NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM

Default PSA is slow

I sent in one, just one, card to PSA for a correction on a mistake they made - mailed to them Jan. 10th.

So far, no email confirmation from them and no status tracking info on their website. I am getting worried so I called them. They said they did receive the package, but they are extra busy and backlogged, whew.

Same thing happened with me and SGC last year. SGC was immediately on it, emailed me right away, very cordial, and got my corection back to me very quickly.

So why is PSA "apparently" so busy? I wouldn't guess January is a prime big submission month, maybe I am wrong. Have collectors flooded them with thousands upon thousands of T206's, Cracker Jacks, Goudey's and the like? Hard to believe. Or are they flooded with bjillions of the new chrome type cards? Is PSA's card grading business that healthy these days?

Steve Parmentier

Last edited by Touch'EmAll; 01-23-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add name to post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM

Not to be mean, but...are you serious?

PSA probably got your one card 10 days ago. One card you send for free correction service. And you want to know why they are not all over this as a priority?

Hmmm...should they grade the $5,000.00+ monthly order from 4sharpcorners first, or the sub from this guy who wants one card reholdered for free...let me think...
Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
I sent in one, just one, card to PSA for a correction on a mistake they made - mailed to them Jan. 10th.

So far, no email confirmation from them and no status tracking info on their website. I am getting worried so I called them. They said they did receive the package, but they are extra busy and backlogged, whew.

Same thing happened with me and SGC last year. SGC was immediately on it, emailed me right away, very cordial, and got my corection back to me very quickly.

So why is PSA "apparently" so busy? I wouldn't guess January is a prime big submission month, maybe I am wrong. Have collectors flooded them with thousands upon thousands of T206's, Cracker Jacks, Goudey's and the like? Hard to believe. Or are they flooded with bjillions of the new chrome type cards? Is PSA's card grading business that healthy these days?
Please see my PM to you.....thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM

Default aw, jeez

I was a little worried. I was just kinda at least expecting a simple stock email saying they got my package - a week and a half ago. By the way, it was about a $4,000.00 card, a little extra cause for concern.

Steve Parmentier

Last edited by Touch'EmAll; 01-23-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: add name to post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
I was a little worried. I was just kinda at least expecting a simple stock email saying they got my package - a week and a half ago. By the way, it was about a $4,000.00 card, a little extra cause for concern.
Disregarding my message to you is not good for long term membership here....(I guess I missed a PM......all is good now)

Last edited by Leon; 01-23-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Nothing new with PSA from what is said by people who use them still. We could have a weekly PSA thread with complaints.

Member since 2009
Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

I sent 30 cards to them last month and found 20% of my order was mislabeled (6 cards). I returned them a few weeks ago and they still have not received them, stating I failed to mark the outside of the box with the service level, therefore it would take a while just to receive the order.

I did not know that wanting them to correct their mistakes was a "service level."

But, having said that

1. I've been using them for a long time and have never had an issue other than some mislabeling here and there.

2. The cards I submitted were the most mislabeled cards of all time by all grading companies, PSA, SGC, not sure about BVG - W516's

3. My cards were nowhere near $4,000 in value, so my gripe is a very subtle, patient one, but yours is genuine and understanding.

4. They do more business than the others

5. Why oh why do they not advertize here? I'll never understand that.

Best of luck

Last edited by Clutch-Hitter; 01-24-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Grammatication Correctification
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Why are excuses made for PSA when they screw up? Why do they provide service levels which require extra money for quicker service -- and then don't deliver? I don't understand why the failure to abide by their own very rules should go unpunished. They get away with it because they aren't criticized enough for that practice.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Why are excuses made for PSA when they screw up? Why do they provide service levels which require extra money for quicker service -- and then don't deliver? I don't understand why the failure to abide by their own very rules should go unpunished. They get away with it because they aren't criticized enough for that practice.
Or because people prefer them to the alternatives.