NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Zach

Default Finally finished my T205 HOFer set

After about 2 months of aggresively collecting the T205 HOFer cards I have finally completed it. These are the HOFers that were active as players in 1911 and were inducted for playing ability. The Wallace no cap 1 line is not here because I have no interest in that card and will not pay the high price for it. I would like to thank the members who sold me these cards for good prices. Joining this forum was what really helped me do this so quick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1345.jpg (73.9 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1346.jpg (74.4 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1348.jpg (71.4 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1349.jpg (69.8 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1351.jpg (73.1 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1353.jpg (73.3 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1354.jpg (72.5 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1355.jpg (72.7 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1356.jpg (70.8 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1357.jpg (74.8 KB, 199 views)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Nicely done sir!

Always nice to cross that last one off and admire the lot. For being low grade example that is a great Cobb.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Belltown Vintage

Very nice. That Joss grade is ridiculous, unless there's something not showing in the scans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zljones View Post
The Wallace no cap 1 line is not here because I have no interest in that card and will not pay the high price for it.
What IS the high price you are hearing? Wondering, because I have asked and heard everything from $100 up. Not selling mine, but curious what it's worth.

Last edited by Runscott; 12-09-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Very nice. That Joss grade is ridiculous, unless there's something not showing in the scans.

What IS the high price you are hearing? Wondering, because I have asked and heard everything from $100 up. Not selling mine, but curious what it's worth.
Just for poor condition PSA 1 or SGC 10 alone I think they run about $500 minimum, in my opinion it's not worth it because of a simple little line of printing missing. I paid a little extra for my wallace no cap but that front has such bold color I could not resist and only got the grade because of that paperloss on the back.
The joss is very possibly undergraded, I have been told by some to get it regraded with SGC, which I may do, but since I do not ever plan on selling it there may be no point on getting it regraded.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Nicely done sir!

Always nice to cross that last one off and admire the lot. For being low grade example that is a great Cobb.
Thanks Chris!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:32 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Love the Joss. Way to go.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Nice job! I love the feeling of finishing a collection. It is truly amazing how much esier it is with the help of the members on this board. I also have been able to cross off cards from my want list just by asking.
Again, very nice set!
Drew
Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 AM

Congrats on the accomplishment! I opened this thread hoping for scans or photos, and this thread delivered. Thanks for posting the pics & good luck with your next set.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Christopher Herman

Congratulations. Thats a nice colorful set. Forget the technical grades. Crack 'em and enjoy 'em.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 12-09-2011, 07:22 AM
John Hanssen

Great Job - Always love to see T205s -
Joss is NICE, I have one on my Christmas list for 2014!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Doug Doremus

Default " 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished."

Nice going, Zach.

I'm collecting the whole T205 set, with Hall-of-Famers as my first priority, pretty much in the same condition that yours are in. I'm almost half way there. It's a long-term goal, however; I'm in no rush, so I still need most of the toughest cards.

I've been watching prices for several years now, and it would seem that this is a good buyer's market for T205's. Do you think that's so?
[T205's seem to me a bit out of vogue, especially compared to T206's, which I always thought of as equal value but seem more expensive these days.]

Thanks for sharing all those pictures too.

Doug
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
David Str@@te

I agree with whoever told you to break 'em out. You have a real knack for eye appeal, and two or three of those appear to be comically undergraded. Beautiful cards!

What's next?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Andrew

Default Good job

Nice work on a great set. The Joss and Cobb look nice for the grade. Looking forward to see what you have in mind for your next project.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Congrats on a great group of cards!

Quote:
Technically it is an accurate grade according to PSA's standards. The back is miscut. Perhaps it could have been a PSA 2 MC.
JimB
Old 12-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Zach

Thanks for all the kind word, my next endeavor will probably be to finish my N162 HOF set I have Dan Brouthers but need the others, but the cost is the biggest issue with those. I may also get more HOF 1930s cards from various Goudeys and Diamond Stars.

I think that now is best to get T205s because the popularity could very much rise while I started the other thread yesterday to see what everyone's favorite is I saw a good amount of T205 fans, that forcasts to me a possible rise in value in the near future, and that Joss card is going way up, I found old google achives that showed that Joss sold on 2/28/11 for 565.00 and was listed as undergraded. I had the pleasure of meeting the man who won that auction then sold it to me.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
JeR@Me

Default Nicely done !

Well done Zach ! I agree with another post, crack those rascals out and line em up side by side in a pocket sheet/notebook style... Great for looking through. How many HOfers are there in theat T205 subset ?

Great job !
Old 12-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleBaseball View Post
Well done Zach ! I agree with another post, crack those rascals out and line em up side by side in a pocket sheet/notebook style... Great for looking through. How many HOfers are there in theat T205 subset ?

Great job !
I have 23 total cards. If I was to pursue everything HOF including those rediculous slight variation cards then there would be 29 total. But I have no use for the Mathewson Cycle back variation card or the Wallace No cap 1 line. And I only chose active players at the time (excludes Duffy) and ones that made the HOF for playing ability. I excluded the Duffy because I always hated manager cards as a kid, I used to throw darts at my manager cards from the 80s and 90s lol.

Last edited by zljones; 12-09-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleBaseball View Post

Great job !
I cracked 6 the other day. It's so cool to actually look directly at the card - it's the only way to really get a full appreciation for the quality of the lithography (especially for T205s), and the gold borders look SO much better completely naked. To add to the fun, I took about 100 T206s out of their sleeves last night and piled them up - it really felt decadent, given today's plastic encapsulation attitude!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Belltown Vintage

I asked about the Joss and Wallace/1 line, because I only have six T205's in my 'keeper collection' - the Wallace, a MC Joss, Cobb, Kirby and two ML'ers with stamps on the back. Based on my Joss, which got a 4, I think yours is under graded. Regarding the Wallace, I got mine by accident - part of a large auction house lot that wasn't identified. Nice surprise.

As an aside, to me, it looks like a lot more work went into producing a T205 than a T206 - it looks like the designers really tried to 1-up themselves with this set. Do any of the printer experts have thoughts on this?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Zach

Quote:
I asked about the Joss and Wallace/1 line, because I only have six T205's in my 'keeper collection' - the Wallace, a MC Joss, Cobb, Kirby and two ML'ers with stamps on the back. Based on my Joss, which got a 4, I think yours is under graded. Regarding the Wallace, I got mine by accident - part of a large auction house lot that wasn't identified. Nice surprise.

As an aside, to me, it looks like a lot more work went into producing a T205 than a T206 - it looks like the designers really tried to 1-up themselves with this set. Do any of the printer experts have thoughts on this?
I do concur the owner that sold it to me also believed it is undergraded and I think so too. There is a very light crease on the front like a spider crease and just little tiny spots on the back like one or two. There is also a strange variation of color tints on his forehead, there is a spot of lighter pink instead or darker pink but that should still not cause such a grade I think a 2 with MC is in order. I very well may crack this case to get it regraded, the thing is I just love the appearance of cards inside a PSA holder, but I do not have alot of faith in their abilities to accurately grade pre WW1 cards since I have seen errors. This card after being cracked would probably be breath taking because the color is so vivid, sometimes I just stare at it for minutes at a time.

Last edited by zljones; 12-09-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Incorrect Joss description oops, updated
Old 12-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Charlie

Zach,
Nice job on finishing the set. That Collins Open Mouth looks exceptionally nice!!
Charlie
Old 12-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZernialFan View Post
Zach,
Nice job on finishing the set. That Collins Open Mouth looks exceptionally nice!!
Charlie
Yes thanks to you haha
Old 12-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Belltown Vintage

Great that you got it done so quickly. Now you can still have a lot of fun slowly upgrading over the years. Well, in your case over 2 months
Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Greg Hooper

Very nice - thank you for sharing!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Zach

Quote:
Great that you got it done so quickly. Now you can still have a lot of fun slowly upgrading over the years. Well, in your case over 2 months
lol

I think I need a financial break now, two months completetion drained me a little.