NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-15-2016, 08:53 AM
John Hanssen

Default Record keeping by screen shot

A friend asked me how I keep track of how much and how long Ive have some of my cards. So i showed him how to screen shot action listing and a way to track info from computer screens. Its also a great way to prove values on an insurance clam if ever needed.

I use a apple I-Mac air so all you need to do is ((( shift, Command, 4 and drag box cars what you want ))) and you will get a screen capture to your desk top.

for PCs I googled this:

Capture a snip of a menu
After you open Snipping Tool, open the menu that you want a picture of. (For Windows 7, press Esc before opening the menu.)
Press Ctrl + PrtScn.
Select the arrow next to the New button, choose the kind of snip you want, and then pick the area of the screen that you want to capture.

Example
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 9.14.55 AM.jpg (19.6 KB, 335 views)

Last edited by nebboy; 12-15-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:10 AM
David McDonald

Brilliant and so simple. Wish I started doing this fifteen years ago. My purchase record is messy and incomplete; when I cash in someday I expect to be sucked dry by the IRS.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:18 AM
pete ullman

i do this all the time also...for various reasons. nice pickup on that browns champions btw!!!!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:28 AM
Bry@n

If you use Google Chrome there is a free plug in called Awesome Screenshot that will let you do the same thing right in your browser.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:43 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

You can also take a photo with your iphone. I often take photos of imporant documents in case I lose the document.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Steve Birmingham

It used to be much easier. In IE all I did for years was go to the fiile menu and click "save as" to save the whole page.

Then Ebay did some script thing that means you don't get the pictures.

Alt + print screen copies everything that's currently visible, which can then be pasted into something like Paint. From there it can be cropped etc or simply saved as-is.

I don't do it for record keeping, but for saving images of stuff that interests me but that I can't afford or sometimes just didn't bid high enough.

Steve B
Old 12-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default David

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
You can also take a photo with your iphone. I often take photos of imporant documents in case I lose the document.
Monsignor Rudd, your post has me thinking about a new get rich quick scheme.
You take pictures of your document in case you lose the document, but I will take a picture of your phone in case you lose that!

I think a service like that will catch on rather quickly so I went ahead and bought a box of business cards at VistaPrint for $10.00 and a GoDaddy site for another $10.
Pictures of my website or my business cards are also available, pretty cheaply in the scheme of things. I only need to make $21 and I will be profiting.

Seriously though, Snipping Tool is within all recent Windows OS, and couldn't be easier to use. I just never thought to do it...
I typically start a spreadsheet and fail to update it. That system is pretty fool proof.

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.