NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Default "thegoudeyscum" officially canned for the 2nd time

Posted By: dan

Careful, this guy keeps popping up with decent looking reprints.

"Thank you for taking the time to write eBay with your concerns. My name
is Sanford and I'm happy to help you further.

I understand your concern regarding this situation with <thegoudeyking>
and <dogsday26>.

We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly
re-investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken
appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions
may
include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension
or terminating the membership.

At this time, our records indicate the user you are reporting is no
longer a registered eBay user"

Old 07-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: CardCowboy

Out of Curiostiy, how do you know this seller's cards are reprints? I won a 1933 Rogers Hornsby from dogsday26, and e-mailed him about guyng more Goudeys. He explained to me that his account was suspended due to shill bidding after his ex-wife creayed another account in his name, bid on his items, then emailed ebay about it causing him to be suspended. I have inspected the card closely and believe it to be authentic. I am supposed to send him money for more Goudeys, so please let me know how you have determined these as reprints so I can determine whether or not I'd be wating money or buying from an honest dealer. (He also said his accounts would be re-instated within 2 weeks, so I guess that will be a big clue.)

Old 07-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve k

CardCowboy - that "story" from this scammer is a cockamamie story if I ever heard one. You've been fooled once by this scammer, as the song by the Who goes, "don't get fooled again." Also - thoroughly read "Tips For New" at the top right of this forum's home page.

Old 07-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron M.

Wow--I wonder how people keep falling for these obvious scams and then cardcowboy repeats that story with a straight face. Man, please don't take this personally, but are you completely oblivious?? How can you seriously believe a story like that??

This is the type of story that has gradually changed my POV from blaming the scammers to placing a good share of the blame to those collectors defy all logic and reason and good sense and allow themselves to be scammed. These people need to learn their lesson somehow--so maybe allowing them to fall for a scam or two is what it takes for them to educate themselves for future collecting.

In that vein, cardcowboy, my advice would be to go ahead and ignore all the screaming red flags and willingly buy this guy's worthless reprints. Then go ahead and send them to PSA for grading (thus validating this exceptional bargain you and you alone have been smart enough to discover).

When PSA sends back your cards ungraded as reprints, then you can continue collecting with some hard earned wisdom.

Old 07-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

Folks considering stealing peoples' accounts and identities to shill and run bogus sales should familiarize themselves with the recently signed Federal Law concerning identify theft when committing a felony. Ever heard of the term 'manditory minimum sentencing'?