think his plan is rational? haven't you read the "*******" and "********" posts? This guy is so far out there that whatever plan he has could be based on aliens landing in his back yard.

Best to just leave him alone and be glad it won't affect any of us.

Old 08-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

than those of Koos, I will be sure to do whatever you suggest.

...and thank you for the "holier than thou" stance you've decided to adopt.

Old 08-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Y'all are welcome to email. I'm not a telephone person. The last baseball memorabilia related phone call I had was with Norm Showers, which might explain my lack of attraction to the medium.

I understand that many people prefer to use the telephone (especially the older folks like Brian and Leon), and I know Brian and most people on this board are straightforeward-- but I've found that most people who want to formulate significant deals on the phone beleive that they have have voices and personalities that can persuade anyone to do anything, and/or want everything off the record so they can back out as is convenience. Again, this is not a comment on anyone on this board, but just an obvservation.

Old 08-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Administrator

I don't care about trivial details involving who said what rude thing to who, and in what order. I have four children under ten years old, so I get enough of that in real life.

I'm a newbie here. I'll take everyone at face value until I see them repeatedly picking on someone who repeatedly turns the other cheek. So far I haven't seen anyone turn the other cheek here.

bruce

Old 08-04-2002, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Not suggesting that I am anti-social, if anyone plans on being in Seattle feel free to contact me. I live a brisk walk away from the ocean and you can even meet the famed Dr. Henry. Also, if you have vintage memorabilia of any kind, I love to buy.

Old 08-05-2002, 12:33 AM
Administrator

I'm not going to play this game with you, please find someone else.

bruce

Old 08-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: benge610

Does anyone have an ax that needs grinding I may borrow?

I'll just pop out, take my shot, and hop back in the weeds.

Ben.

Old 08-05-2002, 02:27 AM
Administrator

..now there's TWO analysts and a physician who think you're out of your friggin'(@T-Bob)mind. My acquaintance, Dr.Buzzard and his Savannah Band (name changed to protect the innocent)who had the distinct displeasure of reviewing your excretious outpourings, the Doc of EBay (ME), and Bruce Moreland, my Board colleague, and comrade with a mutually shared goal of waking you and your Oedipussian pal, Bruesome, out of your respective comas. Like they said about the 'Bay of Pigs' (no pun intended RumpScott), "ehhhh..we gave it our best shot, Bruce")

Old 08-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Administrator

There has been an amazing amount of speculation regarding that Mantle auction, as everyone ascribed every conceivable kind of scheme to you. I didn't see any evidence of any of this, so I commented to that effect.

For whatever reason, I do this a lot. I come across complaints about sellers doing weird things, and I look into them, try to understand them, and comment. A lot of people seem to do this kind of thing, so it's not an affliction that affects only me.

None of what I said indicates any personal feelings regarding anyone involved in this. I'm guided by my own compass, and I don't pay much attention to where other people are going.

bruce

Old 08-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Administrator

...to ANYONE for your ability and RIGHT to form your own opinions based on HARD EVIDENCE, or the LACK OF IT. You can think clearly and don't adopt every concept that you hear. You QUESTION and analyze before putting your mouth or fingers in gear. You are your own MAN! With the progression of time, you'll come to realize that you are among the exceptions rather than the rule.

Old 08-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

By the time you got writting this doctrinal statement I could have told you what I wanted to. The reality is tyhat it disclosing a reality check for you I do not wish to put in print. And as far as selling you some historical items,I have some I would have no idea if you wanted them or not.be it the subject matter or price but I do not make lists of these kind of things because I do not collect to sell.I sell when I want money for something else I collect but don't think about the value of items I have accumulated for resale purposes all day.Norm Showers lives with his mother and is TWO grown men.You should have known better.

Old 08-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Administrator

...... Any relation to April Showers?

Old 08-06-2002, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

this borderlines boddily fluid fixation number 44