NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-01-2017, 09:10 PM

Default Good Evening! New Member

I have been a card collector till late in my life. It feels like I’m late to the show, trying to catch up. My husband got me into the sports , but not till I was forced to retire at a young age I turned to collecting , with Baseball being my favorite. I’ve acquired quite a collection so far, only starting to try and obtain older cards. Recently, A Honus Wagner card came into my hands, which is a night & day scenario , as far as knowledge on T206s are concerned. What little research I’ve completed warrants such scrutiny due to false cards. I never realized . I also collect Stamps, among other things. Im a part of a stamp community and has been so helpful, so coming onto this one was a welcone sight. I’ve needed to ask questions to someone so many times. A lengthy intro , but I wanted to say thanks for allowing my presence
T
Old 12-01-2017, 09:33 PM
D0NN1E B

Hi T. Welcome to the site. Did I just read a Wagner, a T206 Wagner, fell into your hands?
Old 12-01-2017, 09:45 PM
tony

Welcome
Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 AM
Chris

Welcome to the forum. I bet a lot would love to see your t206 wagner.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Welcome!!
Old 12-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
I have been a card collector till late in my life. It feels like I’m late to the show, trying to catch up. My husband got me into the sports , but not till I was forced to retire at a young age I turned to collecting , with Baseball being my favorite. I’ve acquired quite a collection so far, only starting to try and obtain older cards. Recently, A Honus Wagner card came into my hands, which is a night & day scenario , as far as knowledge on T206s are concerned. What little research I’ve completed warrants such scrutiny due to false cards. I never realized . I also collect Stamps, among other things. Im a part of a stamp community and has been so helpful, so coming onto this one was a welcone sight. I’ve needed to ask questions to someone so many times. A lengthy intro , but I wanted to say thanks for allowing my presence
T
Welcome Tree, You are amongst friends. Someone asked me today how many members we have. I told them around 8700 registered. They asked how many are women? I said 3. Now there are 4 . (there are probably a few more than that just by the law of averages but not a whole lot). This place is what you make it and there are a ton of good folks here. If I can ever help with anything board related I am almost always around. If you go on the BST section you can always PM for a reference on a member. I don't know all of them but most times I have a good idea. Take care and happy collecting!!

Old 12-02-2017, 06:33 PM
John Hanssen

Welcome

Ask away people here are a great great resource on history and baseball along with many other thing. Many of use collect a large amount things other than sports related cards and items. (I just also collect and preserve Roman coins)

I'm sure we'll all would like to heard and see any or all of your current collection your willing to share.

Good luck in your collecting.

Last edited by nebboy; 12-02-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:34 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Some clarifications. This person never actually said he/she has a T206 Wagner, just sort of implied it. It's odd there haven't been any subsequent posts about the card from the OP. We're all waiting. Plus, in these PC days if someone talks about their husband, that no longer automatically means they are a woman. Just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:25 PM
Al Richter

Maybe the Wagner came into her hands like it did for Baseballcrazy13 in the Positive Impact thread

But late in her life. Better late than never, welcome

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 12-02-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Some clarifications. This person never actually said he/she has a T206 Wagner, just sort of implied it. It's odd there haven't been any subsequent posts about the card from the OP. We're all waiting. Plus, in these PC days if someone talks about their husband, that no longer automatically means they are a woman. Just saying.
Hopefully Tree will come back and join the games when there is time.

Last edited by Leon; 12-03-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:41 PM

Default Thank you for the welcomes

Sorry for the pause. I didnt realize I’d be getting a great welcome. Thank you for all your kind words. Just a funny tale in response to being the 4th lady. I ordered baseball cards from someone, and the offer had said they were gonna add a bonus card. Well when the cards came, my bonus card was a rookie supermodel. Told my Mike (husband) , you can have that.

I thought I had a Honus Wagner card, but after much research, in the end it more than likely is a reprint. In fact, I had read a lot of your T206 section areas. The only thing I could never find was an very good close up of the cards. But, I have quite a large collection to hopefully get to chatting with you all about.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Sorry for the pause. I didnt realize I’d be getting a great welcome. Thank you for all your kind words. Just a funny tale in response to being the 4th lady. I ordered baseball cards from someone, and the offer had said they were gonna add a bonus card. Well when the cards came, my bonus card was a rookie supermodel. Told my Mike (husband) , you can have that.

I thought I had a Honus Wagner card, but after much research, in the end it more than likely is a reprint. In fact, I had read a lot of your T206 section areas. The only thing I could never find was an very good close up of the cards. But, I have quite a large collection to hopefully get to chatting with you all about.

Welcome! Show some pics of your collection. We would love to see what you have! Enjoy the board. Great wealth of knowledge here!