NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Shale Levine

Default I Bought Myself the new Ron Keurajian Autograph book for myself and ?

Just got back from a great New Years vacation. Two things awaited me that I was so anxious to get, one being my new rescue dog who I reluctantly put in a "doggy Hotel", and the other being Ron Keurajian's new book Baseball Hall of Fame Autographs. As soon as I hit the mail box and saw the package I ran inside the house to open it. WOW, the Acknowledgements, the Fay Vincent foreword, the preface and the introduction I read with great joy.

I could not wait to look through the book and compare my autographs. I ran up to my locked room of memorabilia and started to compare my autographs to his reading all about my boy hood idol, Duke Snider. I compared my signed Johnny Mize autograph to the one there happy it is real. Then I grabbed my Branch Rickey autograph and was glad to THINK it was real, but, it isn't! It would have been real had it been signed in 1916 but the 195_ date on the bottom ruined it.

Oh Well, I as elated to have the book and though I am sure I have other fakes in my collection, I still am elated. This is a GREAT BOOK!

Has anyone else had the experience of forged autographs after buying Ron's book?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 019.JPG (22.3 KB, 228 views)
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM
John Smithwick

Just a real pretty Joe DiMaggio that turned out to be signed by his sister. Local ephemera dealer showed me a couple Charles Comiskey signed letters a couple months ago. I'm going to see him again next week and want to compare those with what's in the book.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Tom Boblitt

??

Don't understand your 1916 v. 195_ argument.....
Rickey born 12-20-1881, died 12-09-1965, so 195_ would be a viable date he COULD have signed something. Your Rickey sig looks a little different than others I've seen but I'm not entirely sure about it's authenticity. Maybe someone else could weigh in on it.

Plus I'd assume that, while Ron's book is a great illustrator of autographs, it's not inconceivable that something could be authentic while not looking EXACTLY like an auto in his book......it's a 'GUIDE' after all.

Don't throw away the Rickey just yet........anyone?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Shale Levine

The reason being is that my autograph looks exactly like the one he shows in his book from 1916 where his examples of Rickey's later autographs from the 1940's on have no resemblance to mine. I wish it were so, but not holding my breath.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM

Default JimStinson

Rickey used a secretary as well as signing his own stuff , I have examples of both which I'll post tomorrow ...also the book is great BUT there are some areas of very slight disagreement.....smile , remember no one in this world is going to agree on everything all of the time. ESPECIALLY autographs but am always willing to state my case and let you make the decision in the meantime watch the classic movie "12 angry men" with Henry Fonda. It relates well...cheers