NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default Some questions about strip cards

Posted By: Bob S

Hi all,

I don't hve much in-depth knowledge about the W cards, so I was hoping that some of you folks might be able to help out.

1) Is it true that any strip card which is not intact with the full strip (in other words the strip has been cut into individual cards) cannot receive other than an AUTH grade?

2) Along those same lines, is it true that very few (relative to the total of any individual strip) remains intact today?

3) This is very subjective, I realize, but can someone hazard a guess as to the aprox. mkt. value of a W572 Wally Pipp single strip card, that if gradeable would yield a SGC 10?

Thanks, and I hope everyone is doing well.

Bob

returnaddress

Old 08-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chad

Strip cards can receive grades, but they have to be cut just right. Really, when it comes to grading strip cards it's almost a crap shoot as to whether a card will grade or not. I don't think the grading companies have a good handle on what to do with these yet.

--Chad

Also, the prevalence of uncut strips really depends on the issue--I'm not sure about W572's to be honest--and I think a Wally Pipp would be worth about 10 bucks.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

NO!! Thats my biggest peave with Grading Companies, they are very inconsistant with this. I have cards in an "Aut" slab that have rounded corners from many years of honest wear. and also have seen razor sharp cards with high grades. Here is an example picture that pisses me off big time. How in heck can SGC say this card was cut in 1928. (Dont get me wrong I like SGC).

Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: edacra

Do they really have holders big enough to sfull lab the strips? The one intact strip I own has a good amount of excess blank paper to it. Maybe mine is one of the special kids.