NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Default did anyone (else) buy fenway park seats from the red sox seat sale??

Posted By: kg

as some of u may or may not know, the boston red sox had a "seat sale" in late september towards the end of the regular season where they sold pairs of box seats (they're waterproofing the lower bowl of the park which entails removing all the existing box seats and replacing them with new ones); i bought two pairs (a total of four seats) and received them last week; simply put, they're just a cool and unique piece of memorabilia--probably my new favorite thing that i own (i'm primarily a vintage card and pack collector)--i was wondering if anyone else on these boards bought any seats from this sale and if so, if u've received them yet and what u think of the seats and whether or not they were worth the wait (and the money!!)--thanks in advance for any feedback!!

happy thanksgiving to all!!

Old 11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

How much were they?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brock

Should have waited, you would have gotten them at a discount price when they have to tear Fenway down because it can't hold more then 10 people. i'm just joking with you.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

As I life long Yankee fan, I have no need for Fenway seats! I live in Texas so firewood isn't necessary. happy.gif

Seriously, I'm sure you will enjoy them for years. I have a Yankee Stadium seat from 1973 and it is a great conversation piece.

(I do admit to being a Celtic fan and also have a double seat from Boston Garden.)

Old 11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator

they were $795 a pair, which i thought was a bit pricey at the time--but theve been selling on ebay in the 1200-1300 range, so if i ever decide to sell them (although i most likely wont), i'm sure i can get my money back (and then some)--a week after i bought them in late september someone sold a pair of them on ebay for over $2500 (and the seller didnt even have the seats in hand yet as the red sox didnt start shipping them until just over a week ago).

and jim: when and where did u get your garden seats how much did u pay for them?? i attended the boston garden auction in september 1996 and i was looking through the lelands catalog from that auction just the other day--i even kept track of what everything sold for while i was at the aution--its amazing how inexepensive so much of the stuff in that auction sold for--of course, i was only 27 back then and $500 for a pair of old wooden seats seemed a bit pricey at the time--but now, 12 years later, i wish i had bought a whole row of them!!!!

Old 11-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Garden seats were $500 + $75 shipping & handling.

[linked image]

I paid less for the Yankee Stadium seats.

[linked image]

Old 11-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Administrator

yup, i've got a brochure (flyer, or whatever u want to call it) thats almost identical to that one for the garden seats--same prices and phone number too, obviously--maybe i'll call that number and place an order!! yours looks like an ad from the newspaper, perhaps the boston globe or wall street journal--am i correct??

and only 7.50 for a yankee stadium seat??!! i suppose most people viewed that as a lot of money to pay for an old, rickety, beat-up seat back in the day; was that ad from 1973?? what do u think your seat would fetch today in auction?? and could u possibly blow-up that ad so i can read all the fine print??

Old 11-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Mine is a newspaper ad. I'm not sure what paper. It is not a trade paper (not SCD or anthing like that) but a regular newspaper. I lived in OH in 1996 but can't imagine they advertised it there. There are regular AP news stories on the back of the sheet.

As for the Stadium seats, it's $7.50 PLUS 5 empty packs of crush proof Winstons! My sister bought it for me for my 18th birthday. (She didn't smoke so she had to buy the cigs and throw them away. My mother thought that was the dumbest thing she'd ever heard.)

Unfortunately I can't improve the scan. I don't actually have that ad and when I blow it up it gets all fuzzy. I'm too cheap to pay $750 for the original ad. The scan is stolen from this site:

http://yankeestadiumseats.com/_wsn/page2.html

The other pages of this site also have some interesting stuff.

Here's one site more for seats:

http://www.authenticstadiumseats.com/

Old 11-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Theberge

I had looked into these seats. If I'm not mistaken they are the plastic seats that were placed in the bleachers back in the 80s (at least that's what Fenway told me when I called). I would love to get a seat from the thirties remodel (the old blue wooden seats). These usually sell for at least $1800 every time I see them available, which kills me every time I still sit in them.

Congrats on the pickup

Greg

Old 11-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

kg- sounds cool, can you post some pics?

i just got one of the original yankee stadium seats from Jay Wolt...i posted it in the 2nd pick-up thread...

Old 11-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Romeo

I am a total Yankee fan but live in New England I wish I had seen the add for the Fenway seat sale it would had looked good along side my Yankee Stadium seat.

[linked image]

Old 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: aro13

I bought some seats from the Boston Garden and I wish I had known about the Fenway seat sale. I was at the Memorial Auditorium seat sale in Buffalo a couple weeks ago and seats from there (most in lousy condition) were selling for between $100 and $800 a pair.

The biggest regret I have from the Boston Garden auction was not buying some of the old Stanley Cup banners that were sold. I think some were sold late at night when there were less people in attendance and they went for a great price relative to what the Stanley Cup banners at the Montreal Forum were selling for later.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Administrator

jim--thanks for the links to those websites--thats a funny story about your sister buying all those cigarettes just to get u the seat, and she didnt even smoke--sounds like something i would do!! (and your mom's reaction was even funnier--my mom wouldve reacted the same way!)--those old yankee stadium seats are pretty pricey for old, rotting seats with chipped paint--i think your sister got a helluva deal (smoker or not). and by the way, i bought a boston garden seat today (its a single).

greg--i dont know who u spoke to at the red sox--i'm kind of surprised they told u that they were
the plastic seats that were placed in the bleachers back in the 80s--i think whoever u spoke to was misinformed, as these seats all came from the non-bleacher parts of the ballpark (they had a bleacher seat sale after the 2007 season ended). besides, i dont ever remember fenway having red plastic seats with blue housing (armrests, etc) in the bleachers. at the time the sale began, the red sox themselves said they were box seats. but maybe u know something that i dont....

and finally, mvsnyc--i'll try to post some pics when i have a chance (although i dont know how; any suggestions??)--and thats a great yankee stadium seat u got from mr. wolt--do u mind if i ask u how much u paid for it??

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Administrator

kg- email me, and i will tell you privately.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Theberge

KG,

Are your seats the old wooden slat variety? If so, I am very jealous. When I called the Fenway promotion, they had mentioned to me that they were ripping out the old seats in the bleacher section. Now that I think of it, these wouldn't have been red. These seats had been advertised during both the Sox games as well as on WEEI radio.

Please post a pic of your seats, would love to see them. I just saw a pair of the thirties seats priced at $2000 just recently.

All the best,
Greg

P.S. I just found the old reference email of what I was talking about:

For the first time ever the Red Sox are making Fenway Park seats available for sale. As part of our continuing efforts to improve Fenway Park, the Red Sox will replace the outfield bleacher seats this off-season. These are the same seats that have held fans witnessing the exploits of Yaz, Rice, Evans, Lynn, Clemens and Martinez, not to mention the 2004 Red Sox World Championship run. We are providing our loyal season ticket holders with the first opportunity to guarantee a historic piece of Fenway Park.

Seats will be packaged and sold in pairs (2 seats). Seat removal will commence immediately after the Red Sox last home game.

Each Pair will sell for $550. However, for season ticket holders only, we are offering a 10% discount for a price of $495 per pair. This is inclusive of all charges, including shipping.

If you are interested in ordering a pair of Fenway Park seats, please call 877-RedSox9 Monday-Friday between 10am and 5pm with your credit card and shipping address information or fax the attached form to 1-617-226-6008 to secure your seats. You may also send an email to bleachers@redsox.com with your full name, day & night time phone numbers and email address and someone will contact you to secure your credit card payment and shipping information.

Multiple purchases may be allowed depending upon availability. Do not miss this opportunity to possess a piece of Fenway Park and Red Sox history. Thank you for your long-standing support!

The Boston Red Sox

p.s.s.

Just looked up Fenway seats on ebay and see your box seats for sale, as well as some bleacher seats for sale. Everyone's trying to turn a buck I guess. I believe all of these seats went in during the 80s and 90s. The old crappy wooden slat ones painted blue in the grandstand sections (would love to get a pair of those) are the ones from the thirties.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Michael,

Nice looking Yankee Stadium chair you picked up! Funny thing is, yours is #17. Mine is #18. The way the siderails are cut, they may have been neighbors at one time.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Administrator

kg,

At the top of the page, click on the link for "Network 54 Forum Rules."

Then click on "How do I put images in my post?"

It walks you through the whole thing.

Best bet is to open an account with one of the free image hosting sites. (I use photobucket.com) If you use the Net54 photo hosting, the images disappear in 1 week. With Photobucket, they stay as long as you keep them on the site.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Jim- cool! could you post a pic?

Old 12-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Michael,

Mine was repainted before I got it, but the numbering is original.

My seat (#18) next to yours (#17).

[linked image] [linked image]