NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Steven

Default I didnt know ebay did this...

Recently I purchased a larger lot of some caramel cards of ebay at a negotiated price, paid paypal thru ebay. I had a bad feeling about the purchase, i have a lot of bad feelings on large purchases though but thims there was low feedback and a no return policy. I emailed and they said no returns on these raw cards. I saw scns of about 50% of the cards and pulled the trigger. What looked like and were described as crease were tears, and what looked like caramel stains was actually adhesive and the scanned half was much nicer than the half i didnt seeI asked for a full refund or partial w/ a new price. They contacted ebay who is making them accept a return. I am very thankful as this was both out of character for me and dumb, but i didnt think ebay would protect us this way, but then again the $$ is not in the account either.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:15 PM

eBay the past couple of years has been siding with buyers 95% of the time in cases. They have made it very hard for bad sellers, but because of this have grouped many of the good sellers in with the bad.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Doug C.

I only sell graded cards and I put up clear scans so I always have checked the "returns not accepted" box mostly to discourage people from trying to return something because they changed their mind after they bought it or because they ended up disagreeing with the grade that the TPG gave after seeing it in person. The other day when I was listing some cards I noticed that if you check the "returns not accepted" box it says that the buyer is still allowed to return the item if it's not as described. I don't have a problem with taking an item back if I there was an error in the listing on my part, but it's almost like eBay is saying "We'll give you the choice of accepting returns or not, but basically you still have to accept returns either way".
Old 08-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Item was "not as described"

Can you give us the sellers name so everyone can avoid him?