NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

I would think the worst case scenario is probably some corner damage which might affect the grade but would not affect whether they grade.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Eric Perry

Sorry if this has already been brought up...

It seems to me that this new company/product will become a likely target for scammers. If someone can sneak a few fake/altered/compromised slabs through the system, they would be able to (fraudulently) profit from doing so.

Please note, I am NOT saying the person running the business would be doing this. I am merely stating that there will almost certainly be a non-zero amount of crooks looking to exploit this somehow.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:19 PM
C.urt Sch.midg.@ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I would think the worst case scenario is probably some corner damage which might affect the grade but would not affect whether they grade.
I agree
Old 05-13-2018, 06:32 AM
Ryan F.

If I want to start a company that graded a persons natural toenail “quality” and place a sticker on them such that they get a hotter date..... none of you SOB’s are stopping me!!!!

Let the man do his thing... it’s called Capitalism
Old 05-13-2018, 06:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar52 View Post
If I want to start a company that graded a persons natural toenail “quality” and place a sticker on them such that they get a hotter date..... none of you SOB’s are stopping me!!!!

We'll let him do his thing and you can put your full name out here. thanks
Old 05-13-2018, 02:54 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I haven't really decided on what I think about this.

With Coins, the Company is CAC, and they do provide a decent service. Coins have been graded for longer than cards, with all the same issues (shouldn't be a surprise right)
They've been graded for so long, that the "standards" have slipped for several years now, some of it is a need for "new" coins in an acceptable grade, some of it is a lack of coins that are all that great in middle grades. So a VG say 20 years ago would get a better grade today. (Not my opinion, I got that from an article by a very long time dealer. ) So a sticker from CAC actually in most cases does mean "if graded today it will probably grade higher"

I don't see quite the same dynamic in cards. Overall, cards are probably at a point where the standards have tightened up a bit. So I'm thinking that right now it isn't really necessary.
But.........someday it will be. Maybe sooner than later, there's close to 30 years of grading, and the standards have evolved as well as the way they're applied.
PSA got where they are by being "first" (Not actually, but first with some features and certainly first with good marketing)
So if a similar service to CAC is going to happen, and it will (Just did!) It's probably a good business move to start it now.

The big thing in CAC's favor is that it was started by John Albanese, who is a long-time and well respected member of the numismatic community. He has the "credentials"; coin collectors know who he is, and they respect his opinion.

In the case of "Purple Label LLC", who is Greg Campbell? I've been a member of the baseball card community since the 1970s, going to shows, subscribed to Sports Collectors' Digest, The Trader Speaks, Baseball Hobby News, Baseball Cards Magazine, Beckett....., I've been a member of both the CU and Network54 message boards for several years, have bought from/placed bids with most of the major auction houses/dealers, and I have never heard of Greg Campbell anywhere until this thread.

It seems to me, to start something like CAC in the sports card community, and be successful, you should have immediate name recognition; someone like Brent Huigens, Steve Hart, Kit Young, Levi Bleam, Bill Goodwin, Dave Kohler; i.e., someone who has been around for years/decades, and who is known and respected in the community. To me, this Greg Campbell doesn't fit the bill.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox

Last edited by Steve D; 05-13-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:00 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar52 View Post

I've always been under the impression that within a capitalist system, the principle of free speech was very, very important. I guess you disagree with that. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth_rookie View Post
I was his first customer and got 2 for 2...

all kidding aside, there's no doubt that all 5's are not equal. Nor 6's. Nor 7's, etc. The question is "are people willing to pay for a third party to make that assessment?" we've already paid good money to have it graded, and now we pay again. not sure what the answer is. only time and the market will tell. can't blame someone for giving it a go, however. I wish you luck in your new endeavor. who knows, maybe it will pan out.
Well, the thing that really confuses me is if you have a '6' with a purple sticker, that implies that it's possibly undergraded, right? So maybe a '7', but not quite. Well, isn't that what the PSA half grades are for? So a '6' with a sticker means that the card is actually a '6.25'? Seems like a stupid idea, and I'd actually pay less for a purple sticker card since I'd have to spend effort removing that ugly purple piece of crap.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:49 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

In theory I don’t think it’s a bad concept. Not every 5 is the same not every 6 is the same etc. I see people on eBay and on BST say their cards are undergraded. So if you don’t want to regrade here is the alternative. My question is how is the sticker determined. Does the company have flaw preferences? Does a card that is centered get a sticker despite having dinged corners and a small wrinkle versus an oc card that has nicer corners and no wrinkles?

The other thing I’ll say is I don’t think this works as a mail in service. I mail in 10 cards I feel are undergraded and get 3 stickers. So I pay $50 for these 3 stickers. Plus shipping etc. seems to me this would work better as an in person service. Charge $1 or $2 for rejects and $5 for the sticker. Not sure if that is profitable enough. Plus you might get a lot of pissed off people who disagree with the rejection of their undergraded cards.

I don’t think I’d personally use the service but based on some of the complaints I see for TPGs I understand the concept.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:14 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Two questions:

1) How can you ensure you will only sticker say 1% or 5% or any % of the cards submitted. For instance, I submit a card to you on day 1 that you deem to be of high grade and sticker it, day 247 someone else submits another card you also deem is high for the grade and sticker that, etc, etc, etc. To ensure you properly sticker only say 1% you would need to know beforehand how many cards truly exist at the top end of the range for that particular grade. I don't see how thats possible beforehand especially since existing cards are being graded every day thereby increasing the total graded population at any grade. It could end up that a high % of the cards in a particular grade for that player in that issue receive a sticker which ends up causing this selectivity service being self defeating.

2) Assuming you are reviewing the card thru the slab (i'm too lazy to go and see if thats how you review the card) and don't have the raw card in hand so you can't see all the flaws, ie, wavy edges, discolorations, types of stains, etc. As a result I might buy a card that has been stickered but if I submitted it for review to say PSA it might not truly be high end for the grade.

I would think this process could actually de-value a card.

Seems gimicky I will pass.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 05-14-2018 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:20 AM
Robert Kasenter

Default purple sticker

Could we have a yellow sticker for every overgraded card. Or perhaps multiple colors. If the card got a 7 but deserves a 6 it could be yellow. If it deserved a 5 it could be orange. If it should have been graded authentic altered it could be red with the letters WTF printed on the sticker. Now that would be a valuable service.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:55 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Here's an idea lets slab the slab with a purple label rather than purple sticker so it can't be removed. Then in a few years we can make it a black label rather than purple to require resubmission of the slab-slab. Then make a different slab size to require another re-submission for slab-slab, etc. Oh the HUMANITY. This is ridiculous.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:06 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Here's an idea lets slab the slab with a purple label rather than purple sticker so it can't be removed. Then in a few years we can make it a black label rather than purple to require resubmission of the slab-slab. Then make a different slab size to require another re-submission for slab-slab, etc. Oh the HUMANITY. This is ridiculous.
You forgot.....then introduce QUARTER grades.....and then the ever elusive 9.5!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:03 AM
Barry Sloate

CAC stickers are certainly popular in the coin hobby and typically garner a premium. I look at a lot of coins and those that are stickered always have nice surfaces and very good eye appeal. So it does have some credibility.

In the baseball card hobby, cards with perfect or near perfect centering could easily be stickered, as well as those with exceptional eye appeal.

That said, IMO less is more, and we as collectors are relying too much on the opinions of third party graders. In a perfect world we would learn to grade our own cards, and do it accurately so that others would accept our opinions. But slabs have taken over many hobbies, and they have become among the most incredible marketing tools ever.

Last edited by barrysloate; 05-14-2018 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Two questions:

1) How can you ensure you will only sticker say 1% or 5% or any % of the cards submitted. For instance, I submit a card to you on day 1 that you deem to be of high grade and sticker it, day 247 someone else submits another card you also deem is high for the grade and sticker that, etc, etc, etc. To ensure you properly sticker only say 1% you would need to know beforehand how many cards truly exist at the top end of the range for that particular grade. I don't see how thats possible beforehand especially since existing cards are being graded every day thereby increasing the total graded population at any grade. It could end up that a high % of the cards in a particular grade for that player in that issue receive a sticker which ends up causing this selectivity service being self defeating.

2) Assuming you are reviewing the card thru the slab (i'm too lazy to go and see if thats how you review the card) and don't have the raw card in hand so you can't see all the flaws, ie, wavy edges, discolorations, types of stains, etc. As a result I might buy a card that has been stickered but if I submitted it for review to say PSA it might not truly be high end for the grade.

I would think this process could actually de-value a card.

Seems gimicky I will pass.
Nobody is going to submit if there is only a 1 in 20 or worse chance of getting the sticker, IMO. And in any event this seems doomed to end up being arbitrary, or political, or both.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Steve Birmingham

That's a really interesting point Steve.

I've collected coins longer than I've collected cards, but with a lot more and longer "vacations" from the hobby. Started coins as a kid, figure around 1970, maybe/probably a bit earlier. Didn't start cards until 73-4 and got more into it in 77. Actually did both plus stamps plus other stuff off and on for a while. Without much budget of course.

With all the time I've taken off from coins, I don't really know who anyone is aside from maybe a few of the really long term people that write for the magazines.

That instant credibility vs relative obscurity is probably going to be a key thing going forward. And it may end up being regional, someone well known in Mass might not be well known in Cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
The big thing in CAC's favor is that it was started by John Albanese, who is a long-time and well respected member of the numismatic community. He has the "credentials"; coin collectors know who he is, and they respect his opinion.

In the case of "Purple Label LLC", who is Greg Campbell? I've been a member of the baseball card community since the 1970s, going to shows, subscribed to Sports Collectors' Digest, The Trader Speaks, Baseball Hobby News, Baseball Cards Magazine, Beckett....., I've been a member of both the CU and Network54 message boards for several years, have bought from/placed bids with most of the major auction houses/dealers, and I have never heard of Greg Campbell anywhere until this thread.

It seems to me, to start something like CAC in the sports card community, and be successful, you should have immediate name recognition; someone like Brent Huigens, Steve Hart, Kit Young, Levi Bleam, Bill Goodwin, Dave Kohler; i.e., someone who has been around for years/decades, and who is known and respected in the community. To me, this Greg Campbell doesn't fit the bill.

Steve
Old 05-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Steve Birmingham

We need a facebookesque "like" button.

How do you do it? I could never be that concise and on point.

Steve B

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
CAC stickers are certainly popular in the coin hobby and typically garner a premium. I look at a lot of coins and those that are stickered always have nice surfaces and very good eye appeal. So it does have some credibility.

In the baseball card hobby, cards with perfect or near perfect centering could easily be stickered, as well as those with exceptional eye appeal.

That said, IMO less is more, and we as collectors are relying too much on the opinions of third party graders. In a perfect world we would learn to grade our own cards, and do it accurately so that others would accept our opinions. But slabs have taken over many hobbies, and they have become among the most incredible marketing tools ever.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
We need a facebookesque "like" button.

How do you do it? I could never be that concise and on point.

Steve B
I'm a man of few words.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
That's a really interesting point Steve.

I've collected coins longer than I've collected cards, but with a lot more and longer "vacations" from the hobby. Started coins as a kid, figure around 1970, maybe/probably a bit earlier. Didn't start cards until 73-4 and got more into it in 77. Actually did both plus stamps plus other stuff off and on for a while. Without much budget of course.

With all the time I've taken off from coins, I don't really know who anyone is aside from maybe a few of the really long term people that write for the magazines.

That instant credibility vs relative obscurity is probably going to be a key thing going forward. And it may end up being regional, someone well known in Mass might not be well known in Cal.
I can just see Levi adding 707-HE stickers.

But to me the issue isn't whether Greg is known, I believe from what has been said that he has the credentials, there are many experts who have flown under the radar. For me, the question is whether this service really adds value and I'm just not in favor of 4th party grading whether it's done by Brent, Greg, or anyone else.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Bob Davies

This sounds similar to an audit. That can be somewhat painful.

Leon, can we add a purple sticker to threads? Then we would all know which ones are worth reading and which ones are not.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:30 PM
Bill Gregory

/head explodes

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:17 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

This guy clearly has no idea what he is doing and has already failed.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:16 AM
Robert Williams

Seeing as how he is labeling his own product with wild abandon (whether it truly deserves it or not) while you got a 1 out of 20 shot of getting one yourself tells me all I need to know about this venture.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Seeing as how he is labeling his own product with wild abandon (whether it truly deserves it or not) while you got a 1 out of 20 shot of getting one yourself tells me all I need to know about this venture.
I predict we will see more from them soon. And I think they will make a good run at it. A lot of people use CAC for coins? We shall see.....
Old 05-22-2018, 06:24 AM
Peter Spaeth

What is the point of applying a purple label to a card Beckett already has graded Gem Mint?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Bowman...4AAOSwFUxa7lS9

Old 05-22-2018, 06:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
What is the point of applying a purple label to a card Beckett already has graded Gem Mint?

I will let them answer questions for themselves. I spoke with the owner very recently. He understands the uphill battle. I told him I don't need his services and a lot of board members don't either. That said, there are more coin collectors than card collectors and CAC seems to be doing fine. Maybe the 9.5 is a high end 9.5?

Last edited by Leon; 05-22-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will let them answer questions for themselves. I spoke with the owner very recently. He understands the uphill battle. I told him I don't need his services and a lot of board members don't either. That said, there are more coin collectors than card collectors and CAC seems to be doing fine. Maybe the 9.5 is a high end 9.5?
A high end Gem Mint? Head explodes, as Bill G. said.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:38 AM
Robert Williams

If this business wants to succeed, IF it starts getting popular, the #1 thing he should do is hire an impartial grader. After seeing this sticker on the Johnny Bench PSA 1 with all the numerous flaws it had leads me to believe he IS NOT impartial. Like Leon, there might be a need for this in the future. PWCC already got the ball rolling with their HE stickers. When you are trying to get yourself established NOW is not the time for half measures.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:21 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:

Possible bump to a psa 10?

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 05-22-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Hey, I used to do the same thing with my girlfriends...used to....

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 05-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I hope these guys don't quit their day jobs.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Scott Russell

who, the comedians or the sticker guys?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Andrew Silverman

Default Purple Stickers

They posted a bunch of cards with stickers on their facebook page. They actually look pretty nice.

https://www.facebook.com/purplelabelcard/
Old 05-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermint1975 View Post
They posted a bunch of cards with stickers on their facebook page. They actually look pretty nice.

https://www.facebook.com/purplelabelcard/
I see a 1960 Fleer Jack Kemp PSA 8 that's off-center with bad registration.
A 1966 Topps Mantle PSA 4 with a diamond cut and moderate corner wear.
A 1978 OPC Murray PSA 8 that's off-center.
A 1960 Topps Yaz RC PSA 5 with significant PD.

All cards that I would consider average for the grade.

Does not inspire confidence.

Last edited by Bliggity; 05-22-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
I see a 1960 Fleer Jack Kemp PSA 8 that's off-center with bad registration.
A 1966 Topps Mantle PSA 4 with a diamond cut and moderate corner wear.
A 1978 OBC Murray PSA 8 that's off-center.
A 1960 Topps Yaz RC PSA 5 with significant PD.

All cards that I would consider average for the grade.

Does not inspire confidence.
That's what I am saying. It cheapens the brand when these stickers are handed out willy-nilly. They should ONLY be reserved for top tier items. I do want to see this person succeed. He needs to take the advice he has been given here to heart though.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

I still would like a answer to my questions.

I’ll ask one of them again . How can a 10 or for a better example a BGS 9.5 get a purple sticker ? Is it better then most 9.5s? How ?
Old 05-22-2018, 06:02 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
I still would like a answer to my questions.

I’ll ask one of them again . How can a 10 or for a better example a BGS 9.5 get a purple sticker ? Is it better then most 9.5s? How ?
Better centering, free of minor print defects or other small flaws that are still permitted on a 9.5 or 10.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Better centering, free of minor print defects or other small flaws that are still permitted on a 9.5 or 10.
And how many BGS 9.5 Mariano Riveras do you think you would have to examine before you could say with confidence that a particular one was the 1 in 20 that merited the purple sticker?

Old 05-22-2018, 07:37 PM

Not sure if this question has been asked or answered yet. However, what provisions are made if a "purple label" holder does not crossover or get a better grade through re-submission? Are only PSA, SGC and BGS holders evaluated? What about GAI?
Old 05-22-2018, 08:48 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
And how many BGS 9.5 Mariano Riveras do you think you would have to examine before you could say with confidence that a particular one was the 1 in 20 that merited the purple sticker?
Yea I'm not saying I felt that Rivera deserved a purple sticker. And I already stated I think this idea is pretty ridiculous and unnecessary. But there are cards I've seen that have had noticable difference between one 9.5 or 10 and another. I have seen off center psa 10s, and others with focus issues or print defects. Look at a few 86 Jordans for example.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Yea I'm not saying I felt that Rivera deserved a purple sticker. And I already stated I think this idea is pretty ridiculous and unnecessary. But there are cards I've seen that have had noticable difference between one 9.5 or 10 and another. I have seen off center psa 10s, and others with focus issues or print defects. Look at a few 86 Jordans for example.
Well sure Beckett 9.5s explicitly have different subgrades so sure you can get ones with better surface, centering, corners, etc. PSA 10s should have less variance but yes I have seen that as well. But as you know we don't need a purple sticker to tell us a card is centered.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:53 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
Not sure if this question has been asked or answered yet. However, what provisions are made if a "purple label" holder does not crossover or get a better grade through re-submission? Are only PSA, SGC and BGS holders evaluated? What about GAI?
Why would a purple sticker guarantee a better grade? I never seen this anyplace, did you?

If you go to the website it will answer your questions on what companies they work with.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Well sure Beckett 9.5s explicitly have different subgrades so sure you can get ones with better surface, centering, corners, etc. PSA 10s should have less variance but yes I have seen that as well. But as you know we don't need a purple sticker to tell us a card is centered.
Right , I don’t think a 10 can get a purple sticker. If it does then I would also question the grading company. Your telling me this card that is graded ABOVE MINT condition can be better then other 10s? I feel like I’m studying string theory. I get it but is it really possible?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:12 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
Right , I don’t think a 10 can get a purple sticker. If it does then I would also question the grading company. Your telling me this card that is graded ABOVE MINT condition can be better then other 10s? I feel like I’m studying string theory. I get it but is it really possible?
Yes.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:16 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I think we're in agreement Peter. I dont need a purple sticker to tell me a card looks better than its grade either. But to discount this company simply because they put a sticker on a bgs 9.5 or psa 10 card would be a mistake in my opinion. There are plenty of other reasons to do so.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:26 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I see these guys are advertisers here now. Good luck to them...they're going to need it.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I see these guys are advertisers here now. Good luck to them...they're going to need it.
+1 Believe me, I told them they would need more than a lot of luck, maybe a miracle? LOL Stranger things have happened and my guess is CAC got the same treatment when they started. I am with the rest of the board on this one though and only playing some devil's advocate for conversation.

ps...they will need to tighten up their standards at the very least, from some things I (and others) have seen.

Last edited by Leon; 05-26-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Greg C

Default Purple Label

Thank you Leon for the advertising opportunity. Also, thank you to
everyone who had comments or suggestions. Everybody has been
heard loud and clear. Your critique [good or bad] is actually vital to
the growth of our service. I say that with absolute sincerity.

Thanks to everyone again,

Greg
Old 06-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Ke.ith Mad.rigal

Can't wait to start my new business. Just need to get my website up...www.gradinggradingcards.com. Also, working on my new "blue labels" and my advertising campaign. "Not happy with your Purple Label review? Send your purple label cards to us for a truly independent review and we will tell you which purple labels really are the best in their purple label grading class by issuing our Blue Label stamp of approval! Just call us the guys who grade the guys who grade the guys who grade your cards!" 😂
Old 06-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmad515 View Post
Can't wait to start my new business. Just need to get my website up...www.gradinggradingcards.com. Also, working on my new "blue labels" and my advertising campaign. "Not happy with your Purple Label review? Send your purple label cards to us for a truly independent review and we will tell you which purple labels really are the best in their purple label grading class by issuing our Blue Label stamp of approval! Just call us the guys who grade the guys who grade the guys who grade your cards!" 😂
New guy coming in hot! But seriously, welcome.