NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-06-2023, 05:33 AM
Banned

Handling the volume is very simple: with the help of owners willing to submit info of their own personal findings, then that will make PSAs job easier. State where they found the info and let research team confirm it. How hard is that? PSA doesn't want to do their job. If it's too much for them to accurately grade/label tickets and refuse to take any info from owners, then they simply don't need to grade them. They have a job to do and tickets require research...exhibition game or not

Last edited by VintageHoarder; 07-06-2023 at 05:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:37 AM
Banned

They could always limit the number of submissions they're willing to take. It's not hard to figure this out. Again, they are being PAID to do a job. It's like ordering a dressed cheeseburger from Wendys and getting back a plain burger, then when you complain, you get told to live with it. This is not how customer service works.

Last edited by VintageHoarder; 07-06-2023 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:53 AM
Banned

And what if PSA told you they didn't want to relabel your tickets the way you wanted, though? I'm sure you wouldn't be so happy with them. Sure, you got what you wanted, but what if you didn't? See, its easy to dismiss someone else's misfortune and defend PSA when you are one of the ones that got lucky and wasn't rejected. Of course it's easy to defend them...you got treated right.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:12 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageHoarder View Post
And what if PSA told you they didn't want to relabel your tickets the way you wanted, though? I'm sure you wouldn't be so happy with them. Sure, you got what you wanted, but what if you didn't? See, its easy to dismiss someone else's misfortune and defend PSA when you are one of the ones that got lucky and wasn't rejected. Of course it's easy to defend them...you got treated right.
Not dismissing your experience. I’m just saying that the proliferation of graded ticket I can see why this is running into problems. Everyone wants a label making their ticket pop. Including me.

Honestly I can see a reasonable basis for them to say we are not going to treat an exhibition game as an official marker of any kind of performance based stat.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-06-2023 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Here's an example unrelated to your situation. My 1943 War Bonds game ticket. Widely hailed as "Babe Ruth's final homerun". Was it? Well, it was his last homerun in a major league park. In an exhibition game. And PSA does not say "Babe Ruth's Final Homerun" on the flip.

Would "Babe Ruth's Final HR" be deceiving? I'd say yes. Babe Ruth's "final" hometun was in an official MLB game.
And Jackie Robinson's last game was in Brooklyn, not Japan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8301.jpg (108.7 KB, 147 views)
Old 07-06-2023, 03:27 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Here's an example unrelated to your situation. My 1943 War Bonds game ticket. Widely hailed as "Babe Ruth's final homerun". Was it? Well, it was his last homerun in a major league park. In an exhibition game. And PSA does not say "Babe Ruth's Final Homerun" on the flip.

Would "Babe Ruth's Final HR" be deceiving? I'd say yes. Babe Ruth's "final" hometun was in an official MLB game.
Nice to know at least two of us understand the PSA quandary.

Are we an independent arbiter who make our own objective determinations or do we let our customers dictate our opinions and verbiage?

Easy call every time.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not dismissing your experience. I’m just saying that the proliferation of graded ticket I can see why this is running into problems. Everyone wants a label making their ticket pop. Including me.

Honestly I can see a reasonable basis for them to say we are not going to treat an exhibition game as an official marker of any kind of performance based stat.
Of course everyone wants their labels to read what they want. Thats why PSA is getting paid. It's not even about them not even labeling it anymore at this point, it's about how they handled the entire situation. To turn down a customer and tell them they're wrong when they're offering legit information for their ticket is arrogant and completely uncalled for. The ticket obviously was never about stats, it was about the first and only game that Mays played at Fenway. A regular season ticket does not exist of this, so all in all, this ticket should be an exception.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:18 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
The ticket ... the first and only game that Mays played at Fenway.
If I was the opinion seller, I would ask that you prove your statement, IF I cared about you or your ticket.

Doug "they are not Faith No More" Goodman

Last edited by doug.goodman; 07-06-2023 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:47 PM
Banned

Look at spring training rookie photographs of players like Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays: are those insignificant, because those photos were taken during an exhibition period of their career? Lets look at this from PSAs point of view; According to PSA, these also would be insignificant collectibles, because they are not "official". Yes, that would include the first time Mantle truly dressed in a Yankee uniform...it is unofficial and doesn't "count". A rookie is a rookie and a game is a game....no matter how you slice it. You can't discriminate against exhibition games and refuse to label them accurately, while grading the photographs taken during the same type of games and labeling them accurately. If it's known to be a photo taken during an exhibition period, the photos would have been taken at an "unofficial" time in their career. Therefore,, photos are just as insignificant and inferior as the game tickets themselves. This is the ludricous double-standard that PSA has created, and I'm honestly not even sure they're smart or professional enough to realize it.

Last edited by VintageHoarder; 07-06-2023 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:58 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Look at spring training rookie photographs of players like Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays: are those insignificant, because those photos were taken during an exhibition period of their career? Lets look at this from PSAs point of view; According to PSA, these also would be insignificant collectibles, because they are not "official". Yes, that would include the first time Mantle truly dressed in a Yankee uniform...it is unofficial and doesn't "count". A rookie is a rookie and a game is a game....no matter how you slice it. You can't discriminate against exhibition games and refuse to label them accurately, while grading the photographs taken during the same type of games and labeling them accurately. If it's known to be a photo taken during an exhibition period, the photos would have been taken at an "unofficial" time in their career. Therefore,, photos are just as insignificant and inferior as the game tickets themselves. This is the ludricous double-standard that PSA has created, and I'm honestly not even sure they're smart or professional enough to realize it.
Easy solution. Send it to Beckett. Maybe they will do what you want. They need ticket business.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:10 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

You can’t order a hamburger at Wendy’s that is gong to take someone 25 minutes to make.

QUOTE=VintageHoarder;2353548]They could always limit the number of submissions they're willing to take. It's not hard to figure this out. Again, they are being PAID to do a job. It's like ordering a dressed cheeseburger from Wendys and getting back a plain burger, then when you complain, you get told to live with it. This is not how customer service works.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-06-2023, 02:14 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
You can’t order a hamburger at Wendy’s that is gong to take someone 25 minutes to make.
That's pretty quick at my local Wendy's drive thru...
Old 07-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
They could always limit the number of submissions they're willing to take. It's not hard to figure this out. Again, they are being PAID to do a job. It's like ordering a dressed cheeseburger from Wendys and getting back a plain burger, then when you complain, you get told to live with it. This is not how customer service works.
All of your comments are based on an initial assumption that the opinion sellers "care".

They do not care about you.

They do not care about your card.

They do care about your wallet, but only in a shortsighted "give us as much money as you can today" sort of way.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:56 PM
Banned

And the flip at least mentions Babe Ruth. The one I own of Mays says no mention of him and PSA refuses to fix it.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
All of your comments are based on an initial assumption that the opinion sellers "care".

They do not care about you.

They do not care about your card.

They do care about your wallet, but only in a shortsighted "give us as much money as you can today" sort of way.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:57 PM
Banned

That's fine, Doug...I can choose to not care about them by voting with my wallet.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:08 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
That's fine, Doug...I can choose to not care about them by voting with my wallet.
Welcome to a very small club
Old 07-06-2023, 02:10 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Handling the volume is very simple: with the help of owners willing to submit info of their own personal findings, then that will make PSAs job easier. State where they found the info and let research team confirm it. How hard is that? PSA doesn't want to do their job. If it's too much for them to accurately grade/label tickets and refuse to take any info from owners, then they simply don't need to grade them. They have a job to do and tickets require research...exhibition game or not
Never going to happen.

They couldn't even "research" the most famous card in the world properly.