NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-26-2023, 08:54 AM

Default 1952 Look N See Albert Einstein

Hello All,

I know this is a long shot and may never find one but I am looking to buy the following card! If you have it and would like to sell it or know someone that does please let me know.

I have heard this one is for sale but I do not know the owner!

I would greatly appreciate your help!

Sam
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 452A3D02-3606-4ACF-882B-0B3333F931B7.jpeg (125.1 KB, 266 views)
Old 02-26-2023, 09:50 AM
Don Hontz

If you can use a psa 8. I have it.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:43 AM
Jeff
Je.ff For.teza

Sam,

I'm not the owner, but passing along a word of caution. Many high grade Look n See cards in PSA holders are known to have been trimmed and resold by PWCC. The card you are seeking was listed on their marketplace about a year ago. I'm not saying it has been trimmed, just saying buyer beware.

Jeff
Old 02-26-2023, 10:46 AM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

Couple for sale on eBay. Here’s one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15541473535...Bk9SR760me3RYQ
Old 02-26-2023, 10:58 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

BST, Non-Sport and other section.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
If you can use a psa 8. I have it.
I private messaged you and no response.

Thank you,
Sam
Old 02-26-2023, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza11 View Post
Sam,

I'm not the owner, but passing along a word of caution. Many high grade Look n See cards in PSA holders are known to have been trimmed and resold by PWCC. The card you are seeking was listed on their marketplace about a year ago. I'm not saying it has been trimmed, just saying buyer beware.

Jeff
I appreciate your comment and information. I have heard about it before. Not to start a argument but what should collectors do when they know this information? Not buy? I mean as you said most are “trimmed” and graded by psa. What would you do? No to buy any of this card if you wanted one? At the end of the day future buyer have no choice but to buy these cards any way if they want one like all other “trimmed” cards.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
BST, Non-Sport and other section.
I don’t understand. Would you elaborate please… I just got added to this site and I am not familiar at all with different sections and categories in this site. I would greatly appreciate if you would help me. Thanks
Old 02-26-2023, 01:14 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinCollector View Post
I don’t understand. Would you elaborate please… I just got added to this site and I am not familiar at all with different sections and categories in this site. I would greatly appreciate if you would help me. Thanks
BST = Buy/Sell/Trade. There's a board specifically for buying or swapping cards, and it's sorted into sub-categories. It's where people would go to sell cards or find buyers and connect. The Non-Sports sections Direct link is here: https://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18. Will probably have better luck in that area.

Look N See's are a great set
Old 02-26-2023, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
BST = Buy/Sell/Trade. There's a board specifically for buying or swapping cards, and it's sorted into sub-categories. It's where people would go to sell cards or find buyers and connect. The Non-Sports sections Direct link is here: https://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18. Will probably have better luck in that area.

Look N See's are a great set
Thank you so much!
Old 02-26-2023, 04:40 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
I appreciate your comment and information. I have heard about it before. Not to start a argument but what should collectors do when they know this information? Not buy? I mean as you said most are “trimmed” and graded by psa. What would you do? No to buy any of this card if you wanted one? At the end of the day future buyer have no choice but to buy these cards any way if they want one like all other “trimmed” cards.
An interesting question, I think the choice to buy or not is up to the collector.
Personally I would want a non- trimmed card in an average grade instead of a card that's been trimmed.

To me the trimmed ones will always be real cards fake conditon no matter whose slab they're in. If PSA remains incompetent and unwilling to admit it and take steps to get better the 9 is essentially meaningless.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza11 View Post
Sam,

Jeff
This card was graded many years ago. That it sold in PWCC a year ago means essentially nothing. It is, though, a good idea to do your diligence on any high grade Look N See you are considering. Look at the Tiffany Cards altered card database. Look at surrounding cert numbers, it they are all super high grade it might be suspicious. Check the size closely although that is not always dispositive. Check any sales history.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-26-2023 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:54 PM
Mike

Click the Non-Sports Card Forum at the right top of the page.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:05 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

If anyone knows who owns this specific card, it's probably Marty on the Vintage Nonsports Board, which you can get to using the hyperlinked thumbnail in the top right corner of this website.

Here's one of my posts about this set there:
https://forum.vintagenonsports.com/p...g%20look%20see

As to whether or not you should care, of course you should. A PSA 9 which was a 5 at one point, and trimmed to get better centering and addition of a counterfeit "rough cut" does not a MINT card make. It's an Altered card. PSA (and the other grading companies') incompetence should not make it valuable.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:08 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
At the end of the day future buyer have no choice but to buy these cards any way if they want one like all other “trimmed” cards.
And then they'd be taking the risk that PSA decertifies the grade, and they're left with a slab that you can't verify in their system. Good luck reselling that one. And PSA has decertified the grades of many cards that were exposed by BODA as trimmed, even though they will claim that photographic evidence is not good enough... ;-)
Buy a nice creased raw card for $50. There's a good chance it's natural.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:51 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

They have the choice to buy a trimmed card in an authentic holder or no holder for like 5% of the price.