NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-15-2015, 09:07 AM

Default My Jose Canseco Collection in Videos & Pictures

I'm not sure if this happens to you or not, but quite possibly the highest point for me in picking up a new card for my collection online is NOT actually receiving the card. The highest point happens for me, when I have won it. If someone posts it up as a buy it now or best offer, you have the option to just get it over with, and click the BIN button, potentially overpaying a bit. You also have the option of OBO'ing it and running the risk of someone else grabbing it right from under your nose.

The next option is someone posting a card up you want for auction starting at 99 cents. Under a buck seems so harmless for 6 days, 23 hours and 55 seconds. Then everyone and their brother bids. Before you know it, that little 99 cent bid becomes something that either makes you laugh or cry. For the moments leading up to those last few seconds, you have a choice. Do I go big, or do I go home? How much do I *really* want this card? The card up for auction is a big risk/reward possibility for the seller, because there could be nobody that wants the card, or there could be multiple high rollers duking it out. Depending upon how much you want the card, those last few seconds could get your heart pounding Victory? Time to celebrate! Defeat? Sadness.

I've been on both sides of the fence, as I'm sure you have too. The point for this post is not to analyze the psychology of an eBay buyer's habits. It is actually just something I wanted to try out to display my collection in a little bit of a different way. This is a way for me to slow down and enjoy / be thankful for what I have, instead of just hunting, buying, winning, hunting, buying, winning, etc.

Here is a pic of all my cards - NO doubles - (not including memorabilia / customs / oversized stuff). I hope to be able to store these better at some point, but for now, this works for me!

I had a little bit of fun with this video - I've never done any video editing before, so I might use this as a sandbox to try out some stuff too. Video &
Pictures below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0kjFfYS1E

My 2000 TEKs

Here is what happens when you put some cool card stock behind the clear base version:

My 2014 TEKs

My 2015 TEKs

Oh, and if anyone has any, here is what I need:
2000 Topps Tek Gold - ALL of them (except for 11-4)
2014 Topps High Tek Autographs Red Storm Diffractor #HTJC /10
2014 Topps High Tek Small Maze #HTJC
2015 Topps High Tek Stripes Red Orbit /5
Any/all 1/1's.

Thanks for watching/reading! I'll be updating this thread with more video/pics showing off what I have as I get time.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:38 PM

Here is another video of some other cards in my collection, including uber-rare Asia Exclusive cards as well as some Topps Vault slides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lua_CiR7M
Old 12-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Darrell

Very nice collection. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Dave

Wow Awesome collection.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:15 AM

Thanks for watching!
Old 12-25-2015, 11:13 PM
jt

Default nice!

Yup, i get butterflies when waiting to try to snipe!

Rad collection, Thanks.......j