NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 PM

Default If u can't Make National...Thread to say HI!

Hello all!

Too many names / and collectors to list here, but i will not be attending the national.....alot of you have asked me, and due to obligations, difficult to do....

I hope it comes to A/C some year, and that will be doable....i missed the last time was in A/C and was bummed I'm sure Johnny D and myself would be car pooling

Anyway, id like to take this opp to thank all of you who have asked me....i can't wait to meet alot of you one day in person, or to showcase my collection in person one day....

until then, saying hi to all who will be there!

Id love to make a Net 54 dinner one day and meet Leon and the crew...

So many names i can't even start to list who i have always wanted to meet, so many great collectors/friends over the years....

Hope everyone who attends has an awesome time....finds the white whales of their collections....pigs out at the dinner and just has a great time

Please keep your eyes open for some freaky deaky t206 for me if you decide to pass on any

HAVE A BLAST AND ENJOY!!

Peace

Johnny
Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 AM

Don't lump me in with your lack of cardboard dedication, I'll be at the National on Sunday. In fact, our friend Donny will be there the day before too and he's driving down just for a single autograph. I won't say hi to anyone either, plan to be stealth like a ninja
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 07-22-2012, 12:34 AM

Default Johnny

Tell Donny baseball i said hi!! wish i was going with you guys....i remember going to Ft. washington years ago with you 2 and getting that willy ghost was a great time, dinnys nutz!

Have a great time
Old 07-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Have a great time everyone, and happy hunting.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post

Please keep your eyes open for some freaky deaky t206 for me if you decide to pass on any
I'll see what I can do Johnny.

Jantz
Old 07-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

I wish I could go to the National. I've only been to one as a kid long ago. Good luck to all who are going in your quests to find what you are looking for.

Thanks.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 07-22-2012, 10:49 AM

Default Jantz

Thanks Jantz!!

Did u get that card on ebay?? i hope so
Old 07-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Bruce C@rter

I thought about going this year until I realized I had booked my yearly fishing trip to Hawaii with my son at the same time. I will be thinking about you all having fun. Ok, maybe not if I am sitting in a fighting chair. Next year I want make the same mistake. Everyone have fun and dont drink to much.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:08 PM

Wish I could go this year but the wife and I will be strolling Haight-Ashbury, climbing the Coit Tower, meandering on Fisherman's Wharf and watching the Giants play the hated Dodgers.
Happy hunting to everyone and I hope all my collecting buddies have an incredibly great time and the 54 Dinner is a winner again this year.
tbob
If anyone spots a P2 Sweet Caporal pin of Marquard or Warhop, please grab it. I'll make it worth your while
Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Belltown Vintage

I feel like I know everyone as friends, who has posted in this thread. Hoping to meet each of you at some point.

Maybe TBob can be an honorary guest at our 'T206 Scraps and Misfits' convention, date to be determined.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:47 PM

Default Misfits convention

That sounds great!!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

SIGN ME UP Scott!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Default Freaks....

Jamie and Chris will definitely be in