NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default 1957 Yankees 8X10 Photo Pack?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post this here, as I am unsure what I have and know the seasoned Mantle guys will probably know exactly what this is.

This is a set of 12 thin stocked 8x10 Yankee Premiums. I have searched far and wide and can not find anything.

The Mantle looks like the Wheaties pose.

If I had to guess, I would want to say this is 57, just because Elston Howard came up in 54 and Stengel finished in 60. Split the middle and boom haha.

I'd love more information as to exactly what this is, and what it's worth.

Thanks in advance ladies and gents.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Michael

Even though you got to a year in a convoluted way , I think you are correct. The earliest the set can be is 1957 based on Kubek (his first year was 1957). I don't think it's later because I have a set that I believe is from 1958 and a set I know is from 1959 which are about 6" by 8-1/2" and have 16 photos in each set. I also have a set that I think is from 1956 that has Collins and Martin instead of Kubek and Stengel. It's possible that mine is an earlier edition of 1957 since that was Collins' last year with the Yankees and Martin was traded away in June of 1957.

I'd put the value anywhere between $100 and $150.

If you're interested in selling, let me know. I'd be interested in buying it.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Ben W.hitener

Default from scd looks like 57

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 4.46.59 PM.jpg (11.5 KB, 233 views)
Old 11-28-2017, 03:25 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Thanks guys! These are nowhere online it's pretty weird. I appreciate the help.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

If you used the reference books that you showed in an earlier thread you would have found it yourself.

Jeff
Old 11-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Thanks guys! These are nowhere online it's pretty weird. I appreciate the help.
Mike is pretty much the expert on these things. If it's for sale, I'd give you $10 less than whatever he is offering you.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

The books were home and I was at the office. Still weird that it didn't pop up anywhere online isn't it jeff?
Old 11-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Ben North

Quote:
The books were home and I was at the office. Still weird that it didn't pop up anywhere online isn't it jeff?
Just for fun I did a quick google search and bingo the top listing was Key Man Collectibles check list of all the New York Picture Photo Packs. Google is your friend.http://keymancollectibles.com/photos...kchecklist.htm
Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Nope....not everything is at your fingertips just by googling it and hoping that your first search gives you the answer that you are looking for. My personal opinion is that the members here have spoiled you. I would guess that you lead all members with “please help me posts” since you joined in 2016. To be brutally honest, I’m shocked that members still help you on a regular basis because it is clear that you are just a dealer trying to make a profit. I would feel differently if you were a collector.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2017, 05:54 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Nope....not everything is at your fingertips just by googling it and hoping that your first search gives you the answer that you are looking for. My personal opinion is that the members here have spoiled you. I would guess that you lead all members with “please help me posts” since you joined in 2016. To be brutally honest, I’m shocked that members still help you on a regular basis because it is clear that you are just a dealer trying to make a profit. I would feel differently if you were a collector.

Jeff
Jeff, if you followed my posts as you say you have, you would see I was a collector who tried to turn his passion into a business. I still collect jackie Robinson like I always have. You don't know me and it sounds like everything you say to all my posts is basically jealousy. Because people answer my questions they spoil me? I ask questions to learn. The funny thing is everyone here learns from me asking questions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Just for fun I did a quick google search and bingo the top listing was Key Man Collectibles check list of all the New York Picture Photo Packs. Google is your friend.http://keymancollectibles.com/photos...kchecklist.htm

I saw that but there were no photos. How could you confirm with no photo? Thanks again for chiming in on my threads with no help.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:15 AM
Michael

Quote:
I saw that but there were no photos. How could you confirm with no photo? Thanks again for chiming in on my threads with no help.
There are photos for some of the Yankee sets, I think mostly (if not only) the Jay's sets. Here's a link to the page for 1958:

http://keymancollectibles.com/photos...icpack1958.htm

You can get to the other years from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
Mike is pretty much the expert on these things. If it's for sale, I'd give you $10 less than whatever he is offering you.
Thanks for the kind words, Chris.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:37 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Jeff, if you followed my posts as you say you have, you would see I was a collector who tried to turn his passion into a business. I still collect jackie Robinson like I always have. You don't know me and it sounds like everything you say to all my posts is basically jealousy. Because people answer my questions they spoil me? I ask questions to learn. The funny thing is everyone here learns from me asking questions as well.
My quick response:

Jealousy=funny!

You don't ask questions to learn...you ask questions so that you can make money.

You'd be surprised how many people feel the same way I do about you on Net54.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

The only people on Net54 I care about are the people I like. You didn't make that list. And also in psychology class I learned that a comment such as youd be surprised how many people feel the same way I do, is usually a biased comment which holds no merit as what you think and what actually is in response to a argument is usually nowhere close to the same.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-29-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:05 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
The only people on Net54 I care about are the people I like. You didn't make that list. And also in psychology class I learned that a comment such as youd be surprised how many people feel the same way I do, is usually a biased comment which holds no merit as what you think and what actually is in response to a argument is usually nowhere close to the same.
I'm sorry that don't like me...sometime the truth hurts.

Good luck on your future endeavors Stephen.

Jeff
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Ben North

Quote:
You should have paid more attention in psychology class. I have no idea why but I get emails/PMs about you on a regular basis that say the same exact thing Jeff said. They all ask if I think you are a scammer.

I did a search and found a website for you. You act like an dick instead of bookmarking it and thanking me, at least you are consistent in that area.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:44 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
You should have paid more attention in psychology class. I have no idea why but I get emails/PMs about you on a regular basis that say the same exact thing Jeff said. They all ask if I think you are a scammer.

I did a search and found a website for you. You act like an dick instead of bookmarking it and thanking me, at least you are consistent in that area.
I have already done over 100 transactions on the site (probably closer to 200). If I was a scammer the word would probably be out already don't ya think?

Also you weren't doing me a favor you were making fun insinuating that it was so easy to find. Stop being such a tool man. You posted that after we already figured out what it was. Also, I think this is uncommon as you literally can't find a photo anywhere and even Austin Mike doesn't have one (at least that was my understanding) and he has most of them.

Leon,

Can I start charging advertisers to link to my threads, as it seems everything I post turns into one of these threads. Eyeballs = money right? Might as well capitalize on the haters.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 11-29-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:44 AM
Chris

I wont address the other comments as I don't want to get involved in that but these are not something you could easily identify on your own, even with research. Without having a number of others to study, these are very difficult to pinpoint to specific years. Sometimes the grading companies have misidentified these things making it even more difficult to get an answer.

Last edited by Bestdj777; 11-29-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:02 AM
Michael

Quote:
I wont address the other comments as I don't want to get involved in that but these are not something you could easily identify on your own, even with research. Without having a number of others to study, these are very difficult to pinpoint to specific years. Sometimes the grading companies have misidentified these things making it even more difficult to get an answer.
+1

Not to mention potentially incorrect information in published documents. The SCD section posted above lists a photo (the 12th photo in the listing) as a group photo of the coaches and Stengel. That is obviously not the case as there was a photo of Stengel by himself.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:07 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

I think we can now confidently say that we can add this to a checklist!

This came from an untouched 50's collection.

I think the checklist is accurate on these and should submit to SCD and Beckett.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:51 AM
Dave H@rford

Quote:
Another +1

As an example, for the 1957-1959 Red Sox Photo packs, there are at least 7 known variations of these 3 years. Trying to pinpoint a date/year can be very difficult. Unfortunately, the variations are not described (or even listed as a possibility) in the SCD properly and often cause even more confusion.

Dave

Last edited by Harford20; 11-29-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Mike

Looks like same photos as used in the Mascot Dog Food photos on another thread.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post

Jeff
well said, jeff.

my bet is more than a few members were nodding in agreement when reading your post. I know I was
Old 11-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Ok Ronnie go back in your hole now.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM

for some reason i could not get this photo to upload in one piece so here goes. This is the multi coach and Casey photo mentioned earlier in this post. This photo is included with the eleven player photos you posted. Even the envelope is the same.

I also have the set you posted but do not know what year these sets are from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCAN0104.jpg (70.0 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg SCAN0105.jpg (68.6 KB, 149 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:24 PM

got it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCAN0100.jpg (75.6 KB, 143 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:28 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

1957 I believe. I'm pretty confident at this point. How many of these photo packs do you even know of that are out there? I can not find a single one!
Old 12-04-2017, 02:42 PM

First let me state I am not the original owner of either of these photo sets. The envelope with the multi coach has 1958 written in pencil by the previous owner on it. The envelope with the set you have posted has Cooperstown, New York 1959 written in pencil by the previous owner.
I have six different sets of the 8x 10 size and three different of the 6x9 sets. I have a seventh set of the 8 x 10 that I can not confirm as an authentic full set.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Michael

Mike, thanks for posting that photo. I've seen it listed before but have never seen it and was beginning to wonder if it really existed.

I have five 8"X10" sets. Like you I'm not the original owner of any of them. Based on the players in them and SCD, I think they are from 1953, 1955, 1956, 1960, and 1961. The checklists are as follows:

19531955 1956 1960 1961
Bauer,Hank Bauer,Hank Bauer,Hank Berra, Yogi Berra, Yogi
Berra, Yogi Berra, Yogi Berra, Yogi Ditmar, Art Blanchard, John
Collins, Joe Carey, Andy Carey, Andy Ford, Whitey Ford, Whitey
Ford, W Collins, Joe Collins, Joe Howard, El. Howard, Elston
Lopat, E Ford, Whitey Ford, Whitey Kubek, Tony Kubek, Tony
Mantle, M Grim, Bob Howard, E Lopez, H Mantle, Mickey
McDougald, G Howard, E Larsen, Don Mantle, M Maris, Roger
Mize, Johnny Mantle, M Mantle, M Maris, R Richardson, Bobby
Raschi, Vic McDougald, G Martin, B Richardson, B Skowron, Bill
Reynolds, A Rizzuto, Phil McDougald, G Skowron, B Turley, Bob
Rizzuto, Phil Skowron, B Skowron, B Stengel, Casey
Woodling, G Turley, Bob Turley, Bob Turley, Bob

The 1956 and 1960 sets are listed in SCD. The 1961 set only has 10 pictures and it is also listed in SCD as Manny's Baseball Land. They did baseball photo sets for all the other teams as well.

My "1955" set has "Ross Photo Service, Inc." in the lower left corner.

I also have three 6"X9" sets. One I know is from 1959 (the printed envelope has that year on it). Another is listed in SCD as 1956 (although my set also has Rizzuto along with the 22 listed in SCD) and the other I think is from 1960. I'll try to post their checklists later when I have more time.

I'm really interested in the checklists for yours when and if you have the time.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think the question was a good one. I get hosed up on years of photo packs sometimes and these kinds of threads help me learn. Thanks Stephen. Keep up the good work!! You contribute more good stuff than most on the forum.

Last edited by Leon; 12-05-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I agree, Leon.

AustimMike, your table format did not come through. You might try doing a screen cap of the table, cropping it, and posting it as a photo.

I've been trying to get coherent data on picture packs for a while now. Unless you are lucky enough to get a dated complete pack, you have to really hunt and peck to find data. I've been stuck checklisting by image for the players I collect.

Other problems that there are sometimes more than one pack per year (team issued, all star, etc), the composition of packs can vary, and some of the pictures came from third parties (Jay's, Manny's Baseball Land, etc.) but are indistinguishable from the team issues. Then there is the image itself. The OP images have multiple formats, which makes them appear to be from different sets.

It is just a mess. I've shown this Musial to all sorts of Cardinals and player collectors, and no one can ID it definitively:

Same with this Feller, which came in a multisport pack that included FB, boxing and wrestling too:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 12-05-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Dave H@rford

Quote:
Same with this Feller, which came in a multisport pack that included FB, boxing and wrestling too:
Exhibitman, are the Feller and Graziano 6-5/8"x9" on blank-backed paper? I have seen large collections of these (20-30 photos) and been told that these were modeled after (or possibly made as) a Bond Bread card and offered as a "Premium" photo. I have not been able to determine HOW these were offered, (i.e. mail-in, trade-in, order form with money, certain distributor, etc.). I have seen enough players/boxers to determine that the "set" does seem to match the list of Bond Bread players. I can't explain the football players, although I have NO EXPERTISE in football.

Dave

Last edited by Harford20; 12-05-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

AustimMike, your table format did not come through. You might try doing a screen cap of the table, cropping it, and posting it as a photo.
Yeah, I noticed when I did the "Preview Post." I tried putting tabs in to format it properly and that didn't work. I took your advice and have attached the list as a jpg.

Repeating from my previous post, these are 8 by 10 Yankee photo sets. The "1955" set has "Ross Photo Service, Inc." in the lower left corner and the 1961 set is from Manny's Baseball Land.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (89.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 12-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Yeah, I noticed when I did the "Preview Post." I tried putting tabs in to format it properly and that didn't work. I took your advice and have attached the list as a jpg.

Repeating from my previous post, these are 8 by 10 Yankee photo sets. The "1955" set has "Ross Photo Service, Inc." in the lower left corner and the 1961 set is from Manny's Baseball Land.
I am so so confused now. None of these match the one I have.

Mine is:

Bob Turley
Gil McDougald
Bill Skowron
Larry Berra
Hank Bauer
Andy Carey
Elston Howard
Casey Stengel
Mickey Mantle
Whitey Ford
Don Larsen
Tony Kubek

Is this a 57-59?
Old 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM

The important point is The set you have is complete and accurate and you have the envelope. I also have that exact set and have seen it around. The only issue is the year which will remain a mystery unless a star witness out of perry mason comes forward to settle this.

i will do a follow up on that checklist request as soon as I can.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:58 PM
pete ullman

Very Nice! I have a more recent similar set...but no envelope. That'd have made a super dooper xmas give away for a true yankee fan!!!!!

Quote:
I am so so confused now. None of these match the one I have.

Mine is:

Bob Turley
Gil McDougald
Bill Skowron
Larry Berra
Hank Bauer
Andy Carey
Elston Howard
Casey Stengel
Mickey Mantle
Whitey Ford
Don Larsen
Tony Kubek

Is this a 57-59?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Very Nice! I have a more recent similar set...but no envelope. That'd have made a super dooper xmas give away for a true yankee fan!!!!!

Sorry but I need to pay my mortgage somehow!!!

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 12-05-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:41 PM

Here is some info on the 6 x 9 sets. I am very certain these are accurate and complete. The 1956 set I have is identical to SCD listing and I also have the rizzuto for a total of 23 photos. Becketts list this set at 24 includingEddie Robinson and rizzuto as part of this set. I have the Robinson photo but I think it is from one of those all star game photo packs issued in the 50's as the photo is so slightly larger than the other 23 in the Yankees set. The other times I have come across this Yankees set they never have the Robinson in the set. The set I purchased did not have the Robinson photo in it but did have the rizzuto.

1959 New York Yankees photographs. Sixteen photo set. Bauer. Berra Carey. Ditmar ford. Howard Kucks . Kubek. Larsen. Mantle. McDougald. Richardson. Slaughter. Skowron. Stengel. Turley. The envelope is white with 1959 New York Yankees photographs. . . Printed in blue. There are two versions of the envelope but say the same thing.

1960 set has fourteen photos. Berra. Carey. Ditmar. Duren. Ford. Howard. Kubek . Mantle. McDougald. Richardson. Shantz. Skowron. Stengel. Turley. The envelope is white with blue print. "1960 New York Yankees photographs"
Old 12-05-2017, 05:38 PM

Some info on the 8 x 10 On the sets you posted I have the sets you referenced as 1953,1956,1960 and 1961 Manny's . I have the envelope for the 1956 and 1960 sets.

The set I have including the envelope missing from your listing is Bauer. Berra. Carey. Collins. Ford. Howard. McDougald. Mantle. Martin. Rizzuto. Skowron. Turley. I have another set including the envelope of the same group of players just mentioned. This set I do not believe is authentic as two of the photos have different paper stock.

I then have the set that started this thread. As noted I have the "alternate" set with the group photo of Casey and the coaches Replacing the solo shot of Casey.

Regarding your 1953 set mine came with a Gerry Coleman for a total of 13. I had doubts this photo was part of the set as the pose is a studio portrait. It seemed out of place. Same paper stock though.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Michael

Thanks Mike.

Here's my listing of 6 by 9 sets. I actually have four and not three. I included the 1961 set (Champion Set, could be 1962) even though it is not 6 by 9, it is 5 by 7, the typical size of Jay's sets, but unlike Jay's sets, the photos are not close-ups, but more like the "Action Photo" sets. Lastly, I've attached photos of the 1959 and 1960 envelopes. I have the envelope for the 1956 set, but it doesn't show the year and the year is a guess on my part. No envelope for the 1958 set (another guess on the year on my part).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6by9.jpg (75.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg 1959 Yankees photo set envelope.jpg (72.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Yankees photo set envelope.jpg (76.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesplace30 View Post
Some info on the 8 x 10 On the sets you posted I have the sets you referenced as 1953,1956,1960 and 1961 Manny's . I have the envelope for the 1956 and 1960 sets.

The set I have including the envelope missing from your listing is Bauer. Berra. Carey. Collins. Ford. Howard. McDougald. Mantle. Martin. Rizzuto. Skowron. Turley. I have another set including the envelope of the same group of players just mentioned. This set I do not believe is authentic as two of the photos have different paper stock.

I then have the set that started this thread. As noted I have the "alternate" set with the group photo of Casey and the coaches Replacing the solo shot of Casey.

Regarding your 1953 set mine came with a Gerry Coleman for a total of 13. I had doubts this photo was part of the set as the pose is a studio portrait. It seemed out of place. Same paper stock though.
The difference between what I have as 1956 and your set that I don't have is that mine has Larsen and yours has Rizzuto. Both sets have Howard and Turley. The first year they played for the Yankees is 1955 so neither of those sets can be earlier than that. Rizzuto last played for the Yankees in 1956 so the sets with Rizzuto probably aren't after 1956. Larsen also first played for the Yankees in 1955 but didn't become prominent until the 1956 World Series. So I wouldn't place the sets with Larsen any earlier than 1956. I would like to place sets with Larsen after 1956 but he is included in the 1956 Jay's sets. The difference between what I have listed as 1955 (with Ross Photo Service in the lower left corner) and the set you have that I don't have is mine has Grim and yours has Martin. Again, both have Howard and Turley so they can't be earlier than 1955. Martin was traded from the Yankees on June 15, 1957 so the sets with him probably aren't after 1957. Grim was traded, weird as it is, on June 15, 1958, so sets with him probably aren't after 1958. Stephen's set has Kubek who started playing with the Yankees in 1957 so sets with him can't be before 1957. Larsen last played for the Yankees in 1959 so the set can't be after that. Collins last played for the Yankees in 1957 and seemed to be a mainstay of sets up to and including 1957. Stephen's set doesn't have Collins so it is probably from either 1958 or 1959. So I suppose it's more likely that Stephen's set is from either 1958 or 1959. What I have listed as 1956 is probably 1957 and yours is probably 1955 or 1956. What I have as 1955 could be either 1955 or 1956. Clear as mud?
Old 10-03-2023, 01:04 PM
Michael

I've picked up another 8"-by-10" Yankees Action picture pack. I believe it is from 1956. My opinion are the years I have are 1953, 1955, 1956, 1957, and 1960. I think the checklists for the various years may be as listed below. Even though I don't have the 1958 or 1959 sets, I based the checklists on the sets Mike and Steven have. I've also attached photos for the sets and envelopes they came in. Unfortunately, for some reason, the pictures for 1955 and 1960 are not being uploaded, something about a security token being missing. The following checklist is purely speculative on my part. It may be that more than one distinct set was issued during a year. It is also possible that a set was issued for more than one year. Also, sorry for the large envelope pictures. I have jpegs of them in a smaller size with the player photos, but none of them would load because of a missing security token.

Yankees Action Photograph sets.jpg

Year based on inclusion of Whitey Ford who returned from the service in 1953 and Johnny Mize and Vic Raschi who last played for the Yankees in 1953..

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-WN7uoI8RFzbMaaL.jpg

1953 Envelope.jpg

Based on Elston Howard and Bob Turley first playing for the Yankees in 1955.

1955 Action Envelope.jpg

The only differences between this set and the previous set is that Grim is out and Martin is in. It seems either set could be 1955 or 1956. The envelope is interesting in that it indicates the set came from Manny's.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-nTwxVo7UNfx7j98.jpg

1956 Action envelope front.jpg 1956 Action envelope reverse.jpg

The only difference between this set and the previous set is that Rizzuto is out (he retired after the 1956 season) and Larsen is in (he was the hero of the 1956 World Series).

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-I1pnUrv63j.jpg
1957 Action envelope.jpg

The only differences between this set and the previous set is that Collins is out (he was not on the team after 1957), Martin is out (he was traded during the 1956 season), Tony Kubek is in (he first came up in 1957) and the multiple coaches/Stengel is in. Dickey stopped coaching for the Yankees and became a scout after the 1957 season, so it is possible this is from 1957 instead.

The only difference between this set and the previous set is that the multiple coaches/Stengel is out and the lone Stengel is in. Dickey stopped coaching for the Yankees in 1957 so it makes sense to replace with just Stengel.

The differences between this and the previous set are that Bauer is out (left Yankees after 1959 season), Carey is out (not sure why), Larsen is out (not with team after 1959), McDougald is out (not sure why), Ditmar is in, Lopez is in, Maris is in, and Richardson is in.

1960 Action envelope.jpg