NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Default Baseball team Maroons photos 1915

Posted By: Joann

Yeah. And irritating and offending people. Wow. Never saw that coming.

Joann

Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steven Finley

Reading your threads is like having a conversation with a Christopher Walken. A Christopher Walken who is in the late stages of dementia.
But it's good for a laugh.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

Well hey there goes my good pal Joann. How are you this evening doll? What is amazing to me is that all the people who only want to read baseball posts read mine. You know there is going to be major noise so why bother checking out the post. Most of you folks remind of like these people who go to concerts and once inside they start whining the guitars are to loud so they leave and complain about the noise level. The acoustic room is down the hall to the left folks where the VW bus is parked outside. Levine i just pasted that because it really is the truth. In my opinion Shields had a fling with the gal and then when she got to close and smothered the guy he got turned off and started seeking other women, the guy was a womanizer and his actions fit the bill. Oh i almost forgot, welcome to the party Joann, Vegas has you 1/9 to start whining about some guy who offended you with a spanking comment. I feel a tidal wave of BRING THE NOISE haters about to show up and then yep you guessed it Vegas has it a dead lock that the witch hunt will start and Leon will get bothered with the banning deal zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

I'm not posting anymore in regards to this thread but i suspect sevral folks will.

Over/under now 4.5

Old 01-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

Bring The Noisome.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Anthony, you brought to mind one of my favorite Cleveland Browns of the 1980s: Ozzie Noisome.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Man you are full of it. Add plagiarism to his list of offenses (sweet cut-and-paste job there). You talk big and then bring noise but no substance. I've been meaning to ask you what you actually do for a living, cause you ain't supporting yourself with your music or golf careers. You simply aren't going to be able to hold your own on a forum full of Doctors, Lawyers, Educators, and other highly educated professionals.

On a side note: If you were honestly offered $20,000 for a 1904 Deadwood town team photo, you better go find the guy and cash in (if wasn't just a joke).

-Rhett
(hoping Marshall brings something other than white noise)

Old 01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Administrator

I had to post Rob because a dear friend arrived Barbara Bush errrr Joann. Ladies and Gentleman in the red corner we have Al C,Wonka,Joann,Levine,Quan,Ryan Christoff,David Mcdonald, Rhett and others and in the blue corner we have Shoelessjj and about 9 folks who e-mail me about what a pain in the ass these people are but do not want to start trouble on the board for fear of being banned or attacked constantly when they post. No matter how it shakes out when i post on here it generally goes over 100 which means we are all having fun baby so yep in the immortal words of Chuck D BRING THE NOISE!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Over/under now 3.5

Old 01-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Funny, from here it looks like you are standing in the corner all by yourself!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Luckily, I have the over. I expect to cash my ticket within the hour.

To be honest, it was like stealing money: very easy to predict.

Edited to add: I did not, however, put anything on the "All the supportive people who e-mail me" proposition bet. Missed that one. Dang it.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Marshall- why do you post on this board? And what do you get out of it? Every time there is a thread in which you participate you become the center of the universe. Why do all the other board members have to listen to this crap?

Okay, my turn to get attacked. Here goes...

Old 01-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Rhett.... i only posted it stating what a man wrote who researched the incident so sorry for not saying ok here is a example from the book. Man bro are you slllllooowwwwww. Allow me to explain something to you Rhett, i do understand the powerful people who are members on this board and when it comes to money if they want something 20,000 is like 20 dollars. I travel in the same circle of folks just so happens none are interested in baseball cards and most of my friends are not politically correct. Now if you have a Reginald Marsh period New York burlesque scene or Chinese libation cup made from the horn of a rhino from Sumatra then that is a whole different story but i doubt if you know who Reginald Marsh or where Sumatra is located. Really some folks who pay attention to my posts may learn something outside the baseball card world and one day be at a auction and buy a high end piece of art due to me mentioning certain artists or antiques now wouldn't that be something.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay wolt

Leon - Please lock this nonsense

Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

It's all self-aggrandizing. It's obvious when he starts the thread the point is to create conflict and become the center of attention.

If Marshall were here to participate in a vintage baseball discussion he wouldn't make such an effort to keep the conversation about himself rather than the cards.

*Edited to add: Every one of our posts feeds the monster.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

I'm not posting anymore in regards to this thread but i suspect sevral folks will.

Over/under now 2.5

Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Rob...last post kid so Vegas steals your money. Barry i'm not gonna attack you because if you do not like my posts just go to the main board and skip mine. Truth is you like to see what in the hell is going on. You remind me of the guy who is driving his wife to bingo and passes the strip club and pays no attention. On the way home however drives by real slow to take a gander if some long legs happen to be standing outside. The thing that is so comical is how am i the center of attention? There is a whole message board full of interesting topics and baseball cards. This is only 1 post out of hundreds and it is mine so i will say what is on my mind in it. Trust me if Joann,Wonka,Levine or others post i just skip over it because i have no interest, why would i post on their post knowing it will only cause conflict because we are much different people. The folks that e-mail me know who they are and what was said and i'll keep the info private. What would be great though is that if they posted their thoughts we would really have something rocking on the main board trust me on that one.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Over/under now 2.5

Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Maybe everybody should skip over your posts. Nobody really needs to read them. You're just writing for your own entertainment.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Over/under now 1.5

Old 01-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Okay Marshall, I'll bite, you like to put others down, I get that, but now back it up. Where is your education from, where did you go to school. What do you do when not writing drivel on internet chat rooms? You have called people "retarded" when in fact they are highly educated Attorney's. You call high-class ladies "doll" and threaten to spank them. You have also questioned my intelligence, great, but just so you know, when people speak to me, they call me Dr. Yeakley. Back it up "Bro" bring your noise! Let us know from where your fountain of infinite knowledge springs forth from.

-Rhett

What's the over-under on Marshall actually answering my questions?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Court jesters, also once the center of attention:

[linked image]

Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

My head still hurts.

Steve

Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

My new favorite Marshallism... "...it really is the truth. In my opinion..." Whiplash anyone?

Is it truth or opinion?

Truth: Marshall likes to brag.
Opinion: This makes him an ass.

Marshall, people come on and read your posts because they like to laugh at the little boy still shouting into the wind. I admit, I do have a problem when it comes to people like you. I just have to correct them and try to teach them manners, respect, and grammar (teacher in me) but at least I know I have a problem.

Same thing happens with car wrecks. You, my friend, are the car wreck or this board.

Joshua

Old 01-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

[linked image]

[linked image]

Old 01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Rhett... i really don't enjoy putting others down bro. i just don't take slack from folks that is all. If you are so highly educated and smart then hmmmmmm let's see maybe if you go to the website there is only like 20 or so articles about who i am and also a bio page. I grew up around Mobsters,gangsters,bookies and the racetrack. When i was 16 i hit a trifecta for 19,000 with a friend of mine who is no longer with us, he was a bookie and said kid you got some moxy to put a 99 to one shot on top. I enjoy gambling and love people who have alot of confidence in themselves. I like watching the movie Cobb and see him bet someone that he can hit a single,steal second, third and home at 10 to one odds. I love watching old clips of ali telling everyone how pretty he is and predicting knockouts. The picture below was taken by a ESPN photographer, he asked me before the round what my chances were and i said book it pards because i am here to win, his response was awful cocky since there is proven PGA Tour winners in the field. You see Rhett in order to shoot 68 when no one else believes you can or everyone thinks you are some freak with weird clothes who can't possibly beat proven winners on the PGA Tour all you have to do is start talking major trash and then BRING THE NOISE.[linked image] [linked image]

Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I am so tired of that...so what, you shot 68 one round several years ago. Way to answer his question. Do you have a job? Are you a deadbeat, live off your families money, what? Your website is at least two years out of date...

Ever notice that everyone who wants to be a badass and bring the noise is just like everyone else who does the same...you think tatoos and giving the finger to the camera makes you original...that is funny. How about doing something to better the world, add some knowledge to the universe, or help someone other than yourself.

Marshall you are a selfish brat. A bully and a thug. And I am still convinced that Joann could easily kick your ass.

Joshua

Old 01-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

"Oh i almost forgot, welcome to the party Joann, Vegas has you 1/9 to start whining about some guy who offended you with a spanking comment."

I've been steering away from this thread but I just got home and I saw this.

Marshall, you are a child. It makes me sick that you're allowed to post on this board. You have added absolutely zero value, other than stirring up crap. I don't participate on this board for the People magazine garbage. Twice now, you've gone after Joann with sexual comments, and the only reason I could think of that you would stoop to that level - twice - even after the bitch-slapping you took LAST time - is because you're entirely too stupid to have an intelligent discussion of any kind, with anyone, and that includes debating.

My opinion: your picture is nothing special.

I'm out.

-Al

Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

I must admit, I don't see a bully and a thug here or I must be the HULK. Marshall is a tad loud but Leon has confirmed that he is legit so that is good enough for me. We all have personalities and his is a bit rougher than most but he has still brought some quality info to the board as some have mentioned and I have to back Leon that this guy is for real. Marshall, you are always welcome at my table at any show. Dan.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

I lost track of how this thread came to be, and where it went, but two observations:

(1) I just love the old Indian photos. I've seen part of the Kurt Koegler collection several times in person (years ago in his home), and it is astounding. It generates that same feeling all true collectors feel when they see the culmination of a life's work ... you appreciate it the way non-collectors do not.

(2) How did Johnny Cash get into this -- seeing his photo on this board is a bit odd, but not unwelcome. Personal favorite song ... Big River.

Apologies for adding to the noise, or noize.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Rob...last post kid so Vegas steals your money.

Over/under now .5

Old 01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I think at some point we all have to realize that harping on a poster's quirkiness leads to flame wars...certain few individuals on this board feed off of the attention that these quirks bring. So if we can at least ignore the Noise bringing, the referring to oneself as "we", et cetera then the board would probably be more productive. I don't condone what these certain few posters do in what they perceive to be "retaliation", but it's not my call whether or not they post here. Ignoring these things will go a long way in making the Net54 a better place.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Dan, I think this has gone way beyond simple quirkiness. I get it, this guy is an individual, and "rocks" to the beat of his own drum, but his behavior is uncalled for.

He started his flaming on this thread when he called someone a "Retard" after they simply told him what his picture was worth. This guy adds NOTHING to this pre-war baseball card forum and continues to throw insults around. The amount of leeway he has been allowed is unlike anything we have seen before -- not from Chao, Moraine, or any of the other guys that used to post here.

I'm not gonna tell you guys how to run the forum, you do a great job, this guy is just a cancer.
-Rhett

He still never answered my question about what he does when not "bringing the headache."

Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Rhett, Marshall has done nothing comparable to at least three other posters who I shall leave nameless so as to not start something that shouldn't be started. One of them is gone, one rarely posts and the other still posts away. I simply think ignoring the "Noise" and concentrating perhaps on the positives will make the "Noise" die down.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Dan, fair enough, I'm done. Barring personal attacks on me I will not respond further.
-Rhett

Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Dan,I think the only positive will come when the noise does die down...so far I've seen him argue with at least 20 respected board members,not listen to moderators,and add nothing. What exactly are we waiting for with him because it better be real good for all the real contributing members to have to put up with this much garbage. Until he proves otherwise,I think he is just here to annoy people. For some strange reason some people like negative attention given to them from strangers over the internet. I don't understand the fascination with it but if thats his thing I guess this board is making him real happy now.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ralph

Ok, hold up hold up..
I gotta say this Barkman cat is makes every post an entertaining shootout !,
Its riveting.. true its all about him, but they start so innocently..a simple post about some obscure BB card.... then it slowly turns to " ha ha nay nay" ..and guys get fired up..and off it goes... dozens of post..hundreds sometimes ! ..its incredible, Bark you da man !, you always bring juice.. you always bring the noi.. OH FRIG.. Now he's got me saying it.. BRING DA NOISE BOY BRING DA NOISE !!LOL

Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Administrator

John, this thread started okay...probably should have been on the memorabilia side though. Marshall really needs to learn better ways to communicate with the forum members here about disagreements, and I think it behooves us to ignore the "noisy" parts of his posts much in the same way we've learned to ignore "we". At the very least he's learned to post scans which is not something that can be said of some of the other problem child posters who have posted here in the past.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Could you imagine if MB used "we"....the board would get a ticket for noise pollution. I'm not chipping in,thats gonna have to come out of the banner money

Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

I'm in the red corner?

Is that pinko commie red, or Jim C./Ted Z. red?

Can't I just be in the blue corner? Maybe a different one than you're in, Marshall? Indigo perhaps? Cobalt? Azure?

-Ryan

Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Wow this is still going on?

Steve

Old 01-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Administrator

It's sort of been fun.....

Steve- no, it's not still going.

Lets get back to cards. And for all of those that say to ban folks and lock threads very quickly, that's never been my MO.....I try to let folks hang themselves if they want to and I try not to lock threads, too much. Regardless of anything else I still think people, who aren't anonymous, should be able to say what they want to (per the loosely enforced rules). Some will say I haven't banned Marshall because he hasn't attacked me. That's not the case. Marshall can add value and will quit if I ask. The few others that were ever banned wouldn't quit no matter what. And the abuse dished out by Marshall, in my opinion, has been miniscule compared to other things I have seen. I will leave it at that. I will ask Marshall not to post anymore PSA threads (for some weeks) and no more off topic for a longer while. It's all per the rules if anyone cares to read them. I am sorry if I offend anyone by not banning or locking quicker....take care