NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Apparently this is a recent change as I have run into other sellers who are no longer accepting PP for ebay purchases. I figure this is now allowed by ebay due to upcoming split between PP and ebay. For buyers on ebay, at least as of now, they are not eligible for ebay bucks if a CC is used. So when there is a 8-10% back in ebay bucks and you are counting on that to offset some of your purchase price, make sure the seller accepts PP.
ebay never required sellers to take paypal but did require them to use another online payment method or offer their own in house merchant account.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Craig L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
daniel your replies are a joke at best. I will give you the best info you will ever get when you are a scum bag seller. Shut the f up!!! Way bigger and more important scum bag sellers have come on here and lied their a$$ off and we kept harassing them till they got smart enough to quit posting lies or better yet just quit posting.

Like has been posted in this thread already. Most people don't care who they buy from as long as they get the card(s) they want. So quit posting and reap the rewards from all the new customers you have from this forum. Now if you are too stupid to take this advise you will keep getting called out on your lies.:d
🙌👏🙌👏🙌👏👍
Pre-1957 Des Moines baseball memorbilia
**Ok, I buy DM stuff after '57**

Working on the following sets:
-T201 Master Set
-B18s set minus Reds. *18 to go*
-T202 End panel set
-'35 Goudey
-T206 361 commons/common back
Old 04-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Won't visit the candiman site just for the fact that my virus protection states it is very risky.

Oh, that and the fact that the "new" auction house is selling a known scammers old inventory, sends their unsold inventory over 300 miles away to be resold, seems to have inventory that was bid on and won but is still reselling, avoids the simple but largely important questions, takes paypal sometimes, and just seems shady overall.

Joshua

PS There are, in fact, some people and auction houses I will not buy from even when they have something I really want. My hobby is less important than my morals and integrity (just barely).
Old 04-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Was this one of the "unpaid" items?
James

Sold in your auction for $800

http://candimanauctions.com/LotDetai...inventoryid=39

Resold on eBay for $1142

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hank-Aaron-...p2047675.l2557
Well...ain't that some XXXXing bullshit. I was the direct underbidder on the Hank Aaron. Nice to know I was bidding against the auction house on that card. Candiman, please take me off your mailing list. I want no part of your scams.

Last edited by Leon; 04-02-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
Now I'm sure it's just a coincidence that there were so many non payers.

I'll stand by my previous statement in the old thread that everyone deserves a chance and I was going to keep an open mind. Now that that's over with, I'm glad I didn't bid in the first auction and won't be bidding in any others.
Agreed...I was a fool and tried to give them a chance. Seeing the shenanigans these guys are pulling...I'm done. Ebay needs to pull the plug on the jokers.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Peter Spaeth

Maybe someone won Hank at a bargain price but didn't pay and that's why the card was back on ebay within days. You never know, Bob, anything is possible, right?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-01-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Maybe someone won Hank at a bargain price but didn't pay. You never know, Bob, anything is possible, right?
Yes...anything is possible....burn me once...shame on you.....I'm done.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Tom S@lem

The Ebay scans are the exact same scans in the auction listings. Clear on the Aaron and the Fran Tarkenton. I would find this odd as well
www.OPeeCheeInternational.com
Old 04-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

Here's the bid history of the '54 Aaron.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792

1853 items bid on and 48% with sipeemen1. Sounds like someone who has influence w/ eBay should contact them about related shill bidding and other illegal practices.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Yes...anything is possible....burn me once...shame on you.....I'm done.
Well, it's either a non-paying bidder () or the house shilled up the auction because it wasn't going high enough. How many people are willing to believe the first explanation?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
Here's the bid history of the '54 Aaron.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792

1853 items bid on and 48% with sipeemen1. Sounds like someone who has influence w/ eBay should contact them about related shill bidding and other illegal practices.
And only 16 retractions.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsalem View Post
The Ebay scans are the exact same scans in the auction listings. Clear on the Aaron and the Fran Tarkenton. I would find this odd as well
They are efficient!! Move the unpaid lots with no wasted effort.

Old 04-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Frank Evanov

Default Aaron mess

The Aaron situation is pretty fishy. A non-paying bidder in their auction, then it suddenly sells 15 days later on the BAY?

The "there's something fishy here" expression relates to one of my guys, Charles Lindbergh. When Bruno Hauptmann, the accused kidnapper of Lindy Jr., claimed that a "Mr. Fisch" was the real kidnapper and conveniently he was now dead...the phrases "fish story" and "something's fishy.." originated.

Candiman = Fishiman.

I applaud the members here, especially Peter, who are trying to prevent fraudsters from running amok.

Last edited by mantlefan; 04-01-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:57 AM
Robert Williams

I'm done. These guys are bullshit. They can't talk their way out of this one. They won't never see another bid from me. The people who bid on their cards on Ebay are fools. Ebay needs to shut these guys down.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
They are efficient!! Move the unpaid lots with no wasted effort.
I will go out on a limb and say their time on ebay is going to be limited...Good work Peter et al.....

Old 04-02-2018, 07:13 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Quote:
And only 16 retractions.
Look at the bid retractions of the other bidders. Almost all have 2 or more and one has 41.
James
Old 04-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Ben North

I received my cards today and other than the 55 Bowman Don Mossi with severe back damage the cards were as described.

Now if Daniel is smart enough to take my advise in post #98 we will see pick up posts with Candiman in the title when his next auction ends.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I received my cards today and other than the 55 Bowman Don Mossi with severe back damage the cards were as described.

Now if Daniel is smart enough to take my advise in post #98 we will see pick up posts with Candiman in the title when his next auction ends.
So you don't have a problem bidding with them given what is shown above?
Old 04-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So you don't have a problem bidding with them given what is shown above?
I personally will not bid with them again. I gave thenm the benifit of doubt and it was proven I was wrong. I think with my posts since I have been on this forum it is very clear I will not bid with sellers who are known scum. That does not mean other members will not. There are pick up threads on here all the time from sellers who are much worse, that is all I am saying.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I personally will not bid with them again. I gave thenm the benifit of doubt and it was proven I was wrong. I think with my posts since I have been on this forum it is very clear I will not bid with sellers who are known scum. That does not mean other members will not. There are pick up threads on here all the time from sellers who are much worse, that is all I am saying.
I read both of your sentences "together" so thought you would be bidding again.
I am with you on your current view.

Last edited by Leon; 04-02-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Jeff Lar.son

Quote:

Wonder how much you were shilled up on your wins.

He mentioned a PSA 7 and 8 1956 Mantle in the next auction, either of which I'd be bidding on as I'm working on a PSA set, but there's no way I'm bidding in that auction.

1) I'd be supporting this BS.
2) Chances are they'll be shilled up.
3) See #1.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
Daniel you get "bullied" because you deflect questions, don't give straight answers, ignore certain questions, pop up on Ebay with an ID from a different state selling some of the same cards you "sold" in your Candiman Auction and bid up $7k worth of cards on ebay and bounce an e-check.

Did I miss anything? I wouldn't call it bullying, I'd call it people trying to get to the truth vs. someone who is doing everything possible to only tell the portion of the "truth" they want out.

Cry unfair all you want, but you are creating this mess.
Chris,

You can call it whatever you want, but for the most part, bullying is the correct term for what has transpired on this forum. That's fine. We have thick skin and can handle attacks from bullies. We have received some great supportive pm messages, emails, and phone calls. So not all bad.

I know you are dying to know what happened with the famous e-check so here's what actually happened. The e-check didn't bounce. We placed a stop payment on it with our bank when we found out that the owners of that company are apparently sharing our personal information without our permission. We won't do business with a company that is willing to hand out their customers personal information like that without their permission. Would you?

Daniel
Banned

Quote:
James

Resold on eBay for $1142

Yes this was an unpaid item. Along with several others. As others on this forum can attest to, for our initial auction, registering for our website required no hobby reference requirements or credit card information. We did this to get as many people registered as possible because we were starting from scratch. Obviously this strategy resulted in several non-paying bidders. Moving forward we will start to add those requirements when registering for our auctions in order to prevent non-paying bidders.

Also, after our March 2018 auction ended, we had a handful of bidders who won items contact us informing us that they would not be paying because they didn't read this forum prior to bidding in our auction. So a big congratulations to you guys! You were able to cost us business because of this forum and I'm sure many of you will be thrilled by that.

Most of the people who have posted on the threads here did not bid in our auction and therefore have never done business with us before. This hasn't prevented them from casting judgement on us. How you can judge a company you have never done business with I'll never know.

Daniel
Banned

Quote:
Cory he doesn't take Paypal. I have yet to run across another ebay seller who doesn't take Paypal. Daniel, care to explain?
Peter,

There are MANY eBay sellers who don't accept PayPal. If you have your own internet merchant account you don't have to accept PayPal on eBay. Getting your own merchant account is a long process which is why most people just give in and accept PayPal. We already have a merchant account for Candiman Auctions so why pay PayPal a higher fee? Isn't it smart business to save as much on expenses as possible when running a business?

Daniel
Old 04-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well...ain't that some XXXXing bullshit. I was the direct underbidder on the Hank Aaron. Nice to know I was bidding against the auction house on that card. Candiman, please take me off your mailing list. I want no part of your scams.
Robert,

I wish you would've won the Aaron card. I know for sure you would've paid for it. Unfortunately we did have several bidders not pay (some as a result of reading this forum). This entire thread is based on nothing more than speculation, conspiracy theories, and assumptions from people who did not participate in our auction. If you didn't participate in our March 2018 auction then you have never done business with us and have no right to cast any judgement. There was no shill bidding in the auction (Edward Jensen attested to this fact in the original thread I posted about Candiman Auctions). Of course everyone completely ignored his review because it was a positive one. Many people got great deals on the lots they won and I am happy they did. We want to form long-term business relationships because we are going to be around for a very long time. I hope you will reconsider bidding in our future auctions.

Thanks,

Daniel

Last edited by Leon; 04-02-2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: took out f bomb
Banned

Quote:
Well, it's either a non-paying bidder () or the house shilled up the auction because it wasn't going high enough. How many people are willing to believe the first explanation?
Peter,

If you actually look at the items from the website auction that were unpaid and have been resold, almost every one of them has sold for less on eBay then they did on the website. There is no conspiracy going on here. I know you guys would love there to be but there simply isn't. When we started the website, for the first auction we obviously wanted to get as many people to register as possible. Therefore, we didn't require any hobby references or credit card information when registering. That, along with some bidders reneging because they said they didn't read this forum prior to registering and bidding in our auction, did result in several non-paying bidders. In the near future, we will begin to implement requirements when registering to bid in order to deter potential non-paying bidders.

Daniel
Banned

Quote:
Daniel your replies are a joke at best. I will give you the best info you will ever get when you are a scum bag seller. SHUT THE F UP!!! Way bigger and more important scum bag sellers have come on here and lied their a$$ off and we kept harassing them till they got smart enough to quit posting lies or better yet just quit posting.

Like has been posted in this thread already. Most people don't care who they buy from as long as they get the card(s) they want. So quit posting and reap the rewards from all the new customers you have from this forum. Now if you are too stupid to take this advise you will keep getting called out on your lies.
"Scum bag seller?" Really? What possible justification do you have for making that claim? You bought 2 low grade lots of cards in our March 2018 auction. You paid with a personal check for which we held for the 7-10 business days as stated in the Auction Rules that you accepted when you registered to bid. Your lots have now been shipped and delivered.

The only right you have is to report on what you purchased from us. People who have never bought a thing from us (pretty much everyone who is commenting in these threads) have zero right to cast any judgement. You can't post a review of a company you've never bought anything from. We were taught very early in life that when you "assume" it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me". Most of the things that have been posted about us are speculation, conspiracy theories, and nothing but assumptions.

You are getting your wish though. This is the last day we will be posting on the forum. At least for a very long time. We have to focus on running our business and only time and us running several more auctions is going to prove that we are doing things the right way.

Daniel
Banned

Hey guys,

This will be the last time we post on the forum. At least until after some time has passed and we run several more auctions. Only time is going to prove that we are doing things the right way. We came on here to tell our story as Leon advised us to. That was the right decision and we are glad we did. We have had some great conversations with some wonderful people on here and through pm's, emails, and phone calls. Unfortunately there is just too much negativity for us to continue engaging with you guys on here. We are extremely busy working on our next auction and the subsequent one's and we have to focus on running our business. We asked for a chance to prove ourselves and overall we don't believe we were given that chance and that it would be counterproductive to continue posting on here. If you didn't participate in our March 2018 auction then you have never done business with us and how a review of a company can be posted by someone who has never done business with them we'll never know.

We are doing things the right way and that will become apparent as time passes. We will be running several more auctions this year and for years to come. I hope after that some time has passed you guys will reevaluate your opinions of Candiman Auctions.

Thanks,

Daniel & Justin
Old 04-02-2018, 12:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions View Post
Peter,

There are MANY eBay sellers who don't accept PayPal. If you have your own internet merchant account you don't have to accept PayPal on eBay. Getting your own merchant account is a long process which is why most people just give in and accept PayPal. We already have a merchant account for Candiman Auctions so why pay PayPal a higher fee? Isn't it smart business to save as much on expenses as possible when running a business?

Daniel
Not really when most people who would buy from you expect to pay by paypal. Sure works for every seller I have ever dealt with and that is hundreds. Before you go can you confirm or deny lexus1584? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Chris,

You can call it whatever you want, but for the most part, bullying is the correct term for what has transpired on this forum. That's fine. We have thick skin and can handle attacks from bullies. We have received some great supportive pm messages, emails, and phone calls. So not all bad.

I know you are dying to know what happened with the famous e-check so here's what actually happened. The e-check didn't bounce. We placed a stop payment on it with our bank when we found out that the owners of that company are apparently sharing our personal information without our permission. We won't do business with a company that is willing to hand out their customers personal information like that without their permission. Would you?

Daniel
Hopefully that company will post its side of the story, and we can judge for ourselves.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
"We were taught very early in life that when you "assume" it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"

Daniel
Well....I sure hope you’re selective about applying what you were taught early in life from the parents who you’ve disavowed.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Chris,

Daniel
The "victim" narrative is really misplaced, and unpersuasive. I don't think you have convinced anyone that you are a victim here. You might reflect on why this thread, and the other one, have left so many of us with doubts.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Robert Williams

I find it really hard to believe that you are as many "non paying bidders" as you claim to have had. I'm sorry, but I can't help but feel I was bidding against a "house bidder". You can't tell me you had sooooo many unsold lots in your last auction that you had to put so many on Ebay two weeks later. If it looks like a duck, and acts like a duck........guess what.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:

...You can't post a review of a company you've never bought anything from...
Why not? People can have such a negative experience, whereas it pertains to a particular company, they decide NOT to buy anything.

Are you confusing “review” with eBay feedback?
Old 04-02-2018, 12:59 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Well....I sure hope you’re selective about applying what you were taught early in life from the parents who you’ve disavowed.
Not sure where anybody elses' parents received their education (except my own...I think), but the "assume" quote-gag originated from a very well known "The Odd Couple" episode from the Seventies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvTwv5o1Qs

Last edited by Paul S; 04-02-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Why not? People can have such a negative experience, whereas it pertains to a particular company, they decide NOT to buy anything.

Are you confusing “review” with eBay feedback?
Most of us aren't reviewing the company, we are reacting to the thread THEY started in an effort to convince us they were not Battlefield, were doing everything right, were great guys, etc. It's just one more misdirection/red herring which seems to be their M.O.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Out of curiosity, what is standard for non paid lots? Do AH's contact the underbidder? Do they rerun the item in their next auction?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Daniel; if you care to respond

One thing that bothers me is you don't use TPG; why not? For example the 1954 Aaron you have pictured or the 52 Robinson from March Auction. Aren't you doing your cosigners a dis-service, by not maximizing the potential sale price; and aren't your allowing your buyers to have doubt with regards to the authenticity of such cards. Perhaps, I am naive, but I don't understand why any auction house would not grade cards that clearly "exhibit" the look and the value that they should be, especially considering it would be in the consignor's best interest to do so.

If timing, is the answer as many have pointed out SGC & or BGS can meet your demands. So can PSA you may just need to pay up for speedier service, and wouldn't the consignor bear that cost anyway?

Daniel, before you hang up I think this is a very valid question; wouldn't you agree?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Dan Bretta

They (poor Justin, is he even a party to this clown show?) claim that the seller in arkansas is a friend who is selling for them but this friend also doesn’t do back scans and also doesn’t use the enlarge function on his eBay accounts and was kind enough to use the Candiman name as well. If they had so many non paying bidders then they should name them. What reason would they have to protect these NPBs? They claim to have nothing to do with their parents, but they use the same listing software, same listing style and same avoidance of using TPGs.

Is there anyone at this point who doesn’t believe that Daniel was behind the Battlefield eBay ID and only started this Candiman auctions because he’s been booted from eBay? Chime in, I want to hear from all of these people sending Daniel encouraging emails, PMs and phone calls.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:29 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I'm done. These guys are bullshit. They can't talk their way out of this one. They won't never see another bid from me. The people who bid on their cards on Ebay are fools. Ebay needs to shut these guys down.
The fact that they received so many bids from net54 members in the first auction is the most disappointing part of all if this to me. It shouldn't be that hard to spot a scam when the evidence is right there for all to see. My hope is that members will report their Ebay listings until they are banned again and stop supporting their new auction house. It also wouldn't hurt if we would let these threads die to stop the free advertising.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

I have a feeling this thread has a ways to go and that more information will be revealed.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:39 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
James

Resold on eBay for $1142

One strange thing here (and with many of the other auctions on eBay) is how Candiman Auctions state they send out invoices within 3 days of the auction end and then require payment within two weeks. If that were the case, wouldn't the buyer have ~17 days to make payment, that being March 28th?

Seeing as how the eBay auction lasted 5 days, starting from the 21st and ending on the 26th, the buyer must have surely been surprised to not have been given the two week payment period
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 3.34.47 PM.jpg (19.2 KB, 347 views)

Last edited by MikeKam; 04-02-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKam View Post
One strange thing here (and with many of the other auctions on eBay) is how Candiman Auctions state they send out invoices within 3 days of the auction end and then require payment within two weeks. If that were the case, wouldn't the buyer have ~17 days to make payment, that being March 28th?

Seeing as how the eBay auction lasted 5 days, starting from the 21st and ending on the 26th, the buyer must have surely been surprised to not have been given the two week payment period
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story, please. I am sure the answer is that all these people affirmatively and immediately reneged on their winning bids

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Michael

Quote:
Chris,

Daniel
I'm curious about this. I'm unsure of how the timing worked out. How long does it take an e-check to clear the bank of the person who sent it? How did you find out the owners of the company are sharing personal information? Is it posted on their site such that you should have seen it before you made the deal? How long after you sent the e-check did it take you to find out about the dissemination of your personal information? Is it ethical to back out of a deal after the fact like you did?

But the most important question is, if you won't do business with a company that hands out your personal information (and apparently feel strongly enough to cause you to claim you reneged on the deal), would you do business with a company that willingly accepts, nay, asks for personal information about other people without their knowledge?

From the thread Candiman Auctions Explained (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252144), post #18:

Quote:
Hi Patrick,

Since this is our first auction we asked our consignors if they would provide us an email list of people they have dealt with in the past that they thought might be interested in the auction. Your email address must have been on the list that either they gave us or one of our other consignors. It is not easy starting an auction site and we have tried to utilize every option to reach as many people that would possibly be interested in bidding in the auction. Our company operates nothing like they did. We are here to do things the right way. The only way to do that is to be open and honest like Leon advised me to do with this thread. I hope I am able to answer everyone's questions and ease their concerns. We love this hobby and really want to be a part of it.

Thanks,

Daniel
Michael
Old 04-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Daniel, before you hang up I think this is a very valid question; wouldn't you agree?
Sorry Tony, the CandidMen have left the building.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Chris,

Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
I'm curious about this. I'm unsure of how the timing worked out. How long does it take an e-check to clear the bank of the person who sent it? How did you find out the owners of the company are sharing personal information? Is it posted on their site such that you should have seen it before you made the deal? How long after you sent the e-check did it take you to find out about the dissemination of your personal information? Is it ethical to back out of a deal after the fact like you did?

But the most important question is, if you won't do business with a company that hands out your personal information (and apparently feel strongly enough to cause you to claim you reneged on the deal), would you do business with a company that willingly accepts, nay, asks for personal information about other people without their knowledge?

From the thread Candiman Auctions Explained (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252144), post #18:

Michael

Quote:
Hopefully that company will post its side of the story, and we can judge for ourselves.

I may be the lucky recipient of the cancelled e-check,

Here's the timeline....
$7400 worth of lots were won on 3/13/2018....
Sent non paying bidder alert on 3/17/2018....
Paypal payment of e-check sent on 3/20/2018...
Noticed Paypal payment cancelled on 3/27/2018...

AFTER E-CHECK PAYMENT WAS CANCELLED
I advised other ebay users I know, what his ebay ID, name and location was so they can block the ebay id..

Last edited by RockledgeSportsCards; 04-02-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockledgeSportsCards View Post

Here's the timeline....

I advised other ebay users I know, what his ebay ID, name and location was so they can block the ebay id..
This was the lexus ID, yes?

Old 04-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:

Here's the timeline....

Thank you for coming on here and posting the information, many of us really appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
This was the lexus ID, yes?
yes it was
Old 04-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
yes it was
Thank you. I am sure much more could be said about that ID, but for now, one might wonder why it received feedback from the ID that Daniel has acknowledged is his.

Positive feedback rating Excellent buyer! Very fast payment! A++++++++++++++++++++++ Seller: Member id sipeemend1 ( Feedback Score Of 123Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ab=AllFeedback

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-02-2018 at 02:53 PM.