NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-04-2002, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Default The National - Forum Night Out

Posted By: petecld

OK, I have a couple of good places for us to meet Thursday night for a forum dinner. If you are a part of this board and would like to meet for dinner let me know. I need to get an idea of how many will be attending.

The places are near the national show, and this would be for Thursday, August 8th.

Email me at: petecld@earthlink.net

Please email me this weekend.

Thank you and I hope to meet a lot of Forum users there.

Old 08-08-2002, 09:21 AM
Administrator

C'mon, after spending hundreds on Baseball cards, pass on buying that Derek Jeter bobble-head and spend your hard earned money on a good meal and meet your fellow vintage collectors.

If you a contributor to this board, like a good meal and some great conversation then join us for our dinner. Here is the final location:

When:
Thursday, August 8th at 7:30PM. Reservation is under the name Peter Calderon.

Where:
Gibsons Steak House
5464 N. River Rd., Rosemont
847-928-9900

The main attraction is: "big martinis, big steaks and big desserts." Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m. Mon.-Fri.; 3 p.m.-midnight Sat. and Sun. (Bar is open until 2 a.m. every night.)

Avg. Dinner Entree $15-$25
Cuisine Steak, Amer. Traditional
Live Music piano bar
Parking Valet (free)
Payment Method MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover, American Express, Visa
Specialties big steaks and martinis

They are located right across the street from the convention center in the Doubletree Hotel.

If you have questions, need directions, or just want to yell at me for some reason Thursday during the day, email me and I'll pass on my cell phone number.

If you THINK you want to come but are the type to decide last minute, email me to get my cell number and you can reach me during the day Thursday or you can call Gibson's directly.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

For those of us who wish we were there, but can't make it, we want a full report of the dinner and the show. Pictures would be nice.

Old 08-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

I wish I could be there to meet and say hello to everyone--, but, as a born and bred Green Bay Packers fan, Chicago makes my knees itch.

Old 08-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

but I paid off almost all my credit cards, Knouse, Macrae, gave a K to each of my children, bought granddaughter a bike for her birthday--and in general, paid off my debts. So I don't have the dough.

However, I do have 4 credit cards, and want a lot of cards.

So let the rest of us know how it is.

Old 08-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

I could not get a free pass out of debtor's prison either (Julie - if you're still doling out thousand dollar gifts to your kids, I'll put myself up for adoption) and part of the fun of the National would be putting faces to names from this board, so pictures would be very cool!

Old 08-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hey Pete

Great choice! Gibson's is one of my favorite Chicago hangouts. The food is excellent and the people watching in the bar and on the street is great. I'm headed to Vegas in the morning so I'll miss the party. Everyone have a great National, and order your steaks medium rare. be well brian

PS If anyone gets a craving for Buffalo Wings, Cheesburgers, or cold beer, try Yatzees in Lincoln Park. It's a great local joint. Also If you spend all your money on the first day, check out the awesome museums & Gallaries in town, ie field museum.

Old 08-08-2002, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Thank you Brian.

I love a good steak dinner and Gibson's is one of the better places. And Yatzees in Lincoln Park - my man you have excellent taste! That is another great place I love going to.