NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Zach

Default My T205 progress

Thanks to all members that have helped me with building my T205 low grade set. I am now just two cards away from my goal. The Addie Joss is still needed and the Eddie Collins with the mouth open. Seems like every time I post I get new offers, so I am posting again both in this section and the buy, sell, trade section that I am looking for these two at fair market value or very close. If you have either one of these you can sell me please let me know, or if you have any leads of where I can go please let me know.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
David Pierson
Banned

I Congratulate you on your acheivement! Sorry can't help! Dave.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zljones View Post
Thanks to all members that have helped me with building my T205 low grade set. I am now just two cards away from my goal. The Addie Joss is still needed and the Eddie Collins with the mouth open. Seems like every time I post I get new offers, so I am posting again both in this section and the buy, sell, trade section that I am looking for these two at fair market value or very close. If you have either one of these you can sell me please let me know, or if you have any leads of where I can go please let me know.
I've got a T205 Collins coming from Heritage, but I don't know if it's mouth open or closed. I'll let you know in a month when it arrives.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I've got a T205 Collins coming from Heritage, but I don't know if it's mouth open or closed. I'll let you know in a month when it arrives.
Ok excellent thanks for the help. I had a recent offer for one that is PSA Good with a piedmont 42 back, I know the back is a little rare but he wanted $235 for it, I thought that was a little high.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
M!ke S@il£r

How long did the project take?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Zach

Note I am only collecting the HOFers. The project started late September of this year, so almost 2 months. I have been pursuing these aggressively but I a have been mindful of price along the way.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Ok excellent thanks for the help. I had a recent offer for one that is PSA Good with a piedmont 42 back, I know the back is a little rare but he wanted $235 for it, I thought that was a little high.

A mouth open Collins Pied 42???
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 PM
MikeHealer

What are the ??? for on the Collins Piedmont 42?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
A mouth open Collins Pied 42???
Yes a peidmont factory 42 back
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
What are the ??? for on the Collins Piedmont 42?
Well what I have found is the variations in the set are nearly void of any backs like pied 42, AB, BL, and Cycles. I would love to see this card. The price is good if the grade/condition warrants it, but pied 42's command little premium if none at all still. It's just a matter of time just like the AB's are starting to fetch a bit more regularly, and cycles with certain players. More collectors means less cards. Less cards drive up prices and especially with the less common backs.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Zach

Quote:
Well what I have found is the variations in the set are nearly void of any backs like pied 42, AB, BL, and Cycles. I would love to see this card. The price is good if the grade/condition warrants it, but pied 42's command little premium if none at all still. It's just a matter of time just like the AB's are starting to fetch a bit more regularly, and cycles with certain players. More collectors means less cards. Less cards drive up prices and especially with the less common backs.

The grade is a PSA 2. So I was willing to go a little higher but $235 was a little too high for now. If it was a Cycle back I would have paid that. I like the various rare backs but not as much keen on the factory number. I was close with the deal but not quite there, I would say $200 would have been more suiteable
Old 11-24-2011, 01:09 AM
MikeHealer

Andrew, I don't own this one anymore, but here is a Collins Piedmont 42.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Collins.jpg (74.4 KB, 238 views)
Old 11-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Zach

Did that sell for about $86 on ebay some months ago? I found some old google records of one that looked exactly like that, that sold for that amount on ebay.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:07 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Default Collins mouth open P42 on N54

One was sold earlier this year on N54, though I'm not sure of its price. Almost, if not all the T205's in the recent North Carolina find sale were P42s. I ended up with 4.. thanks again Trae!

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/ncfind/sold
Old 11-24-2011, 06:49 AM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Did that sell for about $86 on ebay some months ago? I found some old google records of one that looked exactly like that, that sold for that amount on ebay.
It's possible, although I sold it on the b/s/t earlier this year.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Zach

Quote:
I decided to buy and the scans were beautiful, I will post it on this thread as soon as it comes, whenever the post office stops jackin around with it because it went to the wrong address the other day. It is worth the price at least to me because of how gorgeous it is, I saw 2 recently sell for 260 a piece that were the same grade, raw, and did not look nearly as good, same Pied 42 back though.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Pup6913

Where were those other 2 sold at?

This could possibly mean this card will also be found with an AB back. Cycle, Drum and Broadleaf's are "Seeming" to not be possible if I am right about some research I have been mapping out. I would stop eating for a month to be able to bid on that
Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Zach

I bought it from another member I actually have a pic on my computer. There was also a raw one sold on ebay a short time ago for 260, but the one I got is way better here is a pic.

Last edited by zljones; 12-03-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Zach

dammit it did not post! I guess I will have to wait for the delivery I just hope it does not go back to the seller because it was sent to the wrong address
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Zach

I finally got it in the mail today here it is I tried to take the best pic I could of the Pied 42 on the back the best I could. It looks like it got a 2 because of the very light paperloss on the back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1351.jpg (73.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1352.jpg (79.0 KB, 82 views)
Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 AM
John Hanssen

((((Well what I have found is the variations in the set are nearly void of any backs like pied 42))))

From my tracking of Peidmont 42s I have found the following variations come with Pied 42 backs.

Barger - Partial B
Collins - Open mouth
Ford - White cap
Wiltse - Right ear

Their are also ones on back variations

Hoblitzell - name incorrect - no Cin
Hoblitzell - name correct - no Cin
Moran - stray line of type
Wallace - no cap - 2 lines of 1910 stats

Hope this info helps. I have scans of some if needed.

Last edited by nebboy; 12-09-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
((((Well what I have found is the variations in the set are nearly void of any backs like pied 42))))

From my tracking of Peidmont 42s I have found the following variations come with Pied 42 backs.

Barger - Partial B
Collins - Open mouth
Ford - White cap
Wiltse - Right ear

I agree with it being for the Eddie because the two others I saw sell before mine were both Pied 42 backs, so that is a good observation and interesting theory and Pied 42 being associated with certain cards that also happen to be rare. Could it be that Pied 42 did not start making cards til the end of the 1911 season?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Pup6913

Wiltse and ford are new also for me. I had looked at a lot of hobby's and wallaces, and morans and have never seen the 42's on any of them. I owned a barger partial B 42. post scans if you have any variations with pied 42 wether it be front variations or backs. I am interested in seeing what's out there
Old 12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Pup6913

Could it be that Pied 42 did not start making cards til the end of the 1911 season?

I have briefly discussed with someone before wether or not T205's were even printed in 1911 and not done in 1912-13 time frame with the T-80 cards. We know the 206's stretch into 1911-12 so wouldnt it make sense to finish one run completely before setting up another? I would really step out and boldly say the minor league cards were some of the last printed since they match the t80 style very closely. This is JMO
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Zach

Quote:
Could it be that Pied 42 did not start making cards til the end of the 1911 season?

I have briefly discussed with someone before wether or not T205's were even printed in 1911 and not done in 1912-13 time frame with the T-80 cards. We know the 206's stretch into 1911-12 so wouldnt it make sense to finish one run completely before setting up another? I would really step out and boldly say the minor league cards were some of the last printed since they match the t80 style very closely. This is JMO
I had heard that T206 ended in the spring of 1911 then Gold border resumed right away. As far as two sets at once, wasn't the T207 and T202 both printed simultaneously in 1912? It would make sense to give people a variety just like how Topps does Bowman now too. Plus I would think it would be a strategy to bury any competetion like maybe American Caramel.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post

Barger - Partial B
Collins - Open mouth
Ford - White cap
Wiltse - Right ear

Hi John,

Thanks for the info regarding Piedmont 42's. Any chance you have a scan of the Hoblitzell Name Incorrect, No Cin. w/ a Piedmont 42 back?

I was always under the impression that the Name Incorrect, No Cin. only existed with a Sweet Caporal Red reverse.

My Collins example:

Regards,

Turner Engle

Last edited by asoriano; 12-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
John Hanssen

Wanted to up date my bucket before posting. I just started saving scans of back so that they can be verified when updating a master list. Hope this info helps.

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/u...%2042%20backs/

And I only have the correct Hoblitsell scan in bucket sorry and its a bad one at that. My records show both - but would like to hear more, so I can get my records right.

Last edited by nebboy; 12-09-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Hi John,

Nice group of T205's.

From the scan provided, the Stray Line appears to be a Piedmont 25, not a 42.

Furthermore, I'm almost positive that a Hoblitzell Name Incorrect, No Cin. cannot be found with a Piedmont 42 back. This card is only exists with a Sweet Caporal Red back.

Just looked through my T205's for Piedmont 42's. Only had two others out of about 300 examples: Ford (White Cap) and Chance.

Last edited by asoriano; 12-09-2011 at 02:12 PM.