NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Jordan Gluck

Default Future HOFers

Who are some potential HOfers with a high autograph value?
Obvoiusly Joe Jackson Bill Dahleen and Dummy Hoy come to mind. What about owners/gms like Sam Breandon, Charles Stoneham, or Steinbrenner?
Just something I have been wondering about.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Take Joe Jackson off your list, I would add Hodges, Sherry Magee, Pete Browning, who really knows, if I knew I would be buying their autographs now. Look at prior veterans committee votes.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:40 PM

I agree. Forget Joe Jackson. I think Vern Stephens is a possibility in addition to Hodges.

Last edited by johnmh71; 11-15-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

The best way to get an idea is to look at past nominees and finalists and then the voting for each of the 3 Veterans Committee categories and look into your crystal ball and guess. Remember to look at players, owners, general managers, managers, umpires, as well as possible Negro Leaguers, even though the Hall of Fame says they addressed that issue in 2006 and they do not plan to address it again; you just never know what they will do about the Negro Leaguers.
When you do a breakdown like this you could come up with 30 names or more easily in my opinion.
I have been buying any potential inductee for the past 25 years and sometimes you hit it right , and other times you just add to your collection.
Also you need to define value. Is it the dollar multiplier of value or the actual dollar jump. I do not expect for example a huge jump in the value of Gil Hodges if he makes it this year but his value will increase some . Just like when Jacob Ruppert made it, his auto jumped some but certainly did not triple in value from what I have seen.
Yet my Deacon White probably quadrupled at least in value when he went in, as did Henry O'Day and Bid McPhee.
Obviously any player who died possibly before 1960 will see a greater increase in value than any player from the 1960s to the present just because of the supply of material available .
The prediction for future Veterans Committee inductees for the most part is a gamble just like the stock market. You buy in my opinion because you want the auto and are willing to be patient , and you can afford to be patient, and you like collecting.

Last edited by Klrdds; 11-15-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Add more comments
Old 11-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I understand what you're saying as far as increase in pricing, but comparing Ruppert to Hodges may not be quite equal. Ruppert checks are out there in such quantity that most collectors are satisfied with adding a check to their collection as he was not a player. With Hodges, I think there will be quite a premium on items like nice Brooklyn photos and nice looking display pieces. At least I'm hoping as I have a nice Hodges photo.